Greatest American Hero DVD news!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhh, yeah!!!!!!!!

"Look at what's happened to me
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly, I'm up on top of the world
It should've been somebody else...

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flying away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be...believe it or not, it's just me

Just like the light of a new day
It hit me from out of the blue
Breaking me out of the spell I was in
Making all of my wishes come true...

Who could it be...believe it or not, it's just me
This is too good to be true
Look at me
Falling for you
Believe it or not (4X)

Who could it be...believe it or not, it's just me"

Okay, this is starting to freak me out now! LOL! This is a series that I wouldn't have held my breath for any time soon. Someone must have heard your request, Greg! :b

Damn... QL, Sliders, DS9, Voyager, the original Star Trek, 24, The Sopranos, The Simpsons, and now The Greatest American Hero! I'm gonna be broke before the year is up!

It's been so long since I've seen this show that I really don't remember most of the episodes, but I do remember that it was my favorite show when I was a little kid. I looked it up on one of those episode guide websites a while ago and didn't even realize that the show was only on ABC for about 2 and a half years, or something like that. I all but lost the show when they moved it to the Friday night "death slot" (hmm... sounds familiar, doesn't it?)

I MIGHT shell out some money for this eventually, but I'm not really sure yet... it would be for nostalgia, more than anything...

I remember running in the door from little league basketball practice and racing to the tvset to put this show on...

My favorite episode was the one where Ralph found a doorway into another dimension where this evil woman was and when he went through his suit had no powers except going back thru the portal and this woman was just kicking Ralph's ass until he found a way to beat her before she was strong enough to cross over into our world...

Another favorite was when he posed as a minor league pitcher to solve a crime for Bill Maxwell and he had to have part of his costume showing so that he could top 100 miles an hour on the radar gun.

Another good one is when Ralph gives up the suit (spidey 2 anyone?) and gets shot in a robbery. Dying, Ralph is takne into the desert by Bill Maxwell where the aliens take him , fix him up, and give him another instruction book, which he quickly lost again..hehehe

Okay, this is starting to freak me out now! LOL! This is a series that I wouldn't have held my breath for any time soon. Someone must have heard your request, Greg!

OK, anyone else have any shows not out on DVD...?...Maybe I can work my magic on those too...hehehe

Damon, the odds were in my favor...Stephen J Cannell is now executive producer of the film project for Greatest American Hero in production by Disney...I feel better about the movie with him in charge of it...If Disney was left alone with it, it would suck before it left the editing room

Yeah Greg, how about "Forever Knight"? I would buy the DVDs for it (even though it currently airs on Space at 9:00 in the morning).

The remaining seasons of "Traders" would be nice: season one has come out, but it's insanely expensive for 13 episodes and I haven't found it anywhere except online. -_-

Hmmm... I guess that's it for now. ;) I'll just wait until you've talked to your sources... :b

... Mike. ^_^

Another good one is when Ralph gives up the suit (spidey 2 anyone?) and gets shot in a robbery. Dying, Ralph is takne into the desert by Bill Maxwell where the aliens take him , fix him up, and give him another instruction book, which he quickly lost again..hehehe

Yeah, that's one of the few that I do remember... wasn't that a season opener?

Also, is it my imagination or was there some kind of Halloween episode where Bill became possessed by a demon or something? I have this vague memory that has stood out in my head for a long time of Bill speaking with a creepy demonic voice. Was that the episode you were referring to in your last post about the doorway into another dimension?

And didn't Ralph at one point start to master using the suit? I seem to recall an old TV promo that showed him relaxed with his hands behind his head and doing flips while in mid-flight. I'm guessing that was right around the time the series got canned.

hey, gotta get "Dungeouns and Dragons" Animated show on DVD!!! that's a MUST HAVE!

Although I do have most of them on mpeg format.... heheheheh

Ah, this is great news indeed!

It looks like it may be out in time for my birthday. Good timing!

Dungeons and Dragons with Ranger, Cavalier, Magician, Barbarian, Thief, and Acrobat(??)..and Uni the unicorn..I remember that show...

Was the name of the villain Venger?

"Hey, look, the Dungeons and Dragons ride!!!"

According to TVSHOWSONDVD.COM, the GAH box set has been pushed back to early 2005 to add tons of supplements!!!!!!

Hate to wait longer but if they tack on a lot of cool stuff, I can live with that...

barely...

:b

Re: Dungeons and Dragons DVDs!!!!!!!!!

We have the first three out of four volumes of the D&D dvds, vol four is due out over here just before Christmas I believe.
Strange thing is, episode one does not set the story, it just plunges into the middle. We thought at first that it was a mistake and the episodes weren't in order, but it is right according to the website.

Re: Dungeons and Dragons DVDs!!!!!!!!!

They did the same thing with "Count Duckula", Helen... I downloaded the first episode, and there was no explaination, they just took the castle to Egypt... but perhaps the intro theme is enough explaination. ;) I just remember an episode where they actually went through and re-incarnated Duckula...

... and I hope I'm not the only one who's seen this show! <LOL> It was one of my favourites as a kid. Ah, the '80s...

... Mike. ^_^

Count Duckula

I remember it well Mikey, wasn't it David Jason voicing Duckula, like in Dangermouse? Talented fella, very versatile!

Re: Count Duckula

I used to watch those shows. Remember them well. :) Relatively, anyway. ;)