Questions about the convention?

We're putting together a whole variety of things, Josh. There'll be the usual favorite activities (Q&A, autographs, dealers' room) plus parties, contests, a charity auction, panel discussions on various aspects of the show and characters - stay tuned for updates on what we have planned!

Please can you supply information as to your previous convention running experience, financial backing/underpinning and public liability insurance.

Thanks!

Philippa

Emma and I have served on staff of a number of conventions. This is Maryse, Judy and Brian's first go-round as staff, and the first go-round for all of us as organizers. All the financing for the con will come out of ticket sales. The liability insurance is not yet in place, but will be in the near future.

There'll be further "whats and wherefores" posted before we open ticket sales.

Sorry to be picky, but I can't see how you can possibly afford all those guests and their likely appearance fees, per deums, hotel bills, etc simply out of ticket sales. If you geninely have signed contracts with all those guests, I'm concered that you're going to be in financial trouble and not be able to deliver the convention as advertised. [Sorry for appearing to being down on this, but I have had experience of fan run conventions that have hit this very problem].

P.

The guests are attending unpaid, for the benefit of the charity. A number of them may sell photos of themselves (or books, or some other item) in the dealers' room; and/or may charge for an autograph, to help make a little money for themselves. But by and large they live local to the convention and will simply be driving over to spend a little time with the fans. They are not being compensated by the convention. Scott himself has not asked for any compensation whatsoever.

I don't blame you for being cautious -- I've had experience with a con myself (as an attendee) that got very overambitious and then couldn't pay the bills. But rest assured, that is not the situation here.

Carol is right - all our guests are volunteering their time. We got very lucky with them!

Our main bill is going to be to pay the hotel where we hold this. We are literally less than 6 weeks away from getting the contract signed. There will be an announcement soon on how we plan to raise the money for the deposit and following that - tickets will open!

Stay tuned here.

Rest assured that we are going to make this happen. We have a ton of people backing us not limited to the stars themselves. There is nothing at all to worry about with us.

Thanks for voicing the concern so that we could provide everyone with an answer!

I know it's probably hard to say, but do you think the silver tickets will sell out sooner rather than later? I'd love to go but I dont know yet if i can make it.

Will there be a question and answer time like in previous conventions and is all ticket levels permited to that.
Also are the gold level ticket like me allowed in the dealers room when they sell their items.
what does third in line for all events mean?

Will there be a question and answer time like in previous conventions and is all ticket levels permited to that.

Yes and yes!

Also are the gold level ticket like me allowed in the dealers room when they sell their items.

Yes!

what does third in line for all events mean?

You'll be just behind the Diamond and Platinum attendees when it comes time to stand in line for anything.

Have the Gooshie's Programming (Saturday night party) tickets gone on sale/ sold out? I can't find a link to them on the LB website.

How long before the convention date will the ticket packages be mailed?

No, Gooshie's Programming events have not yet gone on sale - but they will this Tuesday at 11am EST!!! Keep an eye out for this!!

Ticket are not being mailed. Your email confirmation is your ticket along with valid government-issued ID. You'll get your name badge, etc when you register at the convention.

Last edited:
Two questions- will Casey Biggs be performing with the Enterprise Blues Band?
How do I find the list of locations of attending members? Thanks.