Hurricane Gustav

Sherdran

Project QL Intern
May 6, 2004
Louisiana
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that it's looking very much like I (and thousands of other New Orleanians) will be evacuating to escape Gustav. I and my "fur kids" are leaving on Friday morning (August 29th...and the 3rd anniversary of Katrina) to go to Texas to stay with MJ and her family again. Hopefully, it will only be for a few days. Even bigger hopes are that Gustav fizzles out long before he gets this far or, at least it doesn't hit us head on.

All prayers and good thoughts for safe traveling (for all of the evacuees) would be greatly appreciated.

I'll keep you posted.

Eleiece

Last edited:
All our prayers go with you dear friend, both for personal safety and for a return to an undamaged home.
God bless, and Vaya con Dios mi amiga.
Oh and give MJ a hug from me!

Glad to hear E has arrived safely.

Have fun you guys - as I know you will!

Let's hope Gustav passes by uneventfully.

Hi all!

Wanted to give you an update, but first, thanks for all the prayers and good wishes, everyone. :)

I'm still here in Texas, but the good news is that it appears that my house and property came through unscathed... again!! Yippee! My nextdoor neighbor called me Friday afternoon; she said that it appears that our area was only without power for a day or so, because all of the food in her freezer was fine. (double Yippeee!)

Now, as to Ike, well even though the extend 5-day cone of where that bad boy might hit is now encompassing the Texas coast (and New Orleans is on the eastern most edge of that cone for the moment) I'm going to sit tight today and keep a close eye on it. If that cone of error doesn't shift back to put New Orleans in the "bulls-eye" position again, I'll likely head for home tomorrow morning, maybe Tuesday. I just want to be as sure as I can of where that bad boy is headed before I head home, because I'm not independently wealthy enough to ride the "evacuation merry-go-round" more than once a season. As it is, I am now very seriously looking at moving away from Louisiana.

I'll keep you all posted. And...*g*....to paraphrase an old saying, "Keep those prayers and good thoughts coming". Lord knows, everyone in that bad boy's path can use them. :)

Eleiece

Sherdran said:
As it is, I am now very seriously looking at moving away from Louisiana.

I can't blame you! How many times can people go through this without thinking that way? Um... you might want to avoid the Florida Keys though--they evacuate even more often than you do. :)

Glad to hear your house is OK!

Update

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be heading back to Louisiana tomorrow morning (Sept. 9th); probably get on the road about 6:30 or 7:00. With a "good tail wind" I should be home by 6:00 tomorrow evening.

Prayers for safe traveling mercies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Eleiece

Final update....

Here's the short and sweet version (*g*).....I'm back home again in Louisiana; I arrived home about 6:30 this evening. As for the house, everything (save for a few things in the refrigerator) are fine!

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. Everyone of them were much appreciated!

Eleiece K.