View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 01:14 PM   #7
mstalanon
Assistant to Gooshie

Default Round Robin 3: Part Seven

"Ohhh boy," Sam uttered, overcome, and reflexively his hand tightened even more on Mrs. Tate's wrist, her hand becoming bloodless and white. Anna's eyes grew wide, and her lower lip began to quiver. Soon, tears spilled out over her cheeks, and she breathed out slowly.

"M-muffin," she said simply, and she took in a hitched breath.

"Th-Thanks, Joel," Al said, as he playfully swiped his hands through the little boy's image. Joel's eyes lit up with delight again, and he slid his his shirt back down and pulled up his trousers. "Are ya hungry?" Al asked, changing the subject.

The kid nodded enthusiastically, and Al smiled.

"Okay, why don't you come into the kitchen with me, and let's see about rustlin' ya up some grub. Meanwhile, you're daddy will get rid of this mean ol' woman." Then Al turned to walk thru the wall, and Joel tried to follow and thumped off it. He squealed with joy and ran thru the doorway, past the two stunned adults standing there, and giggled all the way down the hallway. Anna grinned and followed her brother out. Sam could hear Al's voice continue in the kitchen. "Now remember, I'm not really here, so I can't grab stuff... you'll have to do it for me, but I'll tell you what to do. Oh Anna's here, tell her to help ya!"

"Be there in a moment, Joel," Sam called out, and then turned his attention to the unemployed Nanny. "If I were someone else, I'd..."

"What?" sobbed Mrs. Tate. "You'd hit me? You'd strike me down and kick me? Big, tough man! You're hurting my hand!" she wailed and tried to collapse, but Sam easily held her up by the one hand, but did reach down and grab her other arm, and pulled her up to a standing position.

"If after all of this, all you have to show is some fingerprints on your wrist that will fade in a few moments, you can count yourself lucky!!!!" Sam said through thinned lips, barely containing the anger. "He's THREE years OLD!!"

"He wouldn't BEHAVE!"

"I SAID HE'S THREE YEARS OLD!!!!"

Mrs Tate replied in a smaller voice, "I heard you... please don't hurt me."

Sam looked at her with kinder eyes. "No, that's the difference between you and me. I won't hurt someone that's weaker and smaller than I am. I'll leave it up to the police, and make certain you don't hurt another child again! Come on!" he said, and walked strongly down the hall, taking the defeated nanny with him. Once in the kitchen, Sam grabbed the wall phone, and laid it down on the counter and pressed in the 911 code, and picked it up with the same hand.

"Ohhh, Raviolli, huh? Hmmm, well, with these spices, I'll show you kids how to make 'Calavicci Surprise' that will make you grow hair on your toes!" Al said lightly in the background. Sam rolled his eyes, and began to give the details to the operator on the other end of the line.

He grinned when he heard Anna say, "You're putting Oregano and Parmesan Cheese on Raviolli?? Oh Cool!"
Matt