View Single Post
Old 09-29-2002, 03:30 PM   #12
mstalanon
Assistant to Gooshie

Default Re: Round Robin 2 : Part Ten

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> "Gooshie!"<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> "Admiral! There's nothing we can do!"<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> the programmer's voice intoned in the chamber. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> "Doctor Beckett is currently unconscious, and will be out for at least twelve minutes!"<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

"NO!" Al screamed, and hit the button to the Imaging Chamber doorway. It raised up with it's customary sound and light, and Admiral Calavicci dashed out like a demon possessed. He hit the ramp running and darted into the main processing chamber. There was a flurry of activity as Gooshie was ordering techs around. Tina and Dr. Aleese-Beckett were each at secondary consoles inputting data and scenarios. Donna glanced at Al with concern and he gave her a concerned glace in return. Tossing the handlink to Tina, he turned on Gooshie.

"Anything from Ziggy?"

"Negative Admiral. I'm sorry, but this Brent Wetherspoon is actively trying to um... commit rape on Doctor Beckett."

"Okay, put aside the sheer silliness of the fact that Doctor Beckett is a man, and that the genitalia is in different locations, can it happen?"

"Unknown Admiral. Since Doctor Beckett wears the aura of the Leapee, several scenarios come to mind. We've just never faced this type of possibility before. In the past, when Doctor Beckett has..." Gooshie paused and glanced over at Donna. He lowered his voice and leaned in to speak with Al. Al politely averted his face where Gooshie's breath wouldn't penetrate so much. "When he has... copulated with someone else, it's always been with a member of the opposite sex of who Doctor Beckett is naturally... in other words..."

"A female." Al finished for him, and nodded. "Okay, that seals it!"

He raised his voice to a command level. "I want a Fermi suit, and I want it now!" He saw Gooshie start to protest, and Al hushed him with an upraised hand. "I'm the Project Administrator here Gooshie. You're my friend, but you're also my employee!"

Gooshie shut his mouth with a snap, and nodded.

Al raised his gaze to the constantly evolving colors of Ziggy's mainframe display, as a technician ran over to the Admiral with a Fermi suit and began to assist him in removing his clothing. "Well Zig, what are my chances?"

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> %%"Of winning the lottery? 9,543,331 to one, even with my help!" Of fighting your last divorce settlement, 33 to 4. Of..."%%<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

"Stiffle it Zig!" Al growled as he stepped into the all-white material. It had a comfort to it he didn't want to admit to. "You know what I mean."

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> %%"Yes Admiral, I was just getting to that. Your chances of successfully Quantum Leaping into Doctor Beckett As Miss Connie Blademore are suprisingly positive... almost a 35% chance of successful Leap-in. However, you will most assuredly be lost in time as Doctor Beckett has been these many years."%%<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

Al shook his head with a finality that stiffled all conversation. He zipped up the suit with an angry gesture. "Doesn't matter Zig. You know how many times he's saved my life! If we can save his, we have to do this!"

Al turned to the appropriate chamber and ran in. "Power it up Gooshie!"

"Way ahead of you Al!" Gooshie called. The Admiral knew how upset the programmer was, for he never called Sam or himself by their first names unless he was totally upset.

Admiral Albert Calavicci hesitated a moment and called out to Ziggy. "Status on Doctor Beckett?"

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> %%"That awful young man is removing Doctor Beckett's blouse! I estimate another two more minutes before he indeed accomplishes his 'chore'. Why do men do this to the 'weaker sex' Admiral?"%%<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

"Not all men!" growled the Admiral. "No time to argue! <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> Countdown until Quantum Leap-Out!

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> %%"Thirty seconds and counting, Admiral,"%% <!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->
<!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Ziggy purred. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> %%"Best of luck Admiral!"%%<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

Al took a deep breath. "Thanks... I think!" He stepped forward as Ziggy's voice continued the countdown. He felt the uprising vent from the energy pouring through the pad as he stepped on it, and closed his eyes. He didn't have time to recognize all the sensations of the Quantum forces as they played around his own aura. Sam had mentioned before about electricity surging through his body, and now Al felt the very same enlightenment. Almost against his own wishes, he tossed his head back and raised his hands to the chamber's ceiling. He concentrated his will completely on his friend, his buddy, and his purpose for being there.

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> "C'mon Sam. Lead me to you!"<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

Matt