View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
I believe that if he ever did remember Donna, he'd realise how badly he's hurt her by making her make peace with her father and get over her abandonment issues, only to abandon her himself. I expect that he would leap to try to prevent marrying her, maybe even trying to convince her to marry her first fiance instead
I agree with this. Sam can choose to make a sacrifice for himself but it's not up to him to choose that for someone else. I think he would at least want to try to make it right once he realized he'd done wrong by her. I have no doubt that he loves her, he didn't want to hurt her and would feel terrible to know that he had. Though it still doesn't make sense to me why she didn't marry her first fiance in the first place. If making peace with her father helped her get over her abandonment issues she shouldn't have been afraid of commitment that first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
First of all, Al the Bartender is NOT GFTW, he says so himself.
There's a theory that Al the Bartender is actually a physical manifestation of Ziggy and that it's Ziggy who has been in control all along, which is an interesting idea. But I like the Wizard of Oz analogy, too, and the idea that Sam is dreaming the leap, putting different names to familiar faces and vice versa -- it works really well for the episode and I like the idea that it's Sam who subconsciously chooses to continue leaping because of his desire to make the world a better place.