View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 10:24 PM   #10
SueJBakula

Post 19:

Thread Heading: Diffrent Ending to "Mirror Image"

Date: 07/09/1999

So how did every like the video clip of the diffrent ending to
Mirror Image? I think this was a better ending then the one they aired! If ya still have gottin this clip e-mail me.

Reply 1: what differnet ending?
Date: 02/07/2000

please it is very important if who ever reads this
please email me at jwiz76@yahoo.com to tell me where yo get
the different end or ask for my addres if you have it a copy that is of the clip
Post 20:

Thread Heading: Straupaw, canon

Date: 07/09/1999

I really like the idea that Straupaw is an angel (like Angelita). It certainly fits well with everything that went on around him--he's a dead person, he was there to help, and memories of him dissipated once he left. That had never come across my mind.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that a few of the novels try to explain whether Al sees Sam or the host when he is a hologram in the past. Storm purports that Al sees both of them in sort of a "double vision" effect (Sam with one eye and the host with the other). I liked Defilippis's explanation a little better, though.

Here is the reasoning (mixed with a little of my own): Early in the project, the workers were wary of the Waiting Room visitors and didn't interact much with them. Al was enthralled by what he saw in "What Price Gloria." Later on, they became more comfortable with the visitors; and Al actually shook hands with one of them. As is the case with the Evil Leapers, the "real" person appeared before Al; and it was possible for him to see Sam in the past. In episodes where Al saw Sam in the past, he must have had physical contact with the visitor in the Waiting Room. In those where he saw the host, no physical contact was made.

Now, if we could only reconcile that whole Al's age thing.....

Reply 1: !!!
Date: 07/10/1999

Yeah, i noticed that too in the novels. I think that early on in the project that Ziggy was able to take a "photo" of Sam and intermix it into the Imaging Chamber. So whenever Sam leaped into a person, it would look like Sam to Al. As for the hosts, I think Al could see the person for who they really are after the simo-leap since Al and Sam swapped some marbles.