Thread: Need help
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #21
jassian
Project Observer

FOR YOUR FIRST VIDEO, YOU'RE ALMOST THERE, WITH THE LEAP, YOU NEED TO ADD ANOTHER TYPE OF TRANSITION. Sorry caps lock too lazy to re-type

You probably used a 'dissolve' to mix the leap effect and archer.
try something like "maximum" or 'screen' - may be called different on your software.
Something which lets the brighter colors override the darker ones, this way archer will glow and then return to normal more imressively

if you look close you can see your leap came from another piece of footage, but it'll be really close to perfect. Should spiff up your second video leap as well.
Actually I may have another idea that could work as well, change the luminace of the archer shot to very bright, then overlay the two shots and crossdissolve. Will make the whole image turn from very bright to normal. In combination with the leap effect of course.

Like here, it's very short but maybe you can see it:
http://jassian.com/5LOC/light%20effect.mp4

I'm just waiting for feldon to have the time to do the effect, but there's no rush. Although I have two shortfilms I have to finish editing and my cgi person will probably not be able to continue. So that's a bit sad as I really need cgi for the first one.

Last edited by jassian; 07-26-2009 at 03:31 AM.
jassian is offline   Reply With Quote