View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 02:29 AM   #31
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonea View Post

This from my daughter:

One of my favourite lines in the show is when Al says to Sam, "your best shot is freezing the brain until all electrical activity has ceased." And Sam's response was, "that's called death."

I have to admit that when I first watched QL on TV I didn't really like the Al character. I don't know what I was thinking. Seeing these episodes again, I just love him. Sam and Al were perfect together.

One thing though, I don't understand how Sam was able to answer all those questions on the memory questionnaire considering he had such a swiss-cheesed memory. He couldn't remember his own last name yet he remembered mini skirts. Streaking? Sam? Sam says the answers are all true and we know that Sam always tells the truth.

Scott and Dean are perfect for their roles. This episode-equally perfect.
That's one of my favorite lines too.
I have to admit when I first watched I thought of Al as little more than a device to give Sam information - a foil. That is why I found him so hard to write as a character. I soon came to appreciate how much more he is!
As far as the test goes, my thought was that Al helped him do it and used his own experiences, enjoying messing with Sam's head. I can picture Al streaking through the convent orphanage, scandalizing the nuns!

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote