HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE

McDuck

GizmoDuck for PQL Security
Staff member
Jun 4, 2004
Duckburg
Only 16 more days til it's released. I, of course, pre-ordered mine AGES ago from Barnes & Noble. Just found out that yes, they are having the midnight release parties again. My best friend and I took her daughter last time to two of the parties---one at Books-A-Million and one at Barnes and Noble--and my cousin and her kids met us at the Books-A-Million one. All the kids got on TV as one of the local news guys was doing a remote there. They were all crowded around him while he did the weather and talked about the book....my little cousin actually piped up when the newsman hesitated while trying to think of the title and helpfully said "Order of the Phoenix". :lol

So....us insane chicks are going to the book release party again this year, of course!!!

Anyone else counting down to HALF-BLOOD PRINCE....and anyone else nuts like us and attending a bookstore party?

Hmmmm....might need to break out the Harry Potter scarf I knitted a couple years ago. In Louisiana...in July....eh, maybe not. <g>

My friend and I have split jobs; he's keeping count for HP, I'm keeping count for "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". Of course, since they both come out within a day of each other, it's rather easy to countdown to both.

We'll probably be at Barnes 'n' Noble next to our local AMC Theater for the HP midnight party. I won't be buying the book (I'm only buying paperbacks), but my other friend is going to let me borrow her HP book as soon as she finishes it. So, I'll be going silent for a few days after the book comes out so I can avoid any and all spoilers on the 'Net.

I'm also taking precautions and hiding in my bathroom when my friend brings her book over for me to read. I'll have my sister get the door and the book and let me know when my friend has left the vicinity. I don't want her yelling out any spoilers before I can read it. I know she really wouldn't do something like that, but we've been joking about this for quite some time now.

Actually, we were joking about how it'd be funny to get the book, pretend to read the last page, then yell out "Guess what Harry does?!" Everyone will protest, and then we'll yell out....... "He.... brushes his *teeth*!" or something silly like that... LOL

I can't wait to read HPB! At least I'll have multiple viewings of CatCF to keep me busy until I can read it.

Joy

I'm waiting

I'm waiting, not really counting down the days though.

Perhaps someone could count the days on this forum for me so I don't forget.

I wonder if Harry will be able to play Quiddich again? He did receive a lifetime ban, but since Umbridge is gone now hopefully it'll be lifted.

Re: I'm waiting

:lol I only knew it was 16 b/c I hopped on to bn.com to check when it was going to be shipped and they had a big banner proclaiming it. <g>

Re: I'm waiting

I'm very excited about the new HP book too!

My best friend and I have made tradition of going to the midnight releases since book four, and have been very careful to keep reading on the same page so our gasps, smiles, etc. don't betray something that may come a page ahead...much to the amusement of our respective families.

This year, unfortunately, we can't make the release, so my friend is preordering it for me...hopeflly she won't sneak and read it first!

Yeah....wasn't it phenomenal? She blew my mind in Chapter Two....and by the end.....I've never cried so hard at any of her books....not even ORDER OF THE PHOENIX...

I wish we had spoiler tags....I don't want to ruin it for any who haven't read yet. <g>

I'm "re-reading" it courtesy of the audiobooks, read by Jim Dale. He's as amazing as the world J K Rowling has created.

wow

I really enjoyed it too.I have to say that Order of the Pheniox is still my favorite, followed by Goblet of Fire. but this ranks a close third. I do have some ideas as to where the 7th book could go, but like you said, I couldn't mention anything without writing some pretty big spoilers in the thread

McDuck said:
I wish we had spoiler tags....I don't want to ruin it for any who haven't read yet.
We now have
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Spoiler
tags!

Use {spoiler} {/spoiler} but change the { and } to [ and ].
NOTE: Do not subscribe to messages from this thread or you will be able to see spoilers in your e-mails

Yay!!!

Warning---I am discussing the character who died....so highlight and read at your own risk!

Okay....so I was just absolutely heartbroken when Dumbledore died!! I didn't cry that hard when Sirius died, and I just adored him! What does this mean for Snape? I have to admit, I thought Draco and Snape were plotting to kill Harry, but I suppose Voldemort would want to save that for himself. Still.....I was :hair when Snape pointed his wand and performed the avada kevadra!

[ spoiler] blah blah blah [ /spoiler]

take out the spaces that I have between the brackets and you get this:

blah blah blah

Thanks Jennie

I have to say, I kin d of expected Dumbledore to not be physically present for so,e reason or other. After all, Harry has to go up against Voldamort alone. But don't forget, Dumbldore's portrait appeared in his office at the end. And as we have seen with the other portraits, they can talk and give their opinions. So I really don't think that we have seen the last of Dumbldore.

Last edited:
Re

BatStarter.gif

The Rod tried to read the 1st one, but just didnt like it. Mind you, its not His usual style of reading.

However, He did enjoy the films...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/hotrodbaby/BatStarter.gif

I enjoyed the films, but they just don't do the books justice. I came out of the first one initially feeling a bit disappointed because some of my favorite moments didn't make the cut. <g>

I can't decide if PRISONER OF AZKABAN is still my favorite book or if HALF-BLOOD PRINCE may take that distinction, though. ;)

I finally got to finish the book last night...had to wait for my brother to finish it, and then my mom made me finish my assigned reading from school.

Dumbledore drying was no surprise, I kind of saw it coming, but I always thought Snape would prove himself. There's the slight possibility that he was under Imperius, but I'm doubting it. I just always thought he would prove himself in the end.

And yet.....there's that Unbreakable Vow...... So...was Snape hating Dumbledore....or himself???

Article on Jim Dale (HP Audiobook Reader)

http://www.detnews.com/2005/books/0507/26/hp-249700.htm

Thought you guys might enjoy this article on the extremely talented Jim Dale who reads/performs the Harry Potter audiobooks, and who has created over 200 unique voices for Rowling's many characters (over the course of reading all six books). He's in the Guinness Book of World Records for his recording of HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, in which he used 134 different voices.

I was surpirsed to, but I think;
The potion killed Dumbledore anyway, he couldn't survive. Snape just playing his part. Dumbledore needed to ensure Snape would not be killed and could thus priotect Draco

Last edited by a moderator: