Quantum Leap Drinking Game

ris768

Project QL Intern
Sep 6, 2006
Sydney, Australia
So in my "research" (or "obsession" as my niece calls it) on Quantum Leap, I have discovered the Quantum Leap Drinking Game. I will never be able to play this game here in Sydney as no one I know would be keen to sit and watch QL episodes even if alcohol was involved.

My question to the committee is: How come this is not on the program?

How cool would it be, say on Thursday or Monday, to sit around watching episodes of Quantum Leap and playing the drinking game. It doesn't have to be alcohol.

Would it be possible to screen episodes of QL on a big screen at the hotel?

Who's in? I think this needs to be a poll.

OK, tell me a bit more about how this game is played and be warned.... I can drink A LOT!!! Just ask Hayden (Lightening Mcqueenie) who is often at the receiving end of drunken rambling text messages. However, have toned down recently in fact stopped altogether in order to lose those last stubborn 10 kilo's for leap back. Doesn't mean I won't be happy to join in AT leapback!!

OK it sounds like Bex and I are hosting the drinking game in our room if the committee are unable organise a big screen.

I have seasons 4 and 5 in the US DVD format that I can bring, I couldn't wait for the Australian release date of the box sets.

I'll bring the tequila.

ris768 said:
OK it sounds like Bex and I are hosting the drinking game in our room if the committee are unable organise a big screen.

I have seasons 4 and 5 in the US DVD format that I can bring, I couldn't wait for the Australian release date of the box sets.

I'll bring the tequila.

Seasons 4 and 5 have been available in Australia for months... I've got them. Go out and get your copy!!!

I think this is an activity more suited to room parties than a scheduled convention activity.

I don't want to have to herd around a bunch of drunken Leapers, I've done that before and I'm in no hurry to repeat the experience! :)

We're currently waiting to hear back from Universal about screening episodes.

EmmaCMF said:
I think this is an activity more suited to room parties than a scheduled convention activity

HA!!!! Party Pooper!! Does this mean you are not going to join us???

I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to be rounding up a herd of drunken leapers. :help

I don't drink booze, but if I can replace the grog with chocolate, I'm there!

Last time I had to herd a crowd of Leapin' Lushes, they were standing on table tops dancing to 'Surfin' USA', and the hotel staff came in and told us to calm things down a bit as they were getting complaints about the noise. So then the Leapers moved on to the full routine for 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. It was rather amusing to watch. Then 'Oops Upside Your Head' came on, followed by that party classic 'Superman!', and then 'Agga Do Do Do', and there was no chance that we were ever going to get them under control ever again. Once you start pushing pineapples and shaking trees, you know that most of the room has more alcohol than blood in their veins.

Of course, this was a British convention - people tend to be a bit better behaved at American cons!

Did i hear drink and Q leap in the same sentence....... stuff the rules count me in!!:moon

Hmm Maybe thats cause im English. I thought this went on everywhere.

EmmaCMF said:

Last time I had to herd a crowd of Leapin' Lushes, they were standing on table tops dancing to 'Surfin' USA', and the hotel staff came in and told us to calm things down a bit as they were getting complaints about the noise. So then the Leapers moved on to the full routine for 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. It was rather amusing to watch. Then 'Oops Upside Your Head' came on, followed by that party classic 'Superman!', and then 'Agga Do Do Do', and there was no chance that we were ever going to get them under control ever again. Once you start pushing pineapples and shaking trees, you know that most of the room has more alcohol than blood in their veins.

Of course, this was a British convention - people tend to be a bit better behaved at American cons!

lol thats the uk for you :)

i'm not much of a drinker either

Lightning McQueenie said:
Seasons 4 and 5 have been available in Australia for months... I've got them. Go out and get your copy!!!

I bought my copies when the US released season 5 which was around the time season 3 became available to us.

But tell me does the Aussie copies of 4 & 5 have hologram type covers and did they put the episodes on both sides of the DVD? I ask because I haven't seen them in the stores, I check all the time in JB Hi-Fi, I bought the first 3 seasons through them, I figured they should have the last two.

Anyway back to the thread topic - sounds like the Brits and the Aussies are going to have a good time. Although I do like the chocolate option.

EmmaCMF said:
Now I like that idea to, perhaps I can watch one ep with sambooka and one with chocolate!!, might stop me passing out too quick (I'm actually planning on mixing the sambooka with something and sipping small sips to be responsible, just in case you guys were thinking I'm just a total lush)

EmmaCMF said:

Are you kidding????? Are you expecting people to be better behaved with a bunch of braussies there? Are you insane? And lets forget about who's bringing the vegemite, WHO'S BRINGING AGGA DO DO DO on CD for us to push pineapples and shake tress too.

ris768 said:
I bought my copies when the US released season 5 which was around the time season 3 became available to us.

But tell me does the Aussie copies of 4 & 5 have hologram type covers and did they put the episodes on both sides of the DVD? I ask because I haven't seen them in the stores, I check all the time in JB Hi-Fi, I bought the first 3 seasons through them, I figured they should have the last two.

Anyway back to the thread topic - sounds like the Brits and the Aussies are going to have a good time. Although I do like the chocolate option.

Season 4
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/788800

Season 5
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/789632

Ummmm they've each got 6 single-sided DVDs. You can judge whether the covers are holographic.

On another note... I don't have any objection to playing this game in the hotel rooms :)

ris768 said:
So in my "research" (or "obsession" as my niece calls it) on Quantum Leap, I have discovered the Quantum Leap Drinking Game. I will never be able to play this game here in Sydney as no one I know would be keen to sit and watch QL episodes even if alcohol was involved.

My question to the committee is: How come this is not on the program?

How cool would it be, say on Thursday or Monday, to sit around watching episodes of Quantum Leap and playing the drinking game. It doesn't have to be alcohol.

Would it be possible to screen episodes of QL on a big screen at the hotel?

Who's in? I think this needs to be a poll.

Oh YESit DOES need to be alcohol - we're there!

Bexter said:
OK, tell me a bit more about how this game is played and be warned.... I can drink A LOT!!! Just ask Hayden (Lightening Mcqueenie) who is often at the receiving end of drunken rambling text messages. However, have toned down recently in fact stopped altogether in order to lose those last stubborn 10 kilo's for leap back. Doesn't mean I won't be happy to join in AT leapback!!

Ah but can you drink as much as me?
What's 10k in English? I've lost 8stone
Not that I'm competitive in anyway ;-)

EmmaCMF said:

Yeah, they're no fun - I remember (just) that con - those 'kick in the butts' were awsome - you know you'd best go to your room & sober up (cept it becomes a problem whenyou realise you don't have full control of your legs) when a bloke comes in dressed as marilyn monroe! You just don't get t hat happening at American cons - although they did have some pretty impressive cocktails at the Florida con