Need some help with a detail

Al The Observer

Project QL Intern
Feb 1, 2006
ALabama
If Sam leaps into someone, and then gets hurt, can others around him see the wound? My guess is probably yes.

If Sam then leaps into someone else (who was previously unhurt), can others around him see the wound, or would it stay with the previous Leapee? I have no guess here, as I don't know. That's why I'm asking for your help so I can finish my story.

Thank you!

There are different theories on this I know.

Certainly if the leapee was hurt before Sam got there, we know he doesn't show the injuries, because he didn't have Katie's bruises in 'Raped'.

If he is hurt on a leap, then to all intents and purposes, those around him see the leapee as being hurt - reference his injured leg in "Piano Man".

When he leaps out, having been hurt, he doesn't seem to take the injury with him - he had no gunshot wound in the leap after Piano Man. The common explanation from Sam's POV is that in the limbo between leaps he is healed by GFTW.
As to whether the leapee 'picks up' the injury on their return -
there is no evidence either way. I've experimented in my writing with both theories.
One scenario could be "It's a miracle! No sign of the injury/illness remains. Medical science has no explanation - did they receive a 'laying on of hands' or whatever.
Alternatively, the leapee could return to find themselves suffering whatever symptoms Sam incurred. I believe my quote in that one was 'talk about a shock to the system!'
Can you imagine, one minute you are in this strange room feeling fine, next you are nursing a gunshot wound, or have been beaten black and blue, or whatever the situation Sam encountered. You have no recollection how you sustained the injury. :blackeye
Easier for this to be explained away, as I put in my story - psychotherapists tell you that you have blocked the incident from your mind as it was too traumatic to deal with!

So bottom line imho - Deal with it whichever way you want, just make it feel real!

Sorry if this is no help whatsoever!

Actually, that is a big help, as I was trying to figure out how to make the injury carry over to the next Leap. Now I don't have to worry about it!