Possible QL movie by Deborah Pratt - she needs YOUR opinion!

Sam Beckett Fan said:
I agree with your opinions on Donna, Terri Hatcher is the best but a new actress could pull off the role just as well

Speaking of Donna...Here is an actress i think can replace Teri,if Teri won't be available("Desperate housewives",you know...) or Teri won't have interest in coming back for the role...Sela Ward -
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000688/

BTW here's a question - I read a lot of replies about Deborah Pratt regrets of ever bringing Donna back to QL,if it's true...Do you really believe there's a chance that Donna exist in DP script we're talking about here?!

Sam Beckett Fan said:
And Snish so what if Susan Doil would look impossible young, some people are just like that. my aunt is going to be 50 this month yet if you saw her there is no way in hell you would guess that. She looks to be more in her thirties. So maybe Beth is one of those people who does not look her age. Sorry not trying to bash you I would never do that to anyone on purpose, just saying that there is no better actress than the original, these other suggestions to me are just aternate ideas for the case of Susan Doil not being able to return or not desiring it.

Don't worry, I didn't think you were bashing me just because you have a different opinion. I just happen to like Sally Field. I have since her Flying Nun days. (And that was a *long* time ago!) She's also worked with Dean Stockwell before, and they worked together very well, I thought. I would like to see an actress who looks age-appropriate next to Dean Stockwell in the role. Beth isn't a trophy wife. She and Al married when they were both young. So if they bring back Susan Diol, I hope they put a little gray in her hair.

Snish said:
Don't worry, I didn't think you were bashing me just because you have a different opinion. I just happen to like Sally Field. I have since her Flying Nun days. (And that was a *long* time ago!) She's also worked with Dean Stockwell before, and they worked together very well, I thought. I would like to see an actress who looks age-appropriate next to Dean Stockwell in the role. Beth isn't a trophy wife. She and Al married when they were both young. So if they bring back Susan Diol, I hope they put a little gray in her hair.
Oh I love her too, she is a great actoress but just because a person is a great actor/actress does not make them right for every role in the world. That's all I was meaning, I said the same thing about the suggestion of Jennifer Garner as Sammy Jo.

Deborah, Congrats on your proposal.
I'd suggest B-film star Diane Kruger for the role.
She may be pricy but her feet rule!
Hot feet= Ratings.
Think about it.
Thanks
Cullen

My suggestions would be Jennifer Garner and Renee Zellweger. Not sure if that is how her name is spelled but I can see her as sammy jo grown up.

alsplacebartender said:
Deborah is still at it with Universal. Don't have any new news on this just yet.

She should attempt to buy the rights from them, not work with them. It's tragic that they own the franchise in the first place. :hmm

Keegan Tracy

I immediately thought of Keegan Connor Tracy, whom I first discovered on another show that was too good to go so soon, Jake 2.O.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0870535/

She's a wonderful actress, showed a lot of range in a short time on Jake, and has languages and martial arts training. I am assuming the story would have her taking the place of Sam, maybe so he can have a life, or she just wants to, and therefore she would need skills like his - or maybe there are lots of leapers ? Whatever. I like that, unlike some other suggested actors, she has delicate features like Melora does, rather than an angular face - although Melora, sadly, looks more bony now than she did then, her bone structure isn't as heavy and sharp as many. Keegan has dark wavy hair like Melora did in QL, and a certain open, emotional quality that both TV "parents" share - I think that's partly acting, but also to do with looks and personality.

She certainly showed emotion of all kinds on Jake 2.0. It was interesting how she was portrayed first as smart and shy (like Sam), kinda soft, but later we see her angry and even taking charge, believably. Sigh. Good writing, and women who are people. Instead now we have "Chuck", with an unappealing geek guy and all the females as bimbos - sorry, drifting there.

She's a little short, but they can work around that. Genetically speaking, it's not as improbable as some might think; Melora's not that tall, and on a personal note, my sister and I are both much shorter (5-7") than either of our parents, and my other sister is taller than both.

Timebunny said:
I immediately thought of Keegan Connor Tracy, whom I first discovered on another show that was too good to go so soon, Jake 2.O.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0870535/

She's a wonderful actress, showed a lot of range in a short time on Jake, and has languages and martial arts training. I am assuming the story would have her taking the place of Sam, maybe so he can have a life, or she just wants to, and therefore she would need skills like his - or maybe there are lots of leapers ? Whatever. I like that, unlike some other suggested actors, she has delicate features like Melora does, rather than an angular face - although Melora, sadly, looks more bony now than she did then, her bone structure isn't as heavy and sharp as many. Keegan has dark wavy hair like Melora did in QL, and a certain open, emotional quality that both TV "parents" share - I think that's partly acting, but also to do with looks and personality.

She certainly showed emotion of all kinds on Jake 2.0. It was interesting how she was portrayed first as smart and shy (like Sam), kinda soft, but later we see her angry and even taking charge, believably. Sigh. Good writing, and women who are people. Instead now we have "Chuck", with an unappealing geek guy and all the females as bimbos - sorry, drifting there.

She's a little short, but they can work around that. Genetically speaking, it's not as improbable as some might think; Melora's not that tall, and on a personal note, my sister and I are both much shorter (5-7") than either of our parents, and my other sister is taller than both.

Wow she totally looks the part, she looks exactly like an adult Kimberly(the youn girl who played the 11 year old Sammy Jo)

If Deborah Pratt is using the script that I have heard about Sammie Jo, I unfortunately have found many flaws in her script. Mainly with the story plot. If she goes through with it, she will be losing this fan forever. I myself have been kicking around a story plot for a QL movie that works alot better. So if you truly do pass these on to Deborah.....tell her if she wants me to explain the flaws in her story line better......leave me a message and I would be glad to go over these flaws.

joshua_stn1974 said:
I myself have been kicking around a story plot for a QL movie that works alot better. So if you truly do pass these on to Deborah.....tell her if she wants me to explain the flaws in her story line better......leave me a message and I would be glad to go over these flaws.

And what makes you say your story plot " works alot better"?! Because you wrote it?!

Anyway,No matter the flaws at the moment,what's matter is - that this TV movie will happend ["with god help" (or time or fate or whatever... ;) ).] and give the fan some closures after 15 years.

isz said:
what's matter is - that this TV movie will happen and give the fan some closures after 15 years.

It's now being proposed as a feature film to be released in theaters. As soon as I get details on a possible letter writing campaign, I'll post something here. Deborah wants Jennifer Garner to play Sammy Jo last we spoke.

Feature film?! I think A TV movie could be better,or maybe some kind of a mini-series. But ahh- as long as the fan will get some kind of a closure ,i'm sure it won't matter to them.
Anyway,for a Feature film i can understand why she wants Jennifer Garner for the part of Sammy-Jo.

alsplacebartender said:
Deborah wants Jennifer Garner to play Sammy Jo last we spoke.

Jennifer is a much better choice than her original suggestion of Julia Roberts.

Fingers crossed that this doesn't disappear into the Twilight Zone.

We'll be watching this space with interest (plus interest, if you get me! ;) :p )

I was watching The Hunchback Of Notre Dame with my BFF last night as I had her over for the night and we watched the extras where they talked to some of the voice actors I was noticing that Demi Moore who provides the voice for Esmeralda has a resemblance to Beth. I know that there has been a lot of years between then and now but she still looks very good and now she even looks like a decent candidate for Donna even. I think she would be very good for one of the two roles of QLs wonderful wives.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000193/

I still want Kimberly Cullum...they could make her look any way they want to :)

The Sammy-Jo Deborah is looking for,from what i understood, suppose to be in her 30's so...I think Summer Glau is too young and so is Jewel Staite.

Sherlock's Sparrow said:
For Sammy Jo, I was thinking maybe Summer Glau, she's like 26 or something, would that be too young? Or maybe Jewel Staite, but she's younger than Summer.

Yes that would be too young, Sammy Jo I think is supposed to be around Sam's age when he first leaped, or at least late 30's.

I've just read this entire thread: how exciting!! I think Jen Garner would be a great choice. I also thought Kate Hewlett was a great suggestion. I'll toss in a suggestion of my own, just in case JG is not available: Nicole de Boer. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0207498/ She's just turned 37, so she's the right age. Gosh, I would like to see this project (pardon the pun ;-)) succeed!!

Just read the article where Scott mentions the leap back convention. In it he states that he is ready to get back to a television series. Wouldn't it be awesome if that new series will be a new Quantum Leap. With all kinds of past shows getting remade or updated ie; Knight Rider, Bionic woman etc... I strongly believe that Quantum Leap will definatley be back on the small screen. Here is keeping my fingers crossed.

colter said:
Just read the article where Scott mentions the leap back convention. In it he states that he is ready to get back to a television series. Wouldn't it be awesome if that new series will be a new Quantum Leap. With all kinds of past shows getting remade or updated ie; Knight Rider, Bionic woman etc... I strongly believe that Quantum Leap will definatley be back on the small screen. Here is keeping my fingers crossed.

I have no doubt that Quantum Leap will be resumed in some format.The feature film sounds exciting...if it went ahead and was successful then a new series could follow...the interest as shown by the website is still very strong..Only today I sent Universal an email asking about Quantum Leap and its possible return in some format..I await a response from them and will of course post here if I hear anyhing..The time is right for this series to return, the fans are there, Scott Bakula is clearly available..its now up to Universal or others to take up the challenge..I believe it will happen soon.:rolleyes