The SBF Screen Cap Collection

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
Since recently I have noticed how scarce a decent screen capture of this great show is I decided that in addition to StrayStar's beautiful collection I'd add my own. To bring the count up to two great collections.
Special thanks to Ladystoneheart for suggesting KMPlayer, the only DVD software my Acer, Lothos has accepted and with which most of these caps have been taken. It's still not as excellent as my old reliable Intervideo WinDVD5 but it's a lot easier and faster than what I was forced to do before which was the 'print screen' way. :p

http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/SamBeckettFan/library/Quantum Leap?sort=3&page=1

So far I have only completed two episodes:
Shock Theater
Leaping In Without A Net

But have more for episodes to which I must add and shall begin albums for other episodes.

EDIT:
Apologies I am such an idiot, I was so tired last night finishing the last 20 minutes or so of Leaping In Without A Net I actually had this thread up for at least six hours without the damn link! That's me on a Thursday (or Tuesday) night for yah, rising at 6:30am is tough on me. XD

Please, requests are more than welcome. I'll fill all I can including the episodes I don't particularly like to watch.

Last edited:
This is just wonderful! Shock Theater is one of my favourite episode.So much love for the episode.

I personally love to see caps from MIA or Rebel Without Clue.Or any episodes from season 3 :)

Those are very nice. I am simply going to have to set aside some time to sit down and learn how to do that. :) I would love to see some of The Leap Home and Piano Man. Anything where Scott is running around without his shirt would also be appreciated. :roflmao:;)

M.I.A is in progress but KMP is being a butthead once again. Like anything else I put on this Acer laptop it only behaves when it wants to. :realmad
Not to worry though I shall get passed the issue.

Next will be:
Rebel Without a Clue
The Leap Home
Piano Man
and because I as well Michelle appreciate some shirtless Scott:
The Wrong Stuff ;)

Rebel Without a Clue is up.
I got through it flawlessly.
Apologies, I could not figure out the problem with M.I.A. A little under ten minutes in it freezes and the program stops responding. I tried literally everything I could think of except switching computers which I plan to attempt. Not to worry I will find a way.

Interestingly while taking the captures for Rebel Without a Clue I was noticing the quote on the front of the card that Sam and Becky read when they discover all the gifts diner owner Ernie was keeping for his son.

"As gold more splendid from the fire appears
Thus friendship brightens by the length of years."

- Thomas Carlyle

A perfect quote for Sam and Al. :D The card is among my captures.

Last edited:
I thought there might be others here who appreciate a shirtless Scott. :roflmao:The Wrong Stuff is one of the best ones too. :D Computers can be very annoying sometimes, I'm sorry you're having trouble. Thank you for doing this, and hope your computer starts behaving.

The Leap Home episodes are a couple of the best and among my favorite episodes. You really get some insight into Sam's background and the pain he feels over his family here...And Al too.

The scenes in the cornfield and then when he's leaping out at the end yelling for Tom still get to me.

It certainly is a powerful couple of episodes; the scene where he yells at GTF that's he's done and Al tells him just how blessed he is to have this leap even if he can't save his loved ones...just wow. And Scott did an amazing job of doubling as John Beckett.
That leap out and into Vietnam, one of the more clear pieces of evidence that Sam is through his heart somewhat is steering his leaps.

I'll be doing the second part tonight.

Last edited:
Apologies folks, once again I am having technical difficulties and was unable to do The Leap Home Part 2 last night. I did a few overdue scans and got rid of a crap load of spyware. Hopefully that will help. I'll know soon.

Alright folks, Ladystoneheart, I apologize.
I've been experimenting with M.I.A and it turns out my disc is actually damaged.
Via KMPlayer on a different computer, other DVD software and even on the television DVD player the same freezing issues occur.
*sigh* Damnit!
Does anyone by chance know if it's possible to purchase a single disc in a box set separate?

And if anyone can find me a torrent I'd be happy to use one to complete the episode captures. In the meantime I will put up the few I managed to get.

Last edited:
Appreciated Ladystoneheart.
The first 9 1/2 minutes or so of MIA are up, managed to get a few nice shots of Scott undressing from the hooker outfit. ;) Will finish it when possible.

MIA complete.
Thanks to Ladystoneheart for the torrent.
It however skipped in places and rewinding back changed nothing, each of those several minutes seem to be missing. One of these moments was when Sam held Beth when she let go about her patient. I will be making this up when I get a new DVD.

My apologies for the gap between updates. There was a slight virus issue with Lothos but not to worry, everything is fine.

The Leap Home pt. II: Vietnam is up.

Temptation Eyes is now up. Has been up since yesterday, forgot to mention it haha. XD
And though I usually watch my bootleg for the original song with the montage scenes the picture quality is poor. So for the sake of my fellow fans I muted the horrible sound alike music of the official DVD for best quality captures (though I there are a few from the bootleg because they are old, taken on my good old Intervideo WinDVD5).

Folks my apologies for the long wait period, but the Holidays are my busiest time of year and now I have begun a new class schedule. I now have two classes and one has already begun us brainstorming and doing practice exercises for the first project (and the teacher is so strict that I'm actually kinda nervous).

Nonetheless I will when I can continue with my screen caps.
Coming up will be Song for the Soul and then an ep from Season 1 I have not made up my mind which yet.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerest Apologies for seeming to neglect my work here. It's been quite a busy year for me thus far. First January - April you could almost never catch me NOT working on some project during a tough winter quarter and I've then been packing for my recent move.
I've also just experienced a problem with the flash drive where I had been saving my screen captures. I made the mistake of not switching the drive after like a year or so and the three year old thing crapped out. My files were corrupted; I couldn't open, move or delete them. They were reading as not there at all. My mom's boyfriend managed to recover a small fraction of what was there but nothing QL related. I don't know what he did to the original disc but I would be quite disappointed if I can't get my QL fanfiction off it. I don't quite remember my wording and it'd had taken me some time to become happy with it even though it was only a few paragraphs. No worries this won't effect my screencapping, I'll just save them to the Acer's hard drive instead.

Anyway I'd actually intended to hop on the Acer and get some eppys done right now but it turns out the Acer that's here which is identical to mine appears to be my mom's BF's (I thought the keyboard looked way too clean, like practically brand new clean hehe). My Acer must still be at the apartment we're moving out of.

Sorry I don't know how long it will take me to get my Acer here but I have not neglected my screencap collection, the minute I get the Acer here I'm resuming it.

A Song for the Soul is now up.
A few days ago I went ahead and picked up the Acer from the apartment on the way home from school. Not as easy a task as I'd thought it would be, but honestly I'm beginning to think that had I left it up to my mom it wouldn't have made it to the new house at all. She doesn't like to see me use it now that I have the Macbook, which is why it took me two days to finish this episode.

More to come soon and I've almost reached the end of spring quarter with none of my required classes offered in summer so there's a good chance I will have all of summer free to do screen capturing.

I've begun capping Another Mother, inspired by Lightning McQueenie.
Don't know how long it will take because we've just brought a new dog into the family and he's untrained.
His name is Sam. ;)

Also the torrent of this episode has skipping issues so I might miss some moments. My Apologies.

Last edited:
Another Mother and The Color of Truth are now up.
My apologies for the long wait and for the Another Mother collection being somewhat lacking, the torrent for this episode skipped in several areas.