anybody got season 5 yet?

ian2k6

Project QL Intern
Mar 29, 2006
has anybody got this dvd yet? i thought it might be available a day early in some shops. if so has 'georgia' been replaced?

It's out on Region 1 Tommorow in the good - ol' US of A so you'll probably find out then.

I sure hope it hasn't been replaced, or that Universal Playback will have the decency to realise that the same song they used on the Season 2, R2 sets doesn't have to be replaced on it's Australlia and Europe debut's.

Unfortunately, no one around here decided to put it up for sale a day early. *sigh* But tomorrow morning, I will have season five! So, if you don't hear from me for awhile, it's because I've planted myself in front of my TV with a lot of junk food and soda, and I'm not stirring until I watch it through to the end!

Or at least the first disk, anyway. :)

Me!

Picked mine up today. I couldn't find my coupon but a friend had given me season one for my birthday (late and I already had it). I didn't open the box and Best Buy took it in trade. Meant I only had to pay $6.44 for it. Pretty good deal!

It's so good to watch these again!!!!!!!!:hurray:

Picked up my copy tonight. Started watching "Leaping Of the Shrew" and unfortunately discovered the dreaded "unable to read disc" on a small portion of the episode. I've had that problem on other Universal sets with double-sided discs before, so I'm not all that surprised.

I checked out a bunch of other episodes already and they all played fine. It's good to hear the "rock" version of the theme again too, despite the fact that I'm one of the few people here that like it better than the original God-awful theme!

As for the music, I watched "Nowhere To Run" and it seemed to have its music intact, although I can't tell if a song has been omitted in the very beginning of the episode as there's generic music in the background. Picture quality looks good, though I found "Killin' Time" to be a little on the dark side. No big deal, though. When I got back I realized I had the Season 5 coupon saved back from when I bought Season 4. I always forget to use those things every time!

My local Best Buy had none in stock either. Fortunately Circuit City is directly across the street and although they almost never have the shows/movies I'm looking for, to my surprise there was a single copy of Season 5 on the shelf. It felt like I got the first and only one in the store. Unfortunately I don't think the lack of sets are because of good sales; in fact, I think it's the opposite, especially since past music replacements have no doubt had some impact on sales. There also may not have been many copies shipped to retailers just yet.

RossBeckett said:
As for me, there's always amazon or the Al's Place contest. :\

~Steve

Well maybe. I still haven't received the sets yet from Universal. If I don't get them tomorrow I'll just go out and buy a set so that I can finally get all the images and info on the site. When they arrive I'll do the drawing. Sorry everyone!