QL Season 4 (R1) Who's actually getting it?

McDuck

GizmoDuck for PQL Security
Staff member
Jun 4, 2004
Duckburg
Just wondering--who's actually going to buy Region 1 Season 4?

I'm debating about doing what I did with 3 and buying it off of eBay so at least UNIVERSAL doesn't get *my* money. :lol

It's a technicality, but I'm going with it.

I'm planning on it, but with a plan tho. I'm gonna get the R1 for the seasons as i save up for a regions free player which i will prolly use in college and then buy the R2 then sell my R1s.

27 days to go!

Samantha Beckett

I'm going to wait 'til enough members end up buying it, then I'm going to say I plan on getting it and not do anything about it, and then my girlfriend is probably going to end up buying it for me anyway, as a gift. (Seems to be the pattern each time.) :lol

I've already ordered it. To me, the music issue is really a non-issue so the R1 set is more than fine for me. I see no reason to go through the extra expense that would be necessry to get the R2 sets. I watch QL for the story lines and, frankly, could care less about the music for the most part.

I'm going to, since I don't currently have the money for a region-free DVD player or the importation of R2 DVDs. But if they cut "I Want to Know What Love Is" from Temptation Eyes, I am seriously going to Best Buy and picking up a CD with that song so I can play it whenever I watch TE...

LadyKayoss said:
I'm going to, since I don't currently have the money for a region-free DVD player or the importation of R2 DVDs. But if they cut "I Want to Know What Love Is" from Temptation Eyes, I am seriously going to Best Buy and picking up a CD with that song so I can play it whenever I watch TE...

Good idea! :D The music issue isn't a big thing with me either. I don't remember what song goes with what episode, there are some I had never seen prior to seeing them on DVD so I didn't notice. There are a few exceptions, "Georgia on my Mind" from MIA, and "I Want to Know What Love Is" from Temptation Eyes...there will be tons of socks thrown at my TV is they screw with Temptation Eyes, lol

Samantha Beckett

Samantha Beckett said:
Good idea! :D The music issue isn't a big thing with me either. I don't remember what song goes with what episode, there are some I had never seen prior to seeing them on DVD so I didn't notice. There are a few exceptions, "Georgia on my Mind" from MIA, and "I Want to Know What Love Is" from Temptation Eyes...there will be tons of socks thrown at my TV is they screw with Temptation Eyes, lol

Samantha Beckett

haha allow me to bring my many mismatched socks and join you if it be needed lol.
and also i believe that season five has some significant music such as the song the woman in teh bar sings in "Nowhere to Run". or so my best friend and i think, so hopfully they will leave it too, when the time comes anyway.

My brother has been sending them to me as gifts. I don't have the heart to tell him that I am thinking of putting them on eBay and getting the R2 ones.

Uh! You guys are so lucky! Right now I wish I lived in america, or had a R1 DVD player and a way of getting my hands on the R1 DVD set!

Hearing you talk about getting Season 4 in just 27 days, is making me pull my hair out! I have to wait till June! June I tell you!
But paitience is a virtue, just one I haven't got at the moment! lol.

I think it's kinda wrong that you guys get all the good stuff before us. I think all release dates should be the same, regardless of what country you live in!

Well I will have to bite my lip and just wait, and hopefully it'll be all the more worth it when it's finally in my clutches. :)

Take care for now guys. xxx

Emz said:
Uh! You guys are so lucky! Right now I wish I lived in america, or had a R1 DVD player and a way of getting my hands on the R1 DVD set!

Hearing you talk about getting Season 4 in just 27 days, is making me pull my hair out! I have to wait till June! June I tell you!

I think it's kinda wrong that you guys get all the good stuff before us. I think all release dates should be the same, regardless of what country you live in!

Well I will have to bite my lip and just wait, and hopefully it'll be all the more worth it when it's finally in my clutches. :)

Take care for now guys. xxx

don't worry you are not alone, i have trouble with pacience as well. the first date for season four's release was initally, december 13 05, but then when i found out it was pushed back to March 28, 06, i nearly pulled my hair out too. hehe. but now it's soooo close i can't believe it.:sing

alsplacebartender said:
I'm also running a DVD giveaway contest (provided Universal gets back to me soon), so some of you may get a chance to win a free copy (or three) :)

Sweet, Brian!! That's awesome, give us details when u get them! :D

Emz said:
You guys are so lucky! Right now I wish I lived in america, or had a R1 DVD player and a way of getting my hands on the R1 DVD set!

Well, we may get it before you, but our music is screwed up. You wait a few months later, but you get a DVD with all the original music. I'd wait a few more months for the music.

Samantha Beckett

I have ordered mine

McDuck said:
Just wondering--who's actually going to buy Region 1 Season 4?

I'm debating about doing what I did with 3 and buying it off of eBay so at least UNIVERSAL doesn't get *my* money. :lol

It's a

technicality, but I'm going with it.

I'm ready for the fourth one. I ordered it ahead of time. I haven't watched any episodes since 2004 and have seasons 3 and four waiting for me.

I know I'm not getting season 4... There are many factors, one of which is that I have NO loose money right now, and the other is that the music is definately an issue for me...

But all of you, feel free to get it. I might participate in the giveaway, so maybe I'll win one... Who knows?

Clara

I guess I'll go ahead and order it now. I have two CDs on my Amazon list, and I can get free shipping on them if I spend $1.04 more. Then I can get free shipping on Season 4 when it is released, and one day, I'll have a surprise in my mailbox!

I'm getting the UK versions for Season 2 on. I've been hoping that Universal would pay attention to those of us that were screaming and yelling about the editing of the shows.

When I want the DVDs, I want them THE WAY THEY AIRED!
Sheesh, give me TIVO anyday!

Al The Observer said:
I guess I'll go ahead and order it now. I have two CDs on my Amazon list, and I can get free shipping on them if I spend $1.04 more. Then I can get free shipping on Season 4 when it is released, and one day, I'll have a surprise in my mailbox!

I'm glad I waited. It said I could get free shipping on the two CDs if I spent $3.08 more. I saved $2.04! Plus shipping! Now I'm waiting for my surprise.

Again people you don't have to buy a region free player... most set top DVD players can be hacked region free.