Possible QL movie by Deborah Pratt - she needs YOUR opinion!

You know - that would be a good name for the QL movie...

BRIGADOON... a Quantum Leap story...

Since it has ties with the actual act of leaping and that it is Sammy Jo's favourite book...

I wonder if Deborah Pratt could get permission to use it as the title???

Luckleaper said:
What about casting Catherine Bell? She played alongside David James Elliot in JAG, is familiar with Bellasario, and if I say so myself is a gorgeous talented actress. I think she would be a great pick, not sure if the age matches up, but I'd go after her for the possible role.

You know that's weird. I was picturing Catherine Bell as Sammy when I first read TVS premiere, "Double The Leap, Double The Danger".

Another good actress would be Kate Hewlett.;)
&
Amanda Peet

~Steve B

alsplacebartender said:
I don't have that info just yet. But you can bet that with Deborah behind it, it'll have the spirit of QL we have longed for all these years. I hope Universal gives her a green light!

In the spirit of being nosey Brian, I was wondering if you had any time frame to look for in terms of approval and other info. Is Deborah supposed to hear about the script within the next month, before the new year, etc.? And thanks for all the info so far.

Luckleaper

RossBeckett said:
Another good actress would be Kate Hewlett.;)
&
Amanda Peet

Oooo, yes yes yes! Kate Hewlett's da bomb! I could totally see her in the role (though they'd need to dye her hair).

And then you could give her brother David ;) a bit part somewhere (ooo, he'd be awesome as Gooshie's replacement; a goofy-but-smart head technician in the Leap control center).

Joy

Luckleaper said:
In the spirit of being nosey Brian, I was wondering if you had any time frame to look for in terms of approval and other info. Is Deborah supposed to hear about the script within the next month, before the new year, etc.? And thanks for all the info so far.

Luckleaper

Sorry, I don't know and I don't think Deborah does either at this point in time.

tina_als_girl said:
Oooo, yes yes yes! Kate Hewlett's da bomb! I could totally see her in the role (though they'd need to dye her hair).

And then you could give her brother David ;) a bit part somewhere (ooo, he'd be awesome as Gooshie's replacement; a goofy-but-smart head technician in the Leap control center).

Joy

I hope they keep Gooshie. Just becuase the wonderful Dennis Wolfberg(God rest his soul) is deceased does not mean that they should create another character to replace him. But David Hewlett would be a good candidate for the role.

~Steve B.

*IF* this was to become a TV series, then Kate hewlett could be in it as a regular but not her brother as a regular. He could, however, appear from time to time(again no pun). But from what I've seen, this is in fact a screenplay and not a teleplay. So they both could be in the movie even though the odds are very low given the fact that there are all of our suggestions PLUS Deborah's choices. :)

~Steve B.

P.S. Big thanks to Deborah!

tina_als_girl said:
I'd prefer them to create a new character than try to recast the role. I'm not a huge fan of recasting characters...

Joy
I am with you joy, I am not a fan of re-casting roles either especially in this case. Sorry Steve but in this case yes it does mean there has to be a new charactor. No one could pull off like role like Dennis. If Dennis is dead, Gooshi is dead.

Yeah, if this became a series, then yeah, David wouldn't be able to do it (of course, we don't know just how long Atlantis is going to last, with the way the ratings are doing and the way Sci-Fi treats its series) unless they make it a recurring role rather than lead, similar to how Gooshie's was in the original series.

Joy

Just purely for fun, I was thinking of John Billingsley. Yes, I agree they should not re-cast Gooshie, but I was looking at Billingsley's imdb photo and he looks somewhat like Dennis. Well sort of.

But then I got to thinking; what if David were to play Sammy Jo's half brother? Heh? ;) In Trilogy Part 3 we found out that Abigail married a great guy(which in TVS his name is Philip Mililani) but Al never mentioned anything about any children they might have had. AND, her half brother can be the head programmer. Or half sister, in which case David obviously can't have that role unless he reverts back to Shakespearean times. :lol

~Steve B.

Oh, I like your idea about the half-brother thing.

And, wow, I didn't even think about John Billingsley. Maybe if they used him they could have it that he's Gooshie's brother, but he reminds everyone of him so they just call him Gooshie.

Joy

In a QL movie,that taking place a few yeas after the series ended originally, i believe there won't be any Gooshi,as a respect for the memory of Denis Wolfberg.I believe there woulld be a new head programmer for Ziggy.
Anyway,in my opinion it s hould be Tina.There's no reason to come uo with a "Gooshie's brother","Sammy-Jo's half brother",or anyone else. :protest
Tina is ,already, in the project,and had a big part of it,and a big part of programming Ziggy. So why do you think they need to bring someone from the outside?!:disbelief

tina_als_girl said:
Oh, I like your idea about the half-brother thing.

And, wow, I didn't even think about John Billingsley. Maybe if they used him they could have it that he's Gooshie's brother, but he reminds everyone of him so they just call him Gooshie.

Joy
That sounds like it could work, but sorry I just looked this person up and I don't see the resemblence.

I was also thinking (and I mentioned this somewhere else a long time ago but this is a more appropriate thread than the original one I used.) that if they cast the role of Tina Kyra Sedgwick would be perfect, she looks so much like the original actoress that I actually at one time thought they were the same person.

Although I doubt there will be a need for Tina because the main purpose of her role was as Al's lover so with Beth she does not have much of a role. Unless they gave her the role the novels did as the second highest IQ at the progect.

I think,from the start,Tina was a part of the project,without any conection to Al.
In a high classification project like project QL It's hard for me to believe Tina got her job and classification,just because she's Al girlfriend(don't forget she was never merried to Al).
And beside, remember ALFL - after Al gone Tina was still at the project, only this time she was merried to Gooshie.

I didn't say she was not a part of the project or only was through Al, I am just saying she was never mentioned except in relation to Al. St. John even mentioned her being the Pulse Communication Technician. And yes her being married to Gooshi works since they had a couple flings as mentioned in How the Tess was Won and The Leap Back.

Willie Garson/Martin Lloyd: "The movie was cancelled."
Claudia Black/Vala: "Oh, that's too bad."
Willie Garson/ML: "Not for me. They decided to renew the series instead!"

Wouldn't it be really cool if NBC Universal tells Deborah to make a new series! :hurray: :cheers Here's to hoping that WILL happen.

Steve B.

Disclaimer: The dialogue above came from Stargate SG-1 episode, "200". Creative rights to the series belong to Glassner, Wright, and Cooper.

Back to the subject.
here is another nominee name for Sammy-Jo i just found...
Constance Zimmer,37(today,so happy birthday!) -
http://imdb.com/name/nm0956603/

And after i read her resume i realize she's another one of those actresses you see a lot,but don't really remember. Anyway i really like her in "Joan of Arcadia".

RossBeckett said:
Willie Garson/Martin Lloyd: "The movie was cancelled."
Claudia Black/Vala: "Oh, that's too bad."
Willie Garson/ML: "Not for me. They decided to renew the series instead!"

Wouldn't it be really cool if NBC Universal tells Deborah to make a new series! :hurray: :cheers Here's to hoping that WILL happen.

Steve B.

Disclaimer: The dialogue above came from Stargate SG-1 episode, "200". Creative rights to the series belong to Glassner, Wright, and Cooper.

I would prefer a movie myself unless they renewed the series with good old Sam. :bow

Okay, another off-topic casting idea:

If they're going for more well-known actors, and if Susan Diol were to end up being unavailable, I'd cast Wendy Crewson as Beth. I just recently saw her in "The Seeker", and I couldn't stop thinking of her as Beth every time she came on-screen.

Joy

tina_als_girl said:
Okay, another off-topic casting idea:

If they're going for more well-known actors, and if Susan Diol were to end up being unavailable, I'd cast Wendy Crewson as Beth. I just recently saw her in "The Seeker", and I couldn't stop thinking of her as Beth every time she came on-screen.

Joy
Actually she has a lot of a Donna face to me but I could see her making a decent Beth too.

isz said:
If i'll need to nominee an actress playing Beth i'll go with an actress, who's closer to the age of Beth Calavivcci(who i believe suppose to be in her mid 60's) and my nominee will be...Sally Field: http://imdb.com/name/nm0000398/
Sorry but while I love her I can't really see her in this role. If only she were younger because I could slightly see her as one of the daughters.

I think Sally Field would be an excellent choice for Beth. While I'd also like to see Susan Diol do it, I'm just not thrilled about having an actress who's probably in her 40s play someone in her 60s. Age makeup is never very realistic, and if they don't do it, she would look impossibly young.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Sorry but while I love her I can't really see her in this role. If only she were younger because I could slightly see her as one of the daughters.

What Daughter?! Sally field will turn 61yo next month. the only part she could play in this kind of project is Beth.And,honestly...I think,in a lot of ways, she remind Susan Diol in her look.Don't You?!

isz said:
What Daughter?! Sally field will turn 61yo next month. the only part she could play in this kind of project is Beth.And,honestly...I think,in a lot of ways, she remind Susan Diol in her look.Don't You?!

Umm did you miss some of my post, I said if only she were younger.
And I suppose she could make an ok Beth. And Snish so what if Susan Doil would look impossible young, some people are just like that. my aunt is going to be 50 this month yet if you saw her there is no way in hell you would guess that. She looks to be more in her thirties. So maybe Beth is one of those people who does not look her age. Sorry not trying to bash you I would never do that to anyone on purpose, just saying that there is no better actress than the original, these other suggestions to me are just aternate ideas for the case of Susan Doil not being able to return or not desiring it.

I think in the entire cast there are only 2 roles ,that have to be played by the same actors - Sam and Al.The rest of the cast can be changed freely,in my opinion. That why ,although i think if we'll have a Donna - Teri Hatcher should play her(She'll always be the one and only Donna Elesee for me)I think ,that if a different actresses would play Donna it would be just as fine -A bit disapointing but fine.
Donna's role never been a main role in the series,and that why i think the Actress playing Donna can be changed.

Anyway -Back to Beth... As much as i enjoyed seeing Susen Diol as Beth,I never thought she's "the one and only" Beth Calavicci.

isz said:
I think in the entire cast there are only 2 roles ,that have to be played by the same actors - Sam and Al.The rest of the cast can be changed freely,in my opinion. That why ,although i think if we'll have a Donna - Teri Hatcher should play her(She'll always be the one and only Donna Elesee for me)I think ,that if a different actresses would play Donna it would be just as fine -A bit disapointing but fine.
Donna's role never been a main role in the series,and that why i think the Actress playing Donna can be changed.

Anyway -Back to Beth... As much as i enjoyed seeing Susen Diol as Beth,I never thought she's "the one and only" Beth Calavicci.

I agree with your opinions on Donna, Terri Hatcher is the best but a new actress could pull off the role just as well and I think that woman Joy nominated for Beth has a perfect face for Donna she kind of looks like an older Terri Hatcher to me at least from her main IMDB profile picture I don't know how recent it is though.

As for Beth I have to respectfully disagree, I believe Susan Doil is the one and only. Not that I don't support another actress choice if it be needed.