Hey All Im really upset with Ion!

AlyssaCalavicci

Project QL Intern
Jul 18, 2008
Hey all sorry I have been away so long alot of RL things lately anyways I need to vent cause I am not happy with Ion Tv right now not at all those stinking (in Al's words) NOZZLES!!! How dare they pull this crap they put QL and let is watch it for months and what do they do ohh yes you guess it they take it off!! for there stupid positively entertaining crap! :realmad I dont think anything on that (**&^^%%$$$ IOn tv is entertaining other than QL I cant belive this is even happening now I cant get any more recorded I cant even buy DVD's Im really upset right now as of Sept. the 8th its no longer there I cant belive this! I hope they do reconsider taking it away cause I really enjoyed watching Al and yes taping it. maybe i hope I am wrong from what i saw I was right had been right for the past week to :cry

I'm just curious. How long have you watched ION for? Longer than QL, or right when it started? Because that anger sounded like it went beyond QL's cancelling.

I have only started watching Ion about a week or two before I joined the board here I think sometime in Late june was at the start of season three Yes I am angry I skated pass that actually its everytime I get to see something i really like they snatch it away from under my nose I watched QL before when I was about 17 a loong time ago and fell for Al big time and yes I have fallen for him again so in alot of ways you can see me being very upset by what Ion has done and the fact that I was right all along.

I was taking a walk, and I did think of something. Despite the fact that I'm mad that they took Quantum Leap off before the series ended, I did get the DVDs. Besides, if it hadn't been for that station, I'd have never found this show, and I would have never met all you wondeful people. Which in turn means I wouldn't have found a Buck Rogers website...

I'm still mad at the big changes the company is making, and they will probably deter me from watching the channel, but it would be just as wrong not to acknowledge the good they did.

Oh, and Alyssia, I don't know if you subscribe to Netflix, but they have some programs wher eyou can watch the shows straight from the computer for (I think) free (they do this for a lot of shows). I don't know for sure if QL is in their arsenal, but it is a start, right?

I dont think I will ever watch Ion channel again after there stunt and yea Ohboy it is a start least we still have bittorent for now :(

Yeah, I'm really upset with ION too. I mean at least they could have let it have it's full run. Maybe another network will pick it up.

Maybe but thats very highly unlikely that it will happened I cant belive Ion would pull a stunt like this. I know contacting them wont do any good either they never listen to what we want :(

You guys know the Sci Fi Channel used to air QL ( that's how I was introduced ). Looked at their listing for the next two months a week or so ago and nearly nothing was worth watching. It was QL being taken off the channel that prompted me to buy the DVDs. ..Has any one else considered writing an email to ..well I know Brain has emailed ION ..has any one else considered writing in to the guys at the Sci Fi Channel? I have and I'm wondering how many others feel they need to change what they're airing. They used to have tons more sci fi shows than what they have now.

ohboy said:
I was taking a walk, and I did think of something. Despite the fact that I'm mad that they took Quantum Leap off before the series ended, I did get the DVDs. Besides, if it hadn't been for that station, I'd have never found this show, and I would have never met all you wondeful people. Which in turn means I wouldn't have found a Buck Rogers website...

I'm still mad at the big changes the company is making, and they will probably deter me from watching the channel, but it would be just as wrong not to acknowledge the good they did.

Oh, and Alyssia, I don't know if you subscribe to Netflix, but they have some programs wher eyou can watch the shows straight from the computer for (I think) free (they do this for a lot of shows). I don't know for sure if QL is in their arsenal, but it is a start, right?

Thanks OB :D .

System cat,
I wrote to ION television awhile ago and they said that they were putting QL on hietus(sorry about the spelling.
I will check the sci-fi channel. I also remember when I use to buy the old small tv guide they use to have QL on USA too.

systemcat said:
You guys know the Sci Fi Channel used to air QL ( that's how I was introduced ). Looked at their listing for the next two months a week or so ago and nearly nothing was worth watching. It was QL being taken off the channel that prompted me to buy the DVDs. ..Has any one else considered writing an email to ..well I know Brain has emailed ION ..has any one else considered writing in to the guys at the Sci Fi Channel? I have and I'm wondering how many others feel they need to change what they're airing. They used to have tons more sci fi shows than what they have now.

Thanks OB :D .

CynthialovesQuantumLeap said:
System cat,
I wrote to ION television awhile ago and they said that they were putting QL on hietus(sorry about the spelling.
I will check the sci-fi channel. I also remember when I use to buy the old small tv guide they use to have QL on USA too.

If its going on hietus (I cant spell that either lol) maybe theres a good chance that it will return I am hopeing and as for Sci fi thats waste of breath there I known many people wrote them before on cancelled shows even that one soap opera and they never put it back on I am hoping that QL will return tho grrr the Ion and the changes they are doing :banghead

Me too Alyssa. I feel exactly as you do that they should of kept QL on ion.:\

AlyssaCalavicci said:
If its going on hietus (I cant spell that either lol) maybe theres a good chance that it will return I am hopeing and as for Sci fi thats waste of breath there I known many people wrote them before on cancelled shows even that one soap opera and they never put it back on I am hoping that QL will return tho grrr the Ion and the changes they are doing :banghead

So Quantum Leap is on hiatus (I checked on Dictionary.com, that's the correct spelling), eh? Well, I'll keep looking to see if and when the show returns. After all, hiatus means an interruption from a continuity, so they may be adjusting their programs, and Quantum Leap may return when the dust settles. I won't hold my breath, but still, anyhope to hold on to is worth doing so...

Thanks for something to look forward to, Cynthia.

I watched ION was because of QL. And now they take it off. :cry After the Renaissance Faire I'm going to have to save up for the DVDs.

If anybody still wants to complain about QL being taken off... I was on a Buck Rogers forum, and I noticed an advertisement for ION's new schedule. While I no longer watch the program, at least for the moment, they did have a forum that actually appeared to have the exact same format as this one.

A forum where people have to sign up and join and then can probably sent PMs (Private Messages) to people... Like the administrators... Who are probably working at ION... Who may have some say at the corporate office... Who also has about 16-17 hours of informercials... ;)

Oh, and if anyone actually does decide to do that... Could you maybe include bringing back Who's the Boss??

Last edited:
So did I. It is amazing that so many people in so short of time decided to post to bring back Quantum Leap/Dead Zone (though my post was for QL). I guess I'm not the only one who wants ION the way it was before.

You know, I'm jobless so can't afford DVDs... So I've been checking out DVDs from my local library to get my TV show fix. I've watched Freaks & Geeks, am catching up on Wild Wild West, and plan to check out a few other TV shows as well.

So, since ION isn't going to be playing QL anymore, you might check your local library to see if they have the DVDs available for checking out.

I have two local library systems; one lets you check out DVDs just like a book--for 30 days with no fee; the other one lets you check out DVDs for 3 days for $1 or something like that. So, a library might be a way for you to get caught up on QL.

Joy

ohboy said:
So did I. It is amazing that so many people in so short of time decided to post to bring back Quantum Leap/Dead Zone (though my post was for QL). I guess I'm not the only one who wants ION the way it was before.
I put you (ohboy) as my "referrer" when I registered for the ION board. Hope you don't mind.

I always watch QL on ION, but I do enjoy Johnny Smith's adventures in the Dead Zone, so I posted for both.

The tip about the Library is a good one; many libraries also have online "reservation" systems for books, tapes, and CD/DVDs. You can reserve a copy of something and they'll bring it to your local branch for you to pickup. Very convenient.

Hey NYC and OhBoy I saw you guys over there on the Ion board earlier I hadnt registered yet to it but I hope it dose help get the message across that we want QL back I know I do its really depresses me that they did this and what made me more upset that I was right the whole time for the last month alone I knew it was gonna happen due to that tiny ad on the bottom of the screen it was hard to find out at first cause the scheduale went 2 weeks or less maybe ahead of time. Maybe they got alot of calls but I dont know if they will actually listen to what we want. Sci fi didnt listen when we wanted a soap opera put back a couple of years ago and they cancelled it and yes made me so mad that I stopped going to that channel I regret that now cause QL was on air on that station at the time! Im def kicking my butt for that one now I wished I had of taped all of those then but we cant do what Sam can turn back time and fix things. :(

Awww, you denied yourself the pleasure of watching "Eureka" over a cancelled show? You were punished enough when SciFi canceled in the first place.

I love time travel stories, so QL is right on target for me. I had recorded a bunch of QL's, but my DVR deleted them somehow. (I think the little people who live in my house helped; for some reason the DVR started recording "Wizards of Waverly Place." Magic! lol

omg you made my day there LOL! Im sorry I couldnt help but laugh at that last part just the image of you saying that LMAO!! I hate when the DVR dose that mine has been not recording a show when it was suppose to or if it did it magicly dissapers as well. I know I think I got punished when they took off QL on SciFi grrr that shows I shouldnt do something out of spite LOL maybe hopefully QL will return to Ion I love it cause of AL and the time traveling things really are cool I wish I could travel back in time there are so many things I would love to put right that went wrong like Sam dose.

NYCSciFiFan said:
I put you (ohboy) as my "referrer" when I registered for the ION board. Hope you don't mind.

No, I have no problem with that.

:lol I actually refered someone offline to the website, saying it might be a chance to bring another television show back. I've complained about things there, and I've referred people who have complained. I'm afraid to ask what kind of troublemaker they think I am. :lol