Happy Birthday Sam's Crow

ohboy

Project QL Intern
May 27, 2008
Northern California
I know it's a bit early, but in all honesty, with time differences, and such, better sooner than later!

:sing
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Sam's Crow,
Happy Birthday to you
:sing

Have a wonderful, sleep-filled year full of excitment, opportunities, and Round-Robin postings. :lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:cheers

Its funny but there seems to be alot of birthdays around this time, is because if you count back 9 mons it takes you to Xmas!?!:smokin

Thanks everyone for these birthday wishes being such great people (almost like a second family :D).

Around 9:25 AM on Wednesday 20th September (I'll allow you to guess the year), a nerd was brought into the world to join the world of Leapers. Saturday 20th September 2008. I'm old.:|

I was about a week late (I've never really been good with timing:p )

Sam's Crow said:
Thanks everyone for these birthday wishes being such great people (almost like a second family :D).

Around 9:25 AM on Wednesday 20th September (I'll allow you to guess the year), a nerd was brought into the world to join the world of Leapers. Saturday 20th September 2008. I'm old.:|

I was about a week late (I've never really been good with timing:p )

Would it have been 1989 by any chance?

If you were born on Wednesday 20th, it would have to be 1978 or 1995 then, because with leap years the mid eighties didn't have a Wednesday 20th!

Good lord, leaper1. I would have never logically deduced that. Nice detective work! :hurray: Which makes me wonder how much you secretly know about me that I don't know that you know (inserts paranoid smilie).

Wait! You just had a birthday? :eek

Just joking. :lol I think I could guess. If it wasn't 1978, then it would have to be 1995. Simple math is required at this point. :b

If i remember rightly you have already said your at school.

Whats age anyway, its just a number.
Im only saying that cause it makes me feel better about being so old:p

sparkyclarkie said:

Hey, you are NOT old.

I'm the one here who is old enough to be most people's mother.
Last year on my birthday I went to work dressed as a hula girl in a grass skirt because I was celebrating my "Hawaiian birthday"! Sounds so much better than 'half century', but the trouble is most folks are too young to remember "Hawaii 5-0" so the joke falls a bit flat! :banghead

Having said that, I'm with you on age just being numbers.
My philosophy is 'Growing old may be compulsory, but growing up is optional!'

sparkyclarkie said:

She said more then that,i'm pretty much sure she wrote in one of her first message on the boards here she's 12.So if i remember it correctly it's make her 13.
Anyway - too bad the user called "Sam Beckett Fan" left this community. She could,for a change, find here someone that she could Actuelly talk too, without being criticized for almost anything she writes. But hey, I can't blame her - after what she went through here in her last months on this board it didn't surprise me.
Hopefully it won't happend to "Sam's Crow",too.

p.s.
Happy Birthday,Sam's crew.

I love this forum - guess my year of birth based on the day of the week I was born? LOL

A very happy birthday, albeit a bit belated.

Anyway - too bad the user called "Sam Beckett Fan" left this community. She could,for a change, find here someone that she could Actuelly talk too, without being criticized for almost anything she writes. But hey, I can't blame her - after what she went through here in her last months on this board it didn't surprise me.
Hopefully it won't happend to "Sam's Crow",too.

Actually, I've seen this happen a couple of times. In one case, they even pushed some kid over the edge and he had to be banned, that's why I don't buy it anymore when someone says that this is the nicest board out there (there is no such thing, really). Sure, the atmosphere is good most of the time, but it's also had its bad moments, and many people here are reluctant to see that. The problem is that it was done in a very subtle way, that's why nobody kicked any fuss.

Last edited:
I've heard references to Sam Beckett Fan and something going awry in the past, but I joined the forum on the exact day that was her last date to visit the forum, so I know nothing that went on. If it wouldn't be in poor taste for me to ask, could somebody tell me what the heck is being referred to? The part Night Terror said about subtlity piqued my interest.

Thank you.

I've heard references to Sam Beckett Fan and something going awry in the past, but I joined the forum on the exact day that was her last date to visit the forum, so I know nothing that went on. If it wouldn't be in poor taste for me to ask, could somebody tell me what the heck is being referred to? The part Night Terror said about subtlity piqued my interest.

Thank you.

I didn't know anything about it either, but I use the "search" option a lot, and once I came across a very old post that, for the looks of it, didn't end happily. Basically, a kid started flaming and insulting, etc., so he had to be banned, but even after he had left, the people who were on this forum back then kept calling him things (in other threads), etc., so I re-read the whole original thread and it became evident that nobody liked him (I think Sam Beckett Fan was there, too, and nobody seemed to like her, either), not even before he began with his insults, etc. Every opinion he had was wrong, according to their own opinions, and they kept throwing light insults at him. Like isz mentioned, they kept being criticized for everything they wrote (not always in a very constructive way; they resorted to censorship a lot), even if it was the most trivial thing, and the people who criticized them never actually stopped to think that they were also giving their own input, and that their POV's were not the rule, but a couple of members went a bit too far, to the point of insulting his intelligence, and well, the kid exploded and everyone began to judge him blindly (which is the easiest thing to do; easier than stopping for a moment to think about the person on the other side, why he's like that, or what he's been through).

Like I said, those insults were very light and subtle ("nice," to parody the concept). No name calling or anything, but some people are very sensitive and sometimes "light" is enough, especially in a mind like the kid's mind. I'm not defending what he did (insulting, flaming, etc.), not at all, but I can understand him a little bit. The other people were basically pushing him over the edge. He was a disturbed kid, to begin with, and that was evident, too, but nobody ever tried to reason with him, everything was always light insults and censorship (and mainly because he saw things differently). Someone tried to reason with him (justifying his position), but it was too late, the kid had already exploded. Yes, the kid was wrong and he had many issues in his head already, but everyone else were contributing to it, too. I'm not pointing fingers or trying to educate anyone, but they never gave him a chance and, after re-reading the whole thread, it also became evident that he wasn't the only disturbed person there. The difference was that he wasn't so subtle, and that's why he was banned and judged.

As for Ms. Sam Beckett Fan, well, she gave an opinion on anything she didn't like about the show, and everyone was always telling her to keep it to herself, or to keep it "down," when she never even used bad words or anything. I think there was a character (Abigail, from the Trilogy episodes) she didn't like, and she was always giving her opinions on it, and because they were different opinions, some people were always trying to censor her, even when she was always following the rules. So yeah, she left, and it doesn't surprise me, either. Don't get me wrong, I love this board and everything on this website, but I saw that those bad things had happened, and well, I had to give my opinion on them. I can't keep quiet about things like that. The problem with the kid was that he didn't know how to defend himself properly, and people never gave him a break, so the obvious thing happened: all hell broke loose. Seems to me like we, as a society, are still having trouble with people who see things differently. I've noticed that even "isz" has had some issues with this in the past. Unjustified censorship is a problem in itself, and it was a bit sad for me to see that it's also taken place in this site before.

But anyway, that was like 4 or 5 years ago, and I'm sure they've all grown out of it, except that they're not coming back. As for the thread I mentioned, I think it's closed and you can't find it anymore. I guess it would corrupt us if we were able to read it. :\ :rolleyes

Like I said, it's a nice messageboard, but it's also had its share of "down" moments. A lot of people want to keep quiet about that, but I don't.

Oh, Lordy. Thanks for filling me in, Mr. Night Terror. Since I'm studying to be a history teacher, I think the low points are important as well as the high points, so we know not to repeat the mistakes of the past, or for others to step in and defend anyone who is ever unjustly criticized again.

Oh, Lordy. Thanks for filling me in, Mr. Night Terror. Since I'm studying to be a history teacher, I think the low points are important as well as the high points, so we know not to repeat the mistakes of the past, or for others to step in and defend anyone who is ever unjustly criticized again.

Believe it or not, I wasn't trying to lecture anyone. I was just telling what I saw. I'm not here to defend anyone. People have always been "unjustly criticized," as you put it, and they'll always be. It's not up to me to change the world, man. I've learned that nobody can change anyone's point of view. My only point here was that there are always two sides to a coin, and that it's so easy for us to label someone or something, but we never really understand why, that's all. I mean no offense, I'm not trying to be the hero here, I'm only speaking up my mind.