Sam-"I wanna go home" Bartender-"So go home, you'll only do this long as you want to"

I heard somewhere that if Season 6 did exist, Al the hologram would of been a leaper too! I read on another website that Sam leaped again in his own self to a far place beyond Sam's own lifetime! The only way for Al of the future to find Sam was for him to step into the accelarator and leap into Al's place, for he had no one in the waiting room again to get a time frame.

Al Calavicci knew that only Al in Cokeburg of 1956 could help him locate Sam, but being Sam not being in the bar anymore, the only way to talk to the mysterious man was to go there himself. At Beth's request he took the journey as his 39 year wife was certain he would return again a second time.

When Al met Al face to face, he was just as reluctant to the hologram now leaper as he was to Sam before. After Calavicci pointed out that Sam needed him, he finally gave in only to make the new leaper accept responsability for his actions of leaping. So, Al leaped into Sam's location in time, but into a beautiful young woman!

In my opinion, if Al was happily married to Beth; he could not be the woman chaser he always was in the other 5 seasons. That would eliminate the comical element of Al and made the show boring. So if Al was swiss cheesed like Sam, he could not remember Beth. Then he could be free as before!

Always last seasons of series of many TV programs have major changes. Many shows give the supporting cast more active roles in their final season. Also, major story changes take place as well with many premises in many shows. Quantum Leap is no different, so why not promote Sam to a better role and do the same to Al.:hurray:

Al would still be as lecherous as he always was, but his attitude would be "look but not touch".

I had an idea for a spin-off with Alia as a "neutral" leaper, with the intent to destroy the Evil leaper project, and then continue leaping to "clean up the mess" she had made herself while she was doing Lothos' bidding...

By the way, people are talking about a "2 hour special on the sci-fi channel". What was this?