The Virtual Seasons: In coming weeks...

D

Dman176

I've been extraordinarily busy these past few months, what with work and real life getting in the way while at the same time trying to write as much as I can during my free time. As a result, I have not been keeping up with "promoting" the current season and the build-up of important events that are about to come crashing down on the "virtual" continued world of Quantum Leap, like Greg and I did last year. Well, that is all about to change.

SPOILERS AHEAD...

Over the course of this current season so far, we have seen Al's "ghost" have an effect on history (the season premiere, Episode 1201, "Close Encounters"); the return of the serial killer Leon Stiles and the rogue leaper Maxwell Connors (1204, "Killin' More Time"); Sam forced to confront his inner demons and past failures (1207 ? 1210, "Holding On...Letting Go, Parts I ? IV"); Sam wondering how different things would be if he had never leaped (1211, "It's a Wonderful Life?"); a scientist named Dr. Albright claiming to be a time traveler from the future, who asks Sam to help him get back home (1212 ? 1213, "Time Travelers' Aid Society" and "Running Against Time"); an episode delving into a previously unrevealed past connection between Al and Tom Beckett (1203, "Freefall"); and the revelation that the "new" Lothos and his next generation of evil leapers are manipulating certain events in history in an attempt to finish off Sam once and for all (1215, "Crimson Reflections" and 1219, "x 3" {pronounced "Times Three"}).

The countdown to the 300th overall episode of Quantum Leap (which includes the original 95 televised episodes and the previous 199 virtual episodes) began last week with the special milestone 200th Virtual Episode (1220, "Someone to Watch Over Me"), which brought the character of Julianna Sherman-Calavicci back to the fold after a long absence, along with a major turning point in her life that will affect Al and his family in a big way, not just in coming weeks, but further on down the road as well. In addition, it was revealed toward the end of last season's "Project Liberty" arc and earlier this season that Admiral Tom Beckett is now the new Presidential liaison to Project Quantum Leap, and as such, will do anything he can to find a way to bring Sam home once and for all.

END OF SPOILERS!

And so, without further ado...

The Countdown to 300 continues this week with Episode 1221, entitled "To Help a Friend," written by Tom Nicklis (Al's Handlink), now airing.

December 30, 1999

During one of Sam?s most arduous leaps to date, Al is forced to take a more hands-on approach to right this wrong.

A routine leap will soon take a sudden turn when something unexpected occurs that will shake everything we know to its core. Former mysteries and dangling questions from the past will be answered as new ones take their place that will lead to something much bigger on the horizon. (How's that for being as cryptic and vague as possible?) :p

Be sure to check it out and let Tom know what you think of his first outing on the main Virtual Seasons message board.

And, in coming weeks...

Sam leaps into a gunner in the cockpit of an F-4 Phantom II fighter jet...
A leap into Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary...
A new serial killer is on the loose in the past and Sam (as an NIS agent) must figure out how the clues connect together...

And, the return of Maxwell Connors in a way you've never seen him before. Is he now a friend...or still a foe? And what greater crisis threatens everything that Sam and Al hold dear?

Although it may seem as if all of these upcoming episodes are not connected, they indeed are. You'll just have to keep reading every week to find out how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together. ;) An updated Recommended Reading List will be coming soon on the VS board.

A storm is coming....

Damon

This week on Quantum Leap...

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

The Countdown to 300 continues this week with Episode 1222, entitled "The Great Blue Yonder," written by Tom Nicklis (Al's Handlink), now airing.

June 16, 1965

Al must help Sam to survive when he?s forced into participating in a dogfight in an F-4 Phantom II Fighter Jet. Meanwhile, back at the project, things have taken an interesting turn.

After the shocking turn of events last week, Sam and Al have both become trapped in the past with no way home. A new Observer, in the form of Admiral Tom Beckett, must help Sam and Al to accomplish their joint mission, with Al as a fighter pilot and Sam as his rear gunner. Elsewhere, the newly-returned Julianna Sherman-Calavicci (Al's oldest daughter through Lisa Sherman) tries to help Beth cope with the sudden departure of her husband by taking her on a trip away from Quantum Leap for a day. Little do any of these three people (Julianna, Beth, and Tom) know what's in store for all of them during the coming weeks. And if you thought last week's ending was a shocker, wait until you see how this one ends! What happens during this "mini-arc" will help lay the groundwork for what is coming...

"Guest-starring"
David Newsom as Admiral Tom Beckett
Terry Farrell as Captain Julianna Sherman-Calavicci
Susan Diol as Beth Calavicci

Be sure to check this week's episode out and let Tom know what you think of his second outing on the main Virtual Seasons message board.

And, in coming weeks...

Sam leaps into Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary...
A new serial killer is on the loose in the past and Sam (as an NIS agent) must figure out how the clues connect together...

And, the return of Maxwell Connors in a way you've never seen him before. Is he now a friend...or still a foe? And what greater crisis threatens everything that Sam and Al hold dear?

3 weeks until "Shockwave"!
The storm clouds are gathering....

Damon

Believe you me, the storm clouds are definitely brewing.

You know, I normally get the first sneek peek at what the guys and gals have ready for the world.... and oh Lord, help us all!

*runs and ducks for cover*

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

The Countdown to 300 continues this week with Episode 1223, entitled "Alcatraz," written by Tom Nicklis (Al's Handlink), now airing 1 day early.

August 18, 1958

Sam and Al each have a wrong to put right. For Sam, it?s another leap, another day. For Al, it?s personal.

Sam and Al both leap into the infamous Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary?Sam as a security guard and Al as an inmate. As Al regresses back to his POW days in the past, a tragedy has occurred in the present that directly affects his life. How will Al cope with this devastating news...and how far will he be willing to go to prevent it from happening? As this trilogy of leaps comes to an end, other events have already been set into motion that will shake the Quantum Leap universe to its foundations. Nothing will ever be the same again...

"Guest-starring"
David Newsom as Admiral Tom Beckett
Terry Farrell as Captain Julianna Sherman-Calavicci
Susan Diol as Beth Calavicci

Be sure to check this week's episode out and let Tom know what you think of his third outing on the main Virtual Seasons message board.

And, in coming weeks...

2 weeks until "Shockwave"!
The calm before the storm is approaching....

Damon

Last edited:

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

The Countdown to 300 reaches its penultimate episode this week with Episode 1224, entitled "The Calm Before the Storm," written by Mike Bloxam (MikeKraken), now airing.

December 18, 1967

As a federal agent in Washington, D.C., Sam finds himself deeply involved in an investigation that goes beyond anything he could begin to fathom.

With Al back home but temporarily out of commission, Tom Beckett continues to serve as his brother's holographic observer during one of Sam's most unusual leaps yet. As a special agent of the Naval Investigative Service (NIS) in 1967, Sam arrives at the scene of a horrific crime and is shocked to learn the identity of the victim... and it's someone who shouldn't be dead! Is the murderer someone we've seen before? What Sam and Tom discover next is only the calm... before the storm...

QUANTUM LEAP
"Starring" Scott Bakula
(as Dr. Sam Beckett)
"Starring" Dean Stockwell (as Admiral Al Calavicci)

Created by Donald P. Bellisario

"Guest-starring"
David Newsom (as Admiral Tom Beckett)
Jason Winston George (as Dom Lofton)
Jolene Blalock (as Logan)
Gigi Rice (as Tina Martinez-O'Farrell)
Susan Diol (as Beth Calavicci)
Candy Ann Brown (as Dr. Verbena Beeks)

Let Mike know what you think of his story on the main Virtual Seasons message board.

And, next week...

David Duchovny "returns" as the Rogue Leaper! How will his return affect Project Quantum Leap? Be there for Part 1 of the shocking 300th episode of Quantum Leap (which it would be if you include the original 95 televised episodes)! Some familiar faces might be popping up. And if you thought the events of the past few weeks have been mind-blowing, prepare yourself... 'cause you ain't seen nothin' yet! ;)

1 week until "Shockwave"!
The eye of the storm is nearly upon us....

Damon

Last edited:
You've miscalculated. If you count Genesis as 2 episodes then there should be only 96, not 97 (because one episode of Genesis would be included in the 95).

Season 1 = 8
Season 2 = 22
Season 3 = 22
Season 4 = 22
Season 5 = 21

"Genesis" counts as one produced episode, 90 minutes in length w/o commercials (pilot episodes usually count as one, with some exceptions, like the Star Trek shows)...

"Lee Harvey Oswald" counts as one produced episode, 90 minutes in length w/o commercials...

My calculations were based on that. Of course, I can't claim to be 100% positive about that since I've never seen the script production numbers, but I know a number of people online have come to the same conclusion. Brian even has it listed as 95 episodes in the Episode Guide, plus the description of the series on the main index page of Al's Place says, "Combining science-fiction and drama with a hint of comedy and a splash of adventure, the series lasted four and a half seasons including ninety-five episodes."

The Complete Quantum Leap Book by Louis Chunovic and Quantum Leap: A to Z by Julie Barrett also list them as 95 separate episodes. I'm sort of anal with that kind of stuff. :p (Perhaps that's not something I should freely admit...) :rolleyes

Damon

I counted Genesis as 2 episodes because that's the way it airs in syndication. I'm actually going to change that and it should add up to a total of 95. It's a hobby of mine to keep an episode list of some of the shows that I watch. Oh boy, did I just say that? :lol

Lee Harvey Oswald was aired on NBC as a 2 hour season premiere, not 90 minutes. I only know that from the trailer that I downloaded from the Al's Video Library section of Al's Place.

Steve
RossBeckett

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

The countdown is over!
"Shockwave" is HERE!

This week, Quantum Leap hits its 300th overall episode (including the original 95 televised episodes) with Episode 1225, entitled "Shockwave," written by Mike Bloxam (MikeKraken) and Damon C. Sugameli (myself :) ), now airing. Finally, more information can be revealed...

February 25, 1993

The ?Black Widow?s? reign of terror has left a path of death and destruction in its wake. Now that path is about to intertwine with the life of a very young Sam Beckett. As a temporal shockwave begins unraveling the fabric of Time, the Project Observer must take drastic measures in order to stop the ?Black Widow? once and for all. And, as if that wasn?t enough, an apparently dying version of Doctor Connors resurfaces at Project Quantum Leap with a dire warning of things to come.

Rear Admiral Tom Beckett finally gets his first real taste of the chaos that is time travel when Ziggy's program begins slowing down due to a conflict between two "parallel" timelines that are both negating each other?and Sam is caught right in the middle of it. However, Sam is helpless to do anything about it since he has leaped into a homeless man in New York City, circa 1993, where he meets someone else from a previous leap who shouldn't be there. And when a much older version of the "Rogue Leaper," Dr. Maxwell Connors, materializes at Project Quantum Leap appearing to be at death's door and claiming that all of existence is in danger, both Tom and the recently awoken Al realize that a huge sacrifice will have to be made in order to save Sam's life. The question is, who will step forward?

QUANTUM LEAP
"Starring" Scott Bakula
(as Dr. Sam Beckett)
SamBeckett.jpg

AlCalavicci.jpg

"Guest-starring"
TomBeckett.jpg

Jolene Blalock (as Logan)
Logan.jpg

DomLofton.jpg

Jennifer Lopez (as Dr. Aurora Gonzales-Lofton)
AuroraLofton.jpg

Mimi Kuzyk (as Dr. Donna Elesee-Beckett)
DonnaElesee.jpg

Melora Hardin (as Dr. Sammy Jo Fulton)
SammyJoFuller2.jpg

Gigi Rice (as Tina Martinez-O'Farrell)
Tina.jpg

Susan Diol (as Beth Calavicci)
BethCalavicci.jpg

Candy Ann Brown (as Dr. Verbena Beeks)
VerbenaBeeks.jpg

Terry Farrell (as Captain Julianna Sherman-Calavicci)
JuliannaCalavicci.jpg

and David Duchovny as Dr. Maxwell Connors
Connors.jpg

Also, look for more familiar faces to show up in unexpected ways. Chip Ferguson (from "A Leap for Lisa") showed up dead last week. Which character from Sam's leaping history will he encounter this week? Be sure to let both of us know what you think of our story, as mind-boggling and complex as it may be, on the main Virtual Seasons message board.

And, next week...

The shockwave continues to affect everything in its path...and it gets worse! Be there for Part 2 of the landmark 300th episode of Quantum Leap! A key moment from Sam Beckett's past will be revisited?with an ending so shocking, it will change the Quantum Leap universe forever! (I personally guarantee that after you read the ending, you'll be screaming, "Oh no they DIDN'T!!!" with the second "D" being silent. :p ) You have been warned.

The storm has arrived! Will anyone survive it?

Damon

Last edited:

Before posting this week's "commercial/promo," I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to the VS readers for my tardiness in completing Part 2. I take full responsibility for the delay, which has also led to the season now being extended into the end of June. Real-life complications, combined with my brain not wanting to cooperate with me and trying to fight off both physical and mental exhaustion, were all getting in the way of me finishing my parts in a timely manner. I sincerely hope I have not caused a great deal of frustration for readers who were waiting to read the conclusion, and I will try very hard not to disappoint the fans again. I am already working on "Fate's Wide Wheel" for the beginning of June. I have to say, if it were not for Mike agreeing to be my "partner in crime" on this rather ambitious project, I'm not sure I could have done it by myself. So, thank you, Mike, for helping me get this idea "out there" to the public. I am most definitely in your debt, buddy! I'll also be thanking additional people in the coming weeks! :D

So, without further ado:

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

The countdown is over!
The "Shockwave" continues!

This week, Quantum Leap celebrates the second half of its 300th overall episode (including the original 95 televised episodes) with Episode 1226, entitled "Shockwave, Part II ? Severed String," written by Mike Bloxam (MikeKraken) and Damon C. Sugameli (myself :) ), now airing. Finally, more information can be revealed... (Okay, technically, this would be the 301st overall episode, but in my own head, Parts 1 and 2 would have both aired together as a 2-hour movie.) ;)

December 1, 1969 ? August 8, 1973
February 25, 1993

The Project is confronted with two major points of divergence that threaten to unravel the very fabric of Time. With anomalies continuing to pop up everywhere and time literally running out, Tom and Al must figure out a way to stop Logan once and for all before it becomes too late. However, as the shockwave fast approaches, it seems almost inevitable that Connors's premonition will come to pass.

With Sam still stuck in 1993, it has fallen on Rear Admiral Tom Beckett to step into the Quantum Leap Accelerator and make "the leap home" back to 1969 to save his brother. A weak, but slowly recovering Al becomes Tom's Observer, while Dom fills in as Sam's Observer as he tries to help a now-homeless Tibby Johnson get off the streets and make a better life for himself. Meanwhile, time anomalies and inconsistencies continue popping up throughout the timeline along with various people continuously popping in and out of existence, all growing more and more frequent as time goes on. Ultimately, it may be Sam's unique connection with Professor Sebastian LoNigro (a.k.a. Bobby) that may provide the solution to the problem. But will it be enough? And...if you think you know how this one ends...think again...

QUANTUM LEAP
"Starring" Scott Bakula
(as Dr. Sam Beckett)
SamBeckett.jpg

AlCalavicci.jpg

"Special Guest Star"
TomBeckett.jpg

"Special Guest Star"
Joe Mantegna (as Dr. Sebastian "Bobby" LoNigro)
BobbyLoNigro.jpg

"Guest-starring"
Jolene Blalock (as Logan Lanning)
Logan.jpg

DomLofton.jpg

Scott Lawrence (as Tibido "Tibby" Johnson)

Adam Affonso (as Sam Beckett ? age 16)

Mimi Kuzyk (as Dr. Donna Elesee-Beckett)
DonnaElesee.jpg

and David Duchovny (as Dr. Maxwell Connors)
Connors.jpg

Also, a few more familiar faces from the past show up in unexpected ways (just because me and Mike felt like it :p ). Be sure to let both of us know what you think of our story, as mind-boggling and complex as it may be, on the main Virtual Seasons message board.

And, starting next week...

A bold new era begins as Quantum Leap will take readers on a new kind of journey, exploring the QL universe from new perspectives. As "Rogue Leaper ? Phase II: Logan's Run" winds down this week, its conclusion paves the way for the third and final phase of the "Rogue Leaper" storyline, entitled... Ah, but that would be giving away the ending to this week's episode. More shall be revealed next week. ;) I hope everyone will really enjoy this concept! :D

The storm has arrived! How will it end?

Damon

Last edited:
Damon,

Not to give away any spoilers in here. But how could you do that to a good person? I hope things get worked out in the end. Can I ask how big a bump is this going to be?

SC

SC Farris said:
Damon,

Not to give away any spoilers in here. But how could you do that to a good person? I hope things get worked out in the end. Can I ask how big a bump is this going to be?

SC

I agree.I want to know too.

SC Farris said:
How could I do that? Because I'm evil, that's why!

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!
:bat :bat :bat

But seriously, this is a random idea I had a very long time ago that sort of lingered in the back of my mind with no real concrete plotline or explanation to back it up. When I introduced Connors two years ago, this had been the plan all along; but of course, as with many huge ideas, the storyline has sort of evolved far beyond what I originally imagined (which is why I needed the extra help). Now that we're heading into the home stretch, I feel more comfortable explaining a few more things:

From the very start ("Second Genesis"), Connors was meant to be a tragic character, directly on the borderline between good and evil. Everything he's been doing his entire life has been, in his own mind, for the betterment of humanity. Ever since he was about eight or so, he's had recurring premonitions that something catastrophic would happen sometime in his future. So, he's been doing what he felt was "necessary" to prevent his vision from coming to pass, never realizing that his actions were taking him down an even darker path that he might never be able to escape from.

Which brings us to where we're at now. This whole storyline is about the concept of Fate versus Free Will, and what could happen when those two opposing belief systems clash; how different things might be if "this" happened, or if "that" happened; stuff like that. My personal beliefs are that Fate and Free Will can co-exist with each other to a certain degree. Even though the decisions we make can lead to multiple outcomes that affect our lives in different ways, I think in the same sense that Fate can either intervene or find a way to "influence" those decisions to ensure that a universally important destiny is fulfilled. In the QL world, this destiny lies in the form of one man: Sam Beckett. What the readers will see over the next several weeks is how the timeline has adjusted to the major changes that have occurred, and how God, Time, Fate or whatever finds a way to put things right somehow, even if it requires a few steps to reach that point. It's sort of similar to what Jeff Goldblum's character Malcolm said in the movie version of Jurassic Park, in response to Man trying to be in control of Nature: "Life finds a way."

So, like MJ said...read, read, read...because it's a bumpy ride indeed. Ultimately, I wanted to experiment with giving QL fans something a little bit different than what we're all accustomed to, even if on a temporary basis. I had briefly wondered if an entire season could be devoted to this concept, but something told me that a large majority of fans/readers would begin to lose interest quickly if it went on for too long. I think the way it stands now is a reasonable length of time. Originally, it was only meant to be a 2-part season finale cliffhanger to be resolved in a 2-part season opener. With Logan being added to the mix, that all changed (for the better, I think). Now look for the grand finale, "Fate's Wide Wheel," coming toward the end of the season, when all of the remaining questions will be answered.

In the meantime, check out The Virtual Seasons throughout the month of May, for more clues surrounding the mystery of this "bold new era":

05/05/06: "Sanctuary" by Jennifer L. Rowland (McDuck)
05/12/06: "Sanctuary, Part II" by Jennifer L. Rowland (McDuck)
05/19/06: "Draft Dodger" by Tom Nicklis (Al's Handlink)
05/26/06: "On Dangerous Ground" by Mike Bloxam (MikeKraken)

And now, I need to get back to writing. :) Until next time...

Damon

Starting this week (the May 5th episode, which coincidentally is the same date that "Mirror Image" was originally televised 13 years ago), Quantum Leap begins a bold new era, picking up the pieces of the shattered timeline as a "new" reality unfolds. This is what it's all been leading up to since "Second Genesis"... now, at long last, the final phase of the saga can be revealed...

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

This week, the new era of Quantum Leap kicks off with part one of a two-part story in Episode 1227, entitled "Sanctuary," written by Jennifer L. Rowland (McDuck), now airing:

March 13, 1987

When Tom leaps into Franklin Benjamin, the director of a homeless shelter and rehabilitation program, he finds himself in the midst of forgotten men. His mission: to save one of the program residents before the man?s new life is taken before he even has a chance to rebuild.

Yup, you read that correctly. Tom Beckett is now the main character of the series, leaping through time trying to put right what once went wrong. For the reasons why he has now replaced Sam, go back and read "Shockwave" and "Severed String" for part of the story. Although the main "Rogue Leaper" plotline has taken a backseat for the time being, Tom will still find himself in a situation that will have a significant impact on someone from his past.

Ideally, I would have liked to have been able to provide an actual animated flash intro, but these still pictures will have to do:

WWSamBeckett_intro1.jpg

WWSamBeckett_intro2.jpg

WWSamBeckett_intro3.jpg

WWSamBeckett_intro4.jpg

WWSamBeckett_intro5.jpg

WWSamBeckett_intro6.jpg

To give everyone a taste of what to expect in this "alternate" reality, imagine a completely new saga cell narrated by the male voice of ALPHA (which I'm going to try to record anyway), followed by a new green-yellowish "rippling" leap effect for the prologue/teaser, and a brand new opening credit sequence with an updated theme song:

Theorizing that one could time-travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sebastian LoNigro set out to prove the String Theory that he had co-developed with his former MIT student, Samuel Beckett?an incredibly gifted genius who was destined for greatness. After Sam?s sudden and untimely murder in 1973, a distraught Doctor LoNigro formed a strong bond with Sam?s older brother, Lieutenant Commander Thomas Beckett, and together, they both strove to ensure that Sam?s theories would not be forgotten.

Tom quickly rose in the ranks to Captain and eventually aided Doctor LoNigro in the development of a top-secret government project code-named Chrono-Leap, which was based off of a combination of the String Theory, and the work of the late Doctor Alexander Garner and his failed Time Displacer Unit. During the initial test-run of the experiment, a malfunction occurred that endangered the lives of everyone inside the project. In a bold attempt to shut it down, Captain Beckett bravely stepped into the Chronoton Accelerator...and vanished.

He awoke to find himself inhabiting someone else?s body in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own time was maintained through brainwave transmissions with Doctor LoNigro, who became the Project Observer in the wake of the Accelerator incident, appearing in the form of a neurological hologram that only Captain Beckett can see and hear.

Trapped in an alternate timeline, Captain Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, putting things right that once went wrong. All the while, he is subconsciously aware that another leaper exists somewhere, lost in time like himself, who holds the key to restoring reality back to what it once was. Until that day arrives, Captain Beckett struggles to recall his lost memories of a "World Without Sam Beckett," hoping each time to alter the hands of fate so that his next leap...will be the leap home.

WorldWithoutSamBeckett_logo.gif

"Starring" David Newsom (as Captain Tom Beckett)
TomBeckett.jpg

"Starring" Joe Mantegna (as Dr. Sebastian "Bobby" LoNigro)
BobbyLoNigro.jpg

"World Without Sam Beckett" concept by Damon C. Sugameli

(or simply look at the final picture that I made up) :)

WorldWithoutSamBeckett.jpg

"Guest-starring"
Dennis Wolfberg (as Gooshie)
Gooshie.jpg

And a special guest star that can't even be hinted about. You'll just have to read to find out who it is. ;)

Be sure to let Jennie know what you think of her story on the main Virtual Seasons message board. :)

And, in coming weeks...

Tom will leap into a draft dodger during the height of the anti-Vietnam War protests in Washington, D.C....

A leap that could never be explored under normal circumstances...the Korean War...

And Tom will go even further back in time as he goes on a virtual leaping tour of his own lifetime from the day of his birth to revisiting key events across multiple timelines that will determine the course of history, all leading up to the 2-part season finale!

The storm is over! Now, the aftershocks begin...

Damon

This week on Quantum Leap: World Without Sam Beckett...

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

This week, the new era of Quantum Leap: World Without Sam Beckett continues with the conclusion of the two-part launch, Episode 1228 (or, as I like to privately refer to it, Episode A-102 ;) ), entitled "Sanctuary, Part II," written by Jennifer L. Rowland (McDuck), now airing:

March 16, 1987

When Tom leaps into Franklin Benjamin, the director of a homeless shelter and rehabilitation program, he finds himself in the midst of forgotten men. His mission: to save one of the program residents before the man?s new life is taken before he even has a chance to rebuild.

Theorizing that one could time-travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sebastian LoNigro set out to prove the String Theory that he had co-developed with his former MIT student, Samuel Beckett?an incredibly gifted genius who was destined for greatness. After Sam?s sudden and untimely murder in 1973, a distraught Doctor LoNigro formed a strong bond with Sam?s older brother, Lieutenant Commander Thomas Beckett, and together, they both strove to ensure that Sam?s theories would not be forgotten.

Tom quickly rose in the ranks to Captain and eventually aided Doctor LoNigro in the development of a top-secret government project code-named Chrono-Leap, which was based off of a combination of the String Theory, and the work of the late Doctor Alexander Garner and his failed Time Displacer Unit. During the initial test-run of the experiment, a malfunction occurred that endangered the lives of everyone inside the project. In a bold attempt to shut it down, Captain Beckett bravely stepped into the Chronoton Accelerator...and vanished.

He awoke to find himself inhabiting someone else?s body in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own time was maintained through brainwave transmissions with Doctor LoNigro, who became the Project Observer in the wake of the Accelerator incident, appearing in the form of a neurological hologram that only Captain Beckett can see and hear.

Trapped in an alternate timeline, Captain Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, putting things right that once went wrong. All the while, he is subconsciously aware that another leaper exists somewhere, lost in time like himself, who holds the key to restoring reality back to what it once was. Until that day arrives, Captain Beckett struggles to recall his lost memories of a "World Without Sam Beckett," hoping each time to alter the hands of fate so that his next leap...will be the leap home.

WorldWithoutSamBeckett_logo.gif

"Starring" David Newsom (as Captain Tom Beckett)
TomBeckett.jpg

"Starring" Joe Mantegna (as Dr. Sebastian "Bobby" LoNigro)
BobbyLoNigro.jpg

"World Without Sam Beckett" concept by Damon C. Sugameli

WorldWithoutSamBeckett.jpg

"Special Guest Stars"
Dennis Wolfberg as Gooshie

Gooshie.jpg

and Dean Stockwell as Albert Calavicci
AlCalavicci.jpg

Assuming you have read Part 1, Tom has encountered a younger version of Al, who is now a broken shadow of the man he once was, having been dishonorably discharged from both the Star Bright Project and the Navy due to the infamous "vending machine incident." Because Sam was never around to vouch for Al in 1984, it is now up to Tom to help provide a more stable future for our favorite (former) admiral and give him a second chance at a good life. The outcome of this leap will once again cause a shift in reality that will bring us one step closer to a world with Sam Beckett.

Be sure to let Jennie know what you think of her story on the main Virtual Seasons message board. :)

And, in coming weeks...

Tom will leap into a draft dodger during the height of the anti-Vietnam War protests in Washington, D.C....

A leap that could never be explored under normal circumstances...the Korean War...

And Tom will go even further back in time as he goes on a virtual leaping tour of his own lifetime from the day of his birth to revisiting key events across multiple timelines that will determine the course of history, all leading up to the 2-part season finale!

The storm is over! Now, the aftershocks begin...

Damon