My New/Final Handlink Replica

Als_Holographic_Helper

Project QL Intern
Apr 17, 2004
This is my handlink replica. My final attempt. This one is made from coloured CD cases,acetate and lego, for the exterior, and flashing badges and a recordable card for the workings. It makes real noises and flashes. see the pictures attached of the front, side and back to view it.

Attachments

• hf.jpg
    hf.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 288
  • hs.jpg
    hs.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 221
  • hb2.jpg
    hb2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 221
Als_Holographic_Helper said:
This is my handlink replica. My final attempt. This one is made from coloured CD cases,acetate and lego, for the exterior, and flashing badges and a recordable card for the workings. It makes real noises and flashes. see the pictures attached of the front, side and back to view it.

Cool! Looks great. :)

Hello everyone I am new here and yes I am a Quantum Leap Fan

Dear Quantum Leap Fans.
I am new here and I love Quantum Leap. I wish I could travel in time that would be nice to put right that once went wrong. I like that handlink wish I had one for a toy. I am 24 Male from North Carolina February 17th 1981 just to let yuu know I am not a kid lol. Please message me back I would like to hear from you all.

Regards
Jeremy L Reed

Als_Holographic_Helper said:

Sweetness! Your handlink looks great!

Samantha Beckett

Thanks Tom.

I have some bad news for everyone Quantum Leap is leaveing scifi channel. if you dont belive me check scifi channel calender for quantum leap events. We need to let scifi channel know how quantum leap means to us fans to let them how much of fans for quantum leap there are. They are even takeing off The Twilight Zone I hate that and I also Miss Lost In Space on scifi and My Favorite Martion so please let scifi channel know that they need to keep these great shows on scifi channel and thanks for listing to me.

message me back for comments or question on board.

Regards
Jeremy L Reed

Could someone please tell me if Quantum Leap is makeing a new show or not? I keep hearing rummers about a show or movie of Quantum Leap The Bold Leap so does mean? Please help me out here. I am so confuse about this and I would love to see new shows of Quantum Leap and maybe a movie of Quantum Leap.

Please message me back.

Regards
Jeremy L Reed

Jeremy2753 said:
Thanks Tom.

I have some bad news for everyone Quantum Leap is leaveing scifi channel. if you dont belive me check scifi channel calender for quantum leap events. We need to let scifi channel know how quantum leap means to us fans to let them how much of fans for quantum leap there are. They are even takeing off The Twilight Zone I hate that and I also Miss Lost In Space on scifi and My Favorite Martion so please let scifi channel know that they need to keep these great shows on scifi channel and thanks for listing to me.

message me back for comments or question on board.

Regards
Jeremy L Reed

Hey Jeremy, I just checked the Sci-fi website. They're not taking the show off, its just not playing until the 16th (its a marathon starting at 8am eastern time and ending at 4pm eastern time). Then QL is taking a little break from Sci-fi, then it will come back starting January 23rd for a *drumroll please* DAYTIME ROTATION! Which means I wont have to stay up until 2am everyday to watch it! It says it should be on at 8am eastern time every morning from then on, it seems like. So, it's not being taken off of Sci-fi, its just doing multiple, temporary hiatuses.

Samantha Beckett

Thank you again for all you lovely comments! as for how to make one ChickenStu...

I made a plan of the handlink (or at least how I saw it to be) by looking at the pictures on the al's place site Imagig chamber. I the looked out for materials I could use to make the casing. I found this material in my local pound shop! - Coloured CD cases! Then I Had a tip from Feldon29 of looking on Ebay for coloured lego pieces after a long wait I found a bulk lot.

Took a while to come but final I got them I printed my plan- actual size out from my computer. then I "traced" each tiny piece, with a stanley knife on the cd case plastic and snapped along the line. meanwhile I made a clear acetate handlink shaped "Box" again from the same plan -stuck it together with UHU. Then I stuck each tiny piece on with patience! front AND back!

Now - For the workings! I looked, Again on EBAY for the little sar flashing badges you can get. I found them got them and put them - with there magnet fixings onto a rectengular piece of acetate- like a cirucit board. to make sound - I recorded from my computer onto a recordable greetings card and stuck that onto my "circuit board" under a flap I made.

The "circuit board" can be slid out from flaps in the bottom and voila! a Handlink!

Not too detaild I know. Wish you hadn't asked now don't you? :D You got me waffling! lol

Last edited:
Great handlink!! Wish I had one of those..lol! Does it make cute noises when you smack it on the side?..hehe!

Any chance of you making one of these and sending it to me for the second episode of Quantum Geek?

Thanks! it does not make noises when you smack the side lol, only when you push the red button!

and I'm afraid, the project is WAY too much work to make again for free! but I may in the far future make another to sell on Ebay... may lol.though Quantum Geek looks verry cool!! :D

Coloured erasers ChickenStu? Nice idea!

Update!

Hi again everyone!

Just got an update for you:

I have just added "Caps" to the lego on my handlink to make it smooth on top! Here's what it looks like now!

Front

capfront.jpg

Side

capsside.jpg

Close

post-8360-1154797810.jpg
capclose.jpg

Jeddie

Last edited:
Hey Jeddie - I was wondering... is there any chance you could make some of these and sell them as novelty items at the 2009 convention?

great job! i can'tr believe you've found the old correctly colored logos, yet alone the caps. i can tell you put your all into it and it shows!! and it makes noise! fun fun fun! good attention to detail as well