Hey, I'm ChickenStu, nice to meet you all!

ChickenStu

Project QL Intern
Nov 8, 2005
Hey, my name's Stu. Thought I'd introduce myself. 27 years old, live in the UK, married to Wendy, have an 11 year old step-son, and a baby on the way.
Quantum Leap was my favourite programme as a schoolboy. It used to be on 9pm, Thursday nights on BBC2, and my parents used to let me stay up late and watch it!
Over the years, I became a total geek over it! Books, comic books, anything I could find. When I was about 16 six VHS's of selected episodes were released and I got them all! However, after the final episode ("Mirror Image") aired, I sort of lost touch with it.
However, last year I got the DVD of Season One and enjoyed it greatly, purely for nostalgia purposes of course. However, I've recently got Season Two, and I've seriously caught the bug again! It was really such a great show!
Today I found this place. I'm a member of quite a few forums on the net, but when I found this Quantum Leap one, I knew I had to join it and chat to other fans!
Anyway, you seem like a friendly bunch and I'm sure that you'll all make me feel welcome. Thanks for reading this, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

Nice to meet you chaps! Thanks for befriending me! If your lucky, one day I might tell you about MY idea for a sequel to Quantum Leap!
Watching season 2, I said to my wife "wouldn't it be nice if there really was a Sam Beckett? Jumping around, making people's lives better?"
That's the appeal of the show. It always gets me. Whoever cancelled it must have been one mean spirited so-in-so!
It's a show full of hope and optimism! That's why it's great!

Oh, and by the way. I gave my 11 year old step-son the DVD boxed set of Season One to watch, he loves it and I'm really glad! It will probably teach him a few lessons without him realising!

Ha, another young generation of Quantum Leap fans! That's great! It's nice to meet you Stu. I grew up on the show too, even tho I was only 3 when the show originally aired. Well, more like I grew up on the re-runs, lol. I'm a semi-newbie here (since you came I'm no longer the main newb I dont think), and I can't wait to talk with you too! Btw, I love England. I live in the US, but i swear I was meant to be born there not here. :D

Samantha Beckett

Welcome to the board ChickenStu. Great to have another new member. I've been a member of Al's Place for quite some time now. However, I only come and go at times. This time, I'm hoping to hang around a little bit more. I've finally got Broadband coming!

I am only across the water from you, in dear old Ireland.

I've already replied to your idea for a Quantum Leap spin-off, if you fancy reading it sometime.

Blimey. Has it been that long? I'm 35 now! Had ANOTHER kid since I introduced myself here. I found my way back here again cause I'm rewatching all five seasons.

That baby being on the way I mentioned in the opening post? She's 7 now and she has a 5 year old sister! MENTAL.

Gonna show her the programme soon!

Blimey. Has it been that long? I'm 35 now! Had ANOTHER kid since I introduced myself here. I found my way back here again cause I'm rewatching all five seasons.

That baby being on the way I mentioned in the opening post? She's 7 now and she has a 5 year old sister! MENTAL.

Gonna show her the programme soon!

Welcome back!

I was telling my 7 year old daughter about it earlier. She loves Doctor Who and the Back To The Future films. When I told her Quantum Leap was a time travel show, she was very intrigued.

I'll try the pilot episode on her one day and see what she thinks. She thought it was funny that the computer's name is Ziggy, cause we nearly called our cat Ziggy. However, at the last minute we named him Toto after the famous american rock band who I'm a huge fan of!