thought you all would be interested in this little tidbit

Jaycol

Project QL Intern
Mar 19, 2007
Newark, New York
Seems a Magnum P.I. movie is in the works. Could it be not much longer before we see a film about our favorite show?

Matthew McConaughey as Magnum P.I?
That's who Entertainment Weekly says has been offered the lead role in the long-gestating film version of the classic 80s TV series starring Tom Selleck.
McConaughey, says the site, is reading the script from writer/director Rawson Thurber (''Dodgeball'') and will decide shortly.

Cool, according to my friends Scott (not Bakula of course) there is one being made as we speak staring Scott Bakula.... his wife had to break up the Skype fight between us that then took place LOL!! It was really funny!!!

Both Glen Larson and Don Bellisario were approached to executive produce the movie and they both turned it down. Smart move on their part, I think. We can probably expect just about every '80s franchise to be resurrected in some way because Hollywood views these films as less of a financial risk if they're guaranteed to have a built-in audience.

I don't think I would go watch a Quantum Leap movie unless Scott and Dean were the leads.

I know they are 20 years older, but hey, Sam never did return home and we know time travelling does not stop the aging process. Pity.