complicated Evil Leaper Trilogy Questions

L

Lothos2003

I hate vagueness and uncertainty, and unfortunately the Evil Leaper trilogy is full of both. I've been trying to reason some of facts of regarding the events in the episodes from only what is in the episodes and nowhere else. I want to raise some points and questions, some of which I have some ideas for and others which I'm looking for input on based on the cold hard facts and evidence from the series.
1. Did Alia and Zoey die at the end of Revenge? I don't know if Alia died but I think Zoey did. When Zoey( in Myers body) was hit with the gun blast Zoey went flying backward to the ground. I think Zoey took the shot and died, but her wounded or dead body leaped back to Lothos thus allowing Myers to remain alive. The same must have happened to Alia one might say? Alia was shot at, the body she leaped into didn't get hurt, so Alia must have been hit too. I think there are three possibilities here. One, Alia did get shot, but she survived her wounds and was freed just as Al said. Two, Alia died but that doesn't contradict the fact that she was freed from Lothos as Al said. Perhaps, Alia sacrificing herself was her chance at some higher spiritual freedom. Even another more far fetched possibility is that Alia was never hit with the shotgun blast at all. Angel's body did not go flying backward(it fell down right in place, perhaps because Angel was on the floor in the imaging chamber as she leaped back) after the shot hit which may indicate that neither Angel nor Alia was hit(if Alia was hit like Zoey/Myers then Alia/Angel's body probably should have flown backward, it was shotgun blast point blank), so if Alia ended up free, and free means alive, then its possible that the blast somehow was taken in the Alia's leap, but did not enter her body somehow, perhaps milliseconds in the leaping process saved Alia from getting hit. I know this sounds complicated, but I'm crazy so bear with me. I was gonna say some other things, but this is really long, so I'll post more questions and such about the Evil Leaper Trilogy later. Hope to here any comments, though I would completely understand if nobody can fathom my complicated and detailed points. Lets just say... I love QL, this trilogy, and I have alot of time on my hands at the moment.

I saw the FAQ explanation, and..

I like the FAQ's answer, but I didn't do the frame by frame analysis so I have no idea if it is right, or even if the analysis reveals what the writers intended the fates of Alia and Zoey to be. I'm not saying I do or don't accept the FAQ's answer, I personally like it, but it may not be what was intended, and I'm just further hypothesizing, and perhaps even providing support for the FAQ's explanation of Alia and Zoey's fates.

Re: I saw the FAQ explanation, and..

Well, I'm not sure what it says in the FAQ, but I'll explain it the way I interpreted it when I first saw "Revenge"...

As Zoey shot at Alia, the bullet did not hit either Alia OR Angel, because Alia completely leaped out a nanosecond before the bullet would have hit her... as the bullet passed through where her body WOULD have been, Angel then leaped in a nanosecond AFTER the bullet passed. Where the bullet actually WENT... I have no idea. Probably kept going until it stopped somewhere in the woods. For all intents and purposes, Zoey was shooting at thin air. I mean, if you really pay close attention to the scene, Alia's leap was sort of in slow-motion and the bullet passed through just after her body was completely enveloped in blue... so for that very brief nanosecond of time, there was no physical person for the bullet to hit.

Zoey, on the other hand... that's one left to speculation. I, personally, do not think she was dead. As Thames started to fade, he said "She's dying... leap her out, leap her??" followed by Lothos retrieving her "dying" body. Now, the impression most people have gotten from the first Evil Leaper episode was that Lothos has the power to give life... and take it away. Sam himself told Alia, "I watched you die!" to which she responded in fear, "It was worse than death!" I think if the series had continued, we would have seen more of Zoey and Thames... but Zoey would probably have been crippled or scarred, or something. The Virtual Seasons follow that same train of thought.

That's just my two cents on the subject...

Digging up a really old thread here, but I've got a few screen captures of the shotgun bullet passing through the empty space between leaps:

ShotgunLeap2.jpg

ShotgunLeap3.jpg

ShotgunLeap.jpg