Quantum Leap Crossovers

jassian said:
Voyagers springs to mind, does anyone remember that? Or the really old one Austin Powers was a spoof of. What was it called , Time Tunnel ? What else?

Yes, Time Tunnel, which I used to love when I was a little kid but was a really awful show! A while ago a saw a movie that they patched together out of a few episodes and it was just sooooo bad.

There was a show called Sliders that I think was about time travel, although I've never seen it. (Anyone?) Many sci-fi shows did time travel episodes, but it seems difficult to build a whole show around it.

I'm sure if anyone knew Time Tunnel well enough to write a story, a crossover with QL could be hilarious.

"Sliders" wasn't about Time Travel it was about parllel Universes and Different dimansions.

Last year NBC tried a new Time travel show named - "Journeyman". It was cancelled after 13 episodes.

Sliders I believe is a group of people switching between alternate realities. I think it was all in the present time though.

I've heard about, but admit not knowing "Dr. Who". Was that a time travel show? We could put that into the mix too.
Like a story about all those time travelers trying to set the same thing right and slapstick ensues *LOL*

angvav said:
QL / Airplane!

Don't call me Sam!!!

:lol
That is something completely different, altogether.

Sam & Al chorus "That is something completely different"

(don't remember the exact quote)

Scrubs!

Sam as JD. With Dr. Cox constantly calling JD girls' names Sam will be initially a bit disoriented. *L* he could Leap into one of JD's daydreams!
:lol

I long had an idea for a Quantum Leap?Back to the Future crossover.

Remember how in the Pilot episode Al suggests that one way of returning Sam home would be for him to be at ground zero during an Nuclear detonation?

Well the original ending to BTTF was going to be exactly that! Instead of the lighting bolt at the Clocktower, Doc and Marty have to take the Delorean to Atomic Bomb testing site.

Its a great action sequence. A common unexplored element from both series mythologies.

Avilos said:
I long had an idea for a Quantum Leap?Back to the Future crossover.

Remember how in the Pilot episode Al suggests that one way of returning Sam home would be for him to be at ground zero during an Nuclear detonation?

Well the original ending to BTTF was going to be exactly that! Instead of the lighting bolt at the Clocktower, Doc and Marty have to take the Delorean to Atomic Bomb testing site.

Its a great action sequence. A common unexplored element from both series mythologies.

*L* That would be so awesome.
We will bring you back! Back to the future!

or Sam could leap into Doc Brown, quirkiness included! :roflmao:

This probably wouldn't appeal to most of the Quantum Leap fans, but I think that a Quantum Leap/video game crossover would be fun. He could leap into, for example, Dr. Wily (see picture of the avatar on the left). Just a crazy thought, though.

I don't know Dr. Wily. But QL & Final fantasy VII ?
I'm not sure how Sam would handle the oversized sword though. I guess he could be Tifa then he'd just need to punch and kick people or Aeris, just whack people over the head with a staff and heal on occasion (don't get me wrong I love Aeris...) :) slightly off on a tangent ey?:nut :lol

jassian said:
I don't know Dr. Wily. But QL & Final fantasy VII ?
I'm not sure how Sam would handle the oversized sword though. I guess he could be Tifa then he'd just need to punch and kick people or Aeris, just whack people over the head with a staff and heal on occasion (don't get me wrong I love Aeris...) :) slightly off on a tangent ey?:nut :lol

The fun thing is that I've beaten Final Fantasy 7 twice, and could completely follow this tangent. By the way, I don't think you were a member yet, but there is a "Video Game Thread" buried somewhere in the "Off Topic Sub-Forum". Just an idea, if you wanted to revive it. ;)

Aaaah! lost my post when my browser crashed...

Anyway yep, I may. Love FF VII so much i have a sephiroth poster in my computer room and one of my dogs is called Nanaki, i rest my case :) .. almost.. I also always cry at a specific point in the story, every single time! (don't want to spoil it for people who don't know it) :p

I was also suggesting a QL/ Tron crossover
Imagine the visuals: A blue Leap glow turning into the blue glow of the tron world with red and blue light, revealing Sam in a blue glowing 'program' outfit enthusiastically greeted by a 'bit'. Would look amazing :)
for everyone who doesn't know it, here's a pic from the internet:
http://www.graphpaper.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/tron_user.jpg

Is final fantasy a game?

Sorry for the silly question :(

yep yep, it's a whole series of games, that are (usually) independent stories. Number 7 is my all time favorite :)
They're role playing games, with story & action bits.

... I think I'm gonna play it again some time soon.

Used to play D&D two yearsa go , the real version sittign around the table with friends.

Hmm QL and Lord of the Rings?
I can see Sam on a horse in the middle of a charge.. not sure how to sell it time line wise. Would be fun to have Al pop up with the books trying to research what's happening, because Ziggy's too snobby to read tolkien...

I've never played either the board game of Dungeons and Dragons, or any computer games made for the series. How about a Quantum Leap/Monk crossover. :p

I don't think I actually finished one myself.
;)
My main fun is in creating new characters and trying them out for a while.
One of my funniest was a female chaotic-evil ranger Goblin, She was nuts !

How about a tripple?
QL, Enterprise and Galaxy Quest !

What about if Sam leaps into someone that is just about to come on the Jerry Springer Show? I could just imagine him throwing chairs at people. :whip :lol