Close call on season 2 dvds

D

dante2010

Wow.. here's a story some of you might find amusing.

So I'm running low on hard drive space right now. I look at what I can delete and see that I still have all of season 2 of Quantum Leap on one drive. I think to myself.. Well since I know I'm getting the boxset for Xmas, I might as well delete these to free up some space.

Then I think.. Well I better check that they actually did release the set before I delete them. So I visit Amazon to check that the set is in fact out. Good.. I see that it is. So I preceed to read the reviews to find out what goodies are in store for me come Xmas. I am utterly shocked to read that Universal has destroyed what is my favourite scene in the entire run of the series. (that being the end of MIA)

So I head here to read if this is actually true. After reading many posts here, I see that it is.

So, I am very glad that I did not delete the shows I had previously downloaded, as they are the originally aired episodes, and have not been raped by Universal. I will be using them (probably make my own dvd set from them) whenever I need my QL fix.

I will either be returning the season 2 set on boxing day, or selling it on Ebay if I can't. I refuse to own something that has destroyed one of the best shows ever to be on TV.

Hey dante, how's the quality of the episodes you downloaded?? Maybe I should do the same thing and make DVD sets with my burner...I wonder how many episodes I can fit per disc though.

Good idea, Dante. I'm hoping that I can somehow obtain the technology to record from VCR to the computer and put my taped, uncut episodes into some kind of video format. At least then I'll always have them at my fingertips and, as you said, unraped by Universal's DVD release.

... Mike. :\

uncut, Mike's so lucky!

If you ever do, Mike, I'm serious, be prepared for me to send you as many blank DVDs as you need to..... ;)

I'm about to (as soon as my 2.0 USB port comes in) try to dupe the SciFi syndicut ones to DVD from my TiVo.

MIA

Hi DANTE, just one question , where can I find and download QL episodes ? Thank U.

season 3

Hi guys..

Just returned here as I saw season 3 boxset in a store today. So I wanted to get the low down on the music. Sadly it seems it's the same deal as season 2.

I managed to grab most of my episodes using bit torrent. It was awhile ago, and the site I used isn't even around anymore. I'm sure if you do some searching on torrent sites, you'll be able to come up with something though.