Season 2 Leap from Americanization of Machiko

P

parabolee

Why does Sam leap into the "Colour of Truth"?? An episode from the first season, surely they knew this was wrong. Was this the way it aired originally? If so why?

Because he should leap into "What Price Gloria", which he leaped into at the end of season 1 but they didn't get around to the episode for a few more episodes. Anyone know why this is?

I didn't notice this when it first aired (or at least I don't remember it).

Hi, parabolee and welcome to the board. The DVD set shows the episodes as they originally aired. In the original airings of the second season episodes, repeats were shown and in this case the repeat was "The Color Of Truth." This episode is also the originally aired leap-out for "All-Americans." Universal decided not to change this to the correct leap-outs presumably to keep the episodes unaltered (aside from the music).

Maybe a topic search option would be good for the site? This way, new members can type in a word or episode name and can see any previously answered questions or addressed topics.

The search tool is useless. I tried to search for the word "Machiko" and it came up with nothing, even AFTER I posted this topic!

This is what I figured the case was (re-runs).

Funny how they thought that changing the leaps to be correct would upset people but changing the music wouldn't.

I would have paid an extra $20 to have the correct music and leaps edited to fit in continuity.

Thanks for the welcome.

Funny how they thought that changing the leaps to be correct would upset people but changing the music wouldn't.

Well, I'm not so sure the reason they didn't change it was to not upset people, but more for the fact that it would have taken effort to make the corrections. They put effort into removing the music because it saves the company money, and naturally that seems to be the priority. Besides, the people in charge of the Quantum Leap DVDs don't exactly strike me as fans of the show. If that's the case, they wouldn't care about making corrections anyway.