Yet another S2 DVD problem...

D

Dman176

Don't know if anyone else noticed THIS one yet. I was watching the first disc and the last episode was "Jimmy"; now, I have this episode on VHS from when Universal officially released a batch of cassettes a number of years back, so this is one of the few 1st/2nd season episodes that I've seen uncut and in its original form. As soon as I heard the leap-in, something sounded a bit different. Sam's voice during the VO sounded slightly deeper than usual, and the "Jimmy" theme also sounded a tiny bit distorted. My suspicion was confirmed when the actual QL theme played during the opening credits. The audio for the entire episode from start to finish is "off" ever so slightly... so slightly that it probably will not bother everyone. But it REALLY bothers me! The best way to explain it is when a film projector's speed plays a film at a slightly lower speed. Voices and music are a bit deeper than they're supposed to be. As I said, this may not bother everyone, but I couldn't even watch it.

This kind of problem has me convinced now that whoever was in charge of this screwed up big-time. There was absolutely no quality control for this DVD set whatsoever. This is unacceptable to me. I would never, EVER, let something like this happen if I was in charge of a project. Granted, I tend to be a perfectionist, but all the more reason why people like myself need to be the ones to work on this kind of stuff. This is a major disgrace and disrespect to the QL fans.

I guess you're right. It sounds a bit deeper. But it's hard for me to tell because I don't have any tapes to confirm and I have to switch between the DVD episodes.