Quantum Leap Hiccups

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
So guys, what are some Ql lines or moments that make you laugh really hard.

In Future Boy, i laughed histerically at the Scrubo commercial, where Sam had to be in that huge sponge custume.

In Star Light Star Bright when Al was telling Sam about Maxwell in the waiting room and said this line
"You wanna know what he says to me, 'take me to your leader', so i turned him over to Gushi, said he was the king of the planet halatosis"

And at Sam in the carmon meranda outfit, in Miss Deep South.

oh and the vampire jokes in Blood Moon.

I laughed so hard at these moments that i was afriad my mom would come in my room and bust me, but she never did, hehe.

Al singing the song in the mental hospital.

Al: You were in college at 16 - you were a meganerd!

Al: Gag me with a spoon!

"If Papa were alive, he'd die!"

Oh yeah i love the MegaNerd line lol.

when did he say "gag me with a spoon?"

and what was "if papa were alive he'd die" come from, it sounds familiar, i just need my memory jogged.

Quantum Leap has some great humor throughout the entire series, which is just another example of its quality. A few moments for me off the top of my head were:

Al: "...My first...third...and fifth wife.."
Sam: "How odd."
Al: "Very funny, Sam." ── "Honeymoon Express"

Sam: "It's dangerous out there."
Diana: "You want me to protect you?" ── "Private Dancer"

oh yeah speaking of Honeymoon Express, a line that cracked me up big time from there although the particualr moment was in all seriousness:

Sam: if they shut down the project, you won't be able to communicate with me anymore

Al: i was thinking of trying a couple of tin cans and a string.

and another one that cracked me up is in Running for Honor when Sam gave the admirals daughter a kiss goodbye on the cheek and Al goes
"oh boo, boo!"

lol.

Last edited:
who could forget one of the early quotes

Al: you're part of a time travel experiment that went .. a little kaka

Sam: a little kaka?

These ones crack me up every time.

From The Last Gunfighter, when Sam is drunk and it's clear that SB and DS are just barely getting through the scene without laughing:

Al: Yeah, most of those gunfights were really ambushes.
Sam (shocked, raising eyebrows): Ambushes? Ambush- well, I'd better go see if there's any bullets in the house!

From Song for the Soul: "Damn, Cheree, you dance like a white girl!

From Moments to Live:

Sam: She wants me to help her to have a baby.
Al: Oh, is she pregnant?
Sam (in an ironic sing-song voice): Not yet...

ian2k6 said:
who could forget one of the early quotes

Al: you're part of a time travel experiment that went .. a little kaka

Sam: a little kaka?

yeah i love Sam's expression when hes like
"A little caca, how a little caca!?"

and i love What Price Gloria when Sam has to take off his high heels to run across the street to meet gloria at the bus, and when he gets there he's putting them back on when she says
"No Stockings, you're such a bohemion"

and in Future Boy
"Let me guess, you were invited to a custume party and you're going as a baked potato!"

and also

"You look nice"
"Yeah well, the court thought i should look more..."
"Grown up?"
"No boring!"

Song for the Soul:

"Man Cheree, i think we need to take you to the hospital you must have lost some of your memory when you bumped your head, we're going the wrong way, you live that way!"
"I think that bump on the head made her song kinda super girl" *mimics Sam's flying noodle kick*

and
"Well what do you know?"
"Well what do you know what?"
"Ahhh well what do you know, you still have this old picture of us"
"Good one Sam"
"Old, i just developed that today"
"Not so good one Sam"

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Oh yeah i love the MegaNerd line lol.

when did he say "gag me with a spoon?"

That's from "Memphis Melody" when Sam leaped into Elvis.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
....what was "if papa were alive he'd die" come from, it sounds familiar, i just need my memory jogged.

It's from "So Help Me God". Sam leaped into Leonard Dancy defending Lila. It was Leonard's wife, Shugey who said, "If Papa was alive, he'd die!" That was sooo funny!

Eleiece

Wow.
All this stuff is hilarious!
Like in the first episode:
Al: Most of what your going to want to know is restricted, so it'd be best if you didnt ask alot of questions.
Sam: What are you?
Al: Thats a question, Sam.
&
Al: Your best shot is frezzing the braind untill all the electricity has seced.
Sam: Thats called "Death".
Al: I never said it would be easy.
Lol. I love that!

*Al'sChick*

how 'bout this:
(it's ironic since i am a white woman and all...who dances pretty well for no formal training the past 23 years but only for those friends who care)
man, cheree you dance like some white girl.
(when sam's attempting to dance the mashed potato it cracks me up 'cause scott is so cute but doesn't dance all that well, see private dancer)

oh i love the "thats called death" line too lol.
and i also love from Memphus Meloday how Al's tone is when he says

"now HeartBreak Hotel is done by the Monkeys"

"Tony Orlando and Dawn, ugh! Gag me with a spoon!" and and makes a gag motion with his finger, lol.

Last edited:
"Tony Orlando and Dawn, ugh! Gag me with a spoon!"

(Haven't seen the episode in years, but I still to this day remember that line!)

I like the Gag me with a spoon line myself, but my favorite lines are fgrom Freedom. And they are delivered by Kenu

Sam: Kenu, "I'll take you to the reservation, but when we get there you've got to see a Doctor."
Kenu: "Ok, But I don't know if I can help him."

(Sam, Al and Kenu are in a cave by a small fire)

Kenu: "And stop trying to make me hang on to my old skin, Ok?"
Sam: "Ok"
Kenu: "Now, if we only had some hot dogs."

And my personal favorite line from the series;

Kenu: "George, Are you going to scalp him?"
Sam: "No."
Kenu: "Oh, too bad. If ever a man deserved scalping, he does."

Kenu: "It's going to take a whole Passel of husbands to handle a woman that Stubborn."
Kenu:

I've been thinking about it for several days now, and I think I have come up with an answer. This was especially difficult considering I don't have my DVDs with me right now. (They are being lent to a friend, and I can't use them for reference.) But I think my favorite line is spoken in It's a Wonderful Leap. Al pops in right in front of the cab Sam is driving. Sam slams on the brakes to avoid hitting him, but the cab goes right through Al anyway. Al's response: "Oh, 'I brake for holograms' huh?" :roflmao:

lol i love that line, and i also love

"Yeah there must be a lot of sweets in heaven!"
"You never gonna get there, so you never gonna know!"
*Al jerks around*
"What! why not!"
"There's a dress code!"

Angela is just a halarious charactor.

ok, my mom and i always crack up laughing about private dancer seeing scott dance 'cause we think he's awful! we have all the rights to our own opinions though.

of course we are, but i dont think its very nice to laugh at someone for being awful at something.

lets please stay on topic though, i am one very agianst online arguements. :p

I'm no dancer, so I probably don't speak from any position of authority, but to my mind Scott is a fabulous dancer - Sam on the other hand is supposed to be just an average dancer.

As someone said above, when Scott filmed Private Dancer he was still suffering from his injured foot - so if his performance was less than spectacular, he had every excuse.

Everyone is most certainly entitled to their own opinion - as for me, given half a chance to join Scott in that sexy tango in Sea Bride, and I'd be there like a shot! IMHO - the man can dance!

:drool

as for me, given half a chance to join Scott in that sexy tango in Sea Bride, and I'd be there like a shot!
*LOL* I think there'd be a line for that. I don't dance - at all - two left feet wouldn't even come close to describing it. For a chance to dance that Tango with Scott I'd learned darned fast.

i would try to be first in that line, hehe.
and well, i can't dance worth nuts, except my own freaky moves that make people laugh, but i think with Scott leading, no one would even notice me :p

oh another line that i totally forgot about until tonight when my best friend were talking was in Play Ball when the team was getting on the bus and the coach was talking to the spanish guys with the guitars and says

"Do you understand me? there is no roomo on the el buso for el guitaros"
lololol.

my best friend and i wonder why Sam didnt correct him cuz he knows spanish, but we think he probably just forgot agian after All Americans.

but that line cracks me up.

Thought of another one. In Southern Comforts, Al pops in right after the girls finish giving Sam his birthday gifts. With a goofy grin Al says, (and I apologize for the word; this is a direct quote) "Did I miss a party? Damn." I think it's the goofy grin that's so funny to me.

yeah i love that line, and i also love

"Ah Sam i think i'm going go ustairs and do a little exploring *chuckle* wanna come?"

*Sam feels the leap coming*
Sam: i don't think so
Al: what! oh no, no don't leap no!
*Sam nods with a big grin and leaps*

lol.

Or on "Good Morning, Peoria" :

*Al begins to light up like Sam before a leap*
Al: Sam, Im gonna leap! Im leaping!
Sam: Al, youre not leaping! Youre just standing to close to the intina. Move over.
*The light around Al fades*
Al: Oh darn it!

Lol. I <3 that one!

*Al'sChick*

Let's see... Wow, there are just so many of them! I'm trying to think of some that haven't already been mentioned. These are just a few of the moments that always set me off.

The Leap Back - Sam's comment in the cafe: "If a pound of butter is all it takes, I got me a dairy farm-" It's just so un-Sam-like that it makes me laugh, and Sam's reaction afterward when he realizes just how dirty Al's mind really is is excellent.

Curse of Ptah-Hotep - Not exactly a humorous episode, which is probably why I found this so funny. I always laugh when Sam and the archeologist are trapped, and Al tells his buddy to stay calm, and then screams when he hears tapping on the stone. Al's supposed to be this tough-as-nails Navy admiral who's been through hell, but get him around anything the least bit supernatural...

8 1/2 Months - Okay, this entire episode tends to have me in tears, but there's one moment that always strikes me as particularly funny. It's the scene where Dottie has to take Sam to the hospital, and she backs into her shop's sign with her car. Sam, despite being in agony, asks if she wants him to drive - never mind the fact that he hadn't even been able to get into the car without her help! I think it cracked me up because it reminds me of something that my Dad or brother would do... It seemed like a really male thing to do, despite the situation.

*Al'sChick* said:
Or on "Good Morning, Peoria" :

*Al begins to light up like Sam before a leap*
Al: Sam, Im gonna leap! Im leaping!
Sam: Al, youre not leaping! Youre just standing to close to the intina. Move over.
*The light around Al fades*
Al: Oh darn it!

Lol. I <3 that one!

*Al'sChick*

i love that quote too but its:

Al: Hey Sam look, i'm...i'm leaping!
Sam: NO you're not leaping, you're standing to close to the antenna, move back....go on move back.

*Al steps back and the glow disappears*
AL: rats!

sorry I just like correcting lines when i know them, hehe.

and some lines from 8 1/2 months that crack me up are

Sam: I felt Billy Jeans baby kick, here
Al: Gas.
Sam: what?
Al: you probably just felt gas from eating this junk.

Dottie: Effie, i told you to get the tire not manufature it!

Al: Sam you are not having contractions, it impossible!
Sam: go to hell!
Nurse: now you just watch your language young lady!

Sam: Why don't you let me drive *groans from contraction*
Dottie: because you're busy!

and last but not least my best friend and i love when Keeter shoots his arm out with a beer in hand towards Sam, and right through Al, and Al dabs his cigar in the opening of the beer bottle, hehe.