QL Reference in How I Met Your Mother

Al's Handlink

Project QL Intern
Mar 18, 2004
Bristol, Connecticut
In tonights episode of How I Met Your Mother, There was a HUGE Quantum Leap reference.

Marshall and Lily are hiding in the Bathroom to allow their roommate Ted some alone time with his girlfriend. Then Lily ends up having to go to the bathroom and this scene played out:

Marshall: "How much longer do you think you can hold it?"
Lily: "I drank a Big Gulp of Mountain Dew during that Quantum Leap Marathon."
Marshall: "Oh Boy."

Thought you all would get a kick out of that

Ha! That's great. It's nice to know the show seems to be getting references recently. Who stars in the show again? I heard about it but completely forgot who is in it.

Yeah, the reference caught me completely off guard. I was going to watch it and then I had to go to staples for a little while and I set my DVR up to tape it. It is only the third episode I have ever seen of it. And I was like , YES

I'm sorry I missed it... I miss way too much by going to work. It's good to know that QL is still being referenced even now!

Mountain Dew and a QL marathon... that sounds like a normal weekend for me.

LadyKayoss said:
Mountain Dew and a QL marathon... that sounds like a normal weekend for me.

Haha, same for me...except with Diet Coke. If I ever have a day or weekend to myself, that's so what I'm gonna do. Drive to the CVS down the street the day before and buy a 12 pack of DC, and fridge it overnight. The thing would be gone by MIA. What's also funny, there IS a Quantum Leap marathon in two days....

Samantha Beckett

tina_als_girl said:
That's especially funny since Neil actually guest-starred on QL.

Joy

Wow, Joy, I never even put two and two together there. I completely forgot NPH guested in Revenge of the Evil Leaper part 1

Haha, same for me...except with Diet Coke. If I ever have a day or weekend to myself, that's so what I'm gonna do. Drive to the CVS down the street the day before and buy a 12 pack of DC, and fridge it overnight. The thing would be gone by MIA. What's also funny, there IS a Quantum Leap marathon in two days....

Claire, Better get it now

Al's Handlink said:
Wow, Joy, I never even put two and two together there. I completely forgot NPH guested in Revenge of the Evil Leaper part 1

I forgot that too! That adds to the niftiness of it all!

Al's Handlink said:
Claire, Better get it now

It's be gone by Thursday between my and my dad's Diet Coke addiction. :lol

Samantha Beckett

Last night on Futurama, It was the episode "Mothers Day" It included a scene when Fry was about to open a can of soup named Quantum Leap. There is a screen capture on the sight of the scene

Attachments

• futurama_quantumleaksoup.jpg
    futurama_quantumleaksoup.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 53
I saw that too! It's fun to see those references!

I saw two in MASH the other day (more like QL moments since MASH came out before). It was the episode where Hawkeye decides to bill the Army for sevices rendered, and he ends up stealing a jeep. The army send someone to investigate it all, and who do they send? Captain Galaxy! It was the actor who would eventually play Moe Stein. The other was during that last few minutes of the episode, Hawkeye was thanking BJ for helping him with something. Hawk says, "I didn't think you swung at windmills, Sancho!":D

Samantha Beckett