a few questions about mirror image

Alan

Project QL Intern
hi im new to this forum so forgive me if im a little dim to start with
i would like to ask a few questions and ask for oppinions also
i just recently watched the last ever episode of quantum leap (mirror image) although i enjoyed the episode i thought it was quite sad and a bit unfair that al got to to go home to be with beth but sam was destined to leap forever.
also if al has got to go home does that mean that sam has no holographic al to keep him informed about every new leap?

alan

No episode left us with more questions than that one.

You may want to do a Search for 'Mirror Image' if you don't get the response you're hoping for here.

asearcher said:
Alan:

Since that was the last official episode, nobody really knows. Bellasario made a statement at a Leapcon that Sam and Al were destined to meet so it is possible (even likely) that Al was there for him on Project Quantum leap even with him being with Beth. This is certainly the direction taken with the Virtual Season's universe but is not the direction taken with all other Fanfiction, some of which goes in rather different directions.

Bellasario also makes the statement on the QL CD (in the cover art message) that Sam is still out there but he makes no reference to how (with Al/without, as himself/still leaping into others, with PQL/without, etc.) All that is "known" as of 5/5/93 is that "Dr. Sam Beckett Never Returned Home." That was the "reality" as of that day and until more QL is officially created (such as in a new movie, TV show, or even Bellasario (or whoever holds the copywrite on the characters) telling us something different, that is where it stands.

How we as fans interpret this is open to debate (and you'll find LOT's of incredible concepts in regards to personal interpretations on this forum). Nobody is wrong and nobody has a corner on being right. As long as a person or group keeps the basic QL "reality" continuity, it is just our interpretation. If you get into the Virtual Seasons, you have a storyline built on group agreed upon canons from after Mirror Image, but like any fictional alternative universe, they are only "reality" within that construct.

I know you were looking for definitive answers but the bottom line is, there are none. That's at least a good part of what fuels the QL fan community. We want answers and we'd like to have more QL...12+ years is a long time to wait. Until then, we'll just have to continue to create it for ourselves (BTW, if you haven't checked out the Virtual Seasons, I highly suggest them. It took me 5.5 months but I finally caught up on the storys...now I just look forward to them like everyone else!)

Have fun on your continued leaping!

very well put asearcher. ;)