Had a change of plans, need a roommate

MO

Project QL Intern
Apr 13, 2008
In a tin can in the countryside
I need a roommate, please!

Due to changes in plans beyond my control, I will need to find a roommate at the con hotel for Wednesday night - Sunday night. I am planning on flying to LA (the driving trip with my husband is canceled, and he'll be staying at home [not his fault]). I plan to get there sometime Wednesday, and then fly out sometime on Monday.

I am willing to change rooms to fit other people's schedules. For instance, if Person A will only be there from Friday night through Sunday night, but Person 2 will be there from Tuesday night through Sunday night, but only has an opening in their room on Wednesday and Thursday nights, I'm willing to swap around. Whatever works.

If you want to reply here, or in my PM box, I'll make sure it's empty. Again, whatever works. I am not hard to get along with.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Chicken Boo, I am in need of a room mate from Friday to Sunday night. Arriving Friday evening, checking out Monday morning. Have you booked the room already?

Judith.

I have not yet booked the room. I didn't know if I needed to book it, or wait until someone responded, who already has a room booked. I'll go ahead and book it, if you want me to.

Roomies

Done and dusted!
Coming from the bottom of Australia, it's a relief to know in advance that I won't be out on the street.:cheers

Brian,
It seems that a person might sign up to be a third in the room... but that doesn't necessarily mean they will have a bed to sleep on it.

I teamed up with 2 guys & I registered their names at the hotel & we know the costs & all but lately we found out that the third person is suppose to sleep on a roll-away bed & the hotel cannot automatically promise that one would be provided upon our arrival.

There is a strong possibilty that my third (who is only due on Friday..) might not have a bed to sleep on.

Did you guys know this might be the case?
we've tried to talk to the hotel & although the lady in reservatiuons is very nice... we had no success.
Maybe you can do something about this thing?
Same goes, of course, for the fourth person in the room.

Vered

My initial reservation was for a single king size bed. Then, When I started to team up with my rommies, I consulted the hotel lady & told her we'd be 3 people, so SHE changed it to 2 queen size beds & said there's a roll-away bed (before I gave my final OK, btw). Only recently, however, did she mentioned that we don't automatically get the roll-away bed - only if in stock when we get there, since there is a limited number of beds.
I feel bad for the third person, since he's the last to come in & he might not have a bed (& then, btw, why should we pay the extra money for the third person in the room).
The third person has accepted this matter & said he'd bring an air matress, but I still don't like this...