Quantum leap a leap between the towers part 2

John64

Project QL Intern
Mar 20, 2018
Quantum leap a leap between the towers

Part two

After a few more taps on the hand link the imaging chamber door closes behind Al. Al wearing his classic silver jacket.

And Al finds Sam holding a gun and pointing his weapon in a police shooting range.

"Sam! gooshie I've got him!"

Sam looks at Al and says

"Al thank goodness you've arrived."

Sam lowers his gun and looks at Al and Al says

"Sam keep practicing we can talk as you shoot."

Sam aims his weapon back at the paper target and shoots the target in front of him. Hitting the chest area of the paper.

"Al it was horrible I saw buildings on fire and there was panic everywhere in the street. Everyone was running for there lives it was like a picture of hell it was horrible. "

"I know buddy OK it's June 11 2001 and you're leaped into Jacob masterson and three months from now two planes will hit the world trade centre in New York."

"I know Al I was just there 3 months from now was just now why did I leap out Al? Before I could do anything?"

"I don't know Sam but me and ziggy we are both doing over time on this now."

"Al this is like Lee Harvey oswald all over again"

"your not merging with Jacob are you?"

"no I don't think so"

"thank goodness"

Sam shoots a few more rounds at the police target. Hitting the head and lower chest areas.

Sam takes a deep breath and says looking nervous

"Al can you please go back and find out why am here?"

"the problem Sam is ziggys not talking"

"what do you mean ziggys not talking?"

A another officer enters the room and says "Jacob are you alright?"

Sam looks behind him and says

"yes sorry, sorry I am just practicing stuff? You know when I arrest people you know go through the remain silent speech."

"OK?"

The officer looks at Sam oddly and leaves the room.

"Al what do you mean she's not talking?" saying it to Al quitey

Al taps the handlink with it flashing

"since your leaped into Jacob it's like she is afraid to say anything just incase she's wrong maybe I surpose."

Al taps the handlink and shanks it saying "you useless pile of gummy bears"

The handlink groans with als touch.

"Al I don't care what you have to do even if you have to take ziggy apart and put her back together again I need answers now because I could leap again."

"that's possible OK ill go back and run some possiblys through ziggy."

Al taps the handlink and he steps into the white looking door and he says before the door closes behind him

"Sam hang in there Sam"

And he disappears....

Suddenly a blue light flashes over sam and Sam finds himself running towards a woman who is trapped under rumble blood stained clothing he looks above and smoke is raising again from the towers.

Sam lifts the rumble saying

"don't worry everything is going to be OK"

A fire fighter joins sam and they're both lift the heavy rumble and to there joy it lifts and more fight fighters join the scene lifting the rumble together helping with the lift and Sam reaches the poor lady and says

"quickly grab my arm I'll pull you out"

She grabs it and Sam pulls the lady out from under the wreak and rumble of the falling buildings and Sam puts his arms around her and starts to help her get up and away from the scene Sams face Sweating and hands black as coal and black marks on his face they both start running away from the towers and suddenly a loud bang is heard above them and suddenly blue light flashes again.

And Sam knocks over a cup of coffee his drinking....

Al walks back into the control room and is in front of ziggy and says

"ziggy why are you not talking to me"

To als surprise ziggy says

"Dr beckett..... Dr beckett.... Beckett.... Twin towers......." And her voice dies over the speaker and ziggys interface shuts down and the time machine equipment shuts down and leaves both Al and gooshie in the dark

Al looks at gooshie and says out loud looking shocked "oh boy"

End of part two