Hello, I'm wondering...

Where to put...

This is my opinion based on having spent a good deal of time here at Al's Place. If the webmaster or admins feel anything is incorrect or inappropriate, please let me know.

As the primary focus of Al's Place is Quantum Leap, the appropriate place to place pictures of Scott or Dean would be off topic. It is an easy "Leap" to appreciate the actors from the characters. However, Al's Place is not specifically about the actors but rather the show. Thus, off topic is the appropriate location for actor specific appreciation.

As a Bakula fan (primarily...although I really appreciate Stockwell too), I tend to check out the other Bakula (or related) sites on a regular basis. If I find something I believe might interest the Al's Place crowd relating to him, I put it in Off Topic. If it is Scott as related to the QL Community specifically...that is another situation.

For instance...if you have a picture that was developed from a "Sam" picture, it would be appropriate to place it in either QL General Discussion or even Character Discusssion. However, if it is Scott as himself or a different role, then Off Topic.

We do have a place for fanfiction. Perhaps a place to place fan inspired audio/visual arts would be equally as valuable. That is for our Webmaster, Brian to decide.

Hmm, you make a very good point Helen and I do agree, however arn't the actors related to the show because they are the stars? So in a way they could put their drawing in eaither off topic or general discussion.

That all sounds good, actually. Helen, you're right - I chose to make Al's Place basically just for Quantum Leap and not for Scott or Dean. While I of course loved their performances from the series, I made the website as a tribute to the actual series, not the actors. There are some really great Scott and Dean sites out there (I have links on the Leaping Links page here on the website) and I highly recommend checking them out! (I do on many the occasion) :) Scott Bakula screencaps is a great source for photos from the series!

Feel free to post your pictures here as you please. I'm looking forward to seeing them as well!