I've just leaped in!!!

Bexter

Project QL Intern
Mar 13, 2007
Western Australia
www.myspace.com
Hi All
Have just started watching Quantum Leap for the first time and up to Series 2, 3rd episode. I would be further ahead but I lost the remote for the DVD player for a month AAARRGGGHHH!! I had never ever heard of it before but am into star trek and a friend who'd about 10 years older than me kept talking about it so thought I start watching it and I love it. I think I had other things on my mind when it was orginally on TV. Anyway am just finding my way around this site which I think is great. I look forward to checking it out more thoroughly inbetween kids, work, housework, hubby, dog etc etc.... Hmmm you may not see me around much, but I'll try!!!
Bexter
:angel

Welcome to the Board!

Funny thing, a lot of our members are Star Trek Fans aswell (maybe because of good ol' Captain Parting - Scott Bakula - being in Enterprise, or you know, magic or something...)

Welcome from the resident :wacko Brit.

I know only too well how the dreaded 'real life' can intrude upon QL fandom.
We look forward to hearing from you, whenever you manage to drop in.

Welcome! I too once had trouble finding my remote, but fortunately,my cousins have a PlayStation2, so after fathoming out the DVD controls for it, I could watch it on that. But it's great to have you here on the community with us.

Correction

Actually I'm up to Series 3, not 2. It's been so long since I started watching it (having lost the remote and all) that I lost track. I really love this site, thanks for the welcome

Hi NF, just thinking, when you say voyagers you don't mean star trek voyager do you? which is what I meant, I don't think I've heard of any other show called voyagers? But thats probably an age/location thing. What does PA stand for? Not sure of American locations being an aussie.
I just watched ep 4 on season 3 last night, it was the one where sam helps the model not have an overdose, was a little dull, but I think Leap Home 2 was so good (especially the end) that the next few eps probably do seem a little dull in comparison. I did like the priest one though.
Bexter

Captain Parting?

Why Capt Parting? I did think he was pretty good on Enterprise, I love that there was no prime directive, so they could stuff things up. They were just so righteous on TNG, it got a bit boring. The Enterprise crew were just so the teenagers of space travel. :smokin

Enterprise said:
Welcome to the Board!

Funny thing, a lot of our members are Star Trek Fans aswell (maybe because of good ol' Captain Parting - Scott Bakula - being in Enterprise, or you know, magic or something...)

Bexter said:
Hi NF, just thinking, when you say voyagers you don't mean star trek voyager do you? which is what I meant, I don't think I've heard of any other show called voyagers? But thats probably an age/location thing. What does PA stand for? Not sure of American locations being an aussie.
Bexter

Hello again- I believe Snish answered your question about PA (Pennsylvania located in the Northeast region of the USA and Hershey is the Chocolate Capitol of the world located in South Central PA). About your other question... I was referring to Voyagers! which was another US time travel show which aired in 1982. It only lasted 20 episodes (1 season) and a year or so later the star was killed on the set of his next television series. I never really got in to Star Trek except for the original series which I am old enough to have watched on first run in the mid 1960's. Sounds like we are viewing Quantum Leap at about the same pace. Enjoy! :D

Voyages

If it was a time travel show, I'd have loved it!!! Looks like another show I'll have to book through bigpond movies, I'll probably fall in love with that one too, like I have QL. Enjoy your snow storm, we have just come out of a very very very hot few weeks. The hottest we got here was 46c thats c not f. Hooray for airconditioning. It was so hot even the plauge proportion kangaroos vanished, I guess the bunkered down under a cool bush somewhere.