Old 02-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #51
ziggysego
Observer's Aid

I'm only kidding fellow leapers hehe
Old 02-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #52
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

You forgot to thank me - the person who told you all about it! LOL!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #53
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

How's this, Thanks to any and all persons involved in my ability to see this clip on the site.

That should cover it. LOL
Al's Handlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #54
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al's Handlink
How's this, Thanks to any and all persons involved in my ability to see this clip on the site.

That should cover it. LOL
HAHA, yeah...what he said

Samantha Beckett
Old 02-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #55
MikeKraken
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsplacebartender
Which season was that in? I can rent the disc and put it on the site. Let me know!

Opps... I just checked and it only aired a couple weeks ago. If anyone has it, send it to me! Otherwise... we'll have to wait for the DVD to be released

Brian, I have been trying to make a clip for you, actually... on Thursday I was playing around with Adobe Premiere and managed to get the clip from the episode... but I don't know how to export it properly. When I did, the sound was all off.

Would you like for me to send you the entire episode somehow? My friend Wayne (some of you may remember him with the screen-name Quantum Leaf from the QL-RPG) told me about it when he saw the episode and I immediately went to download it... it is quite hilarious!

I'll try my hand at Premiere again, but considering how crappy my computer is and I've basically forgotten how to use the program, I probably won't have much luck.

... Mike. ^_^
(post #60)

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students." -Hector Berlioz-

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -Mark Twain-
MikeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #56
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Mike,

I have both episodes now if that's what you meant. They are here: http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/...amilyguyQL.htm

Did you have something else?

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #57
MikeKraken
Observer's Aid

Well, now that I've read the entire thread (and visited the link), I see that Dermy has already supplied you with the episode and you've extracted the clip...

Too little, too late, I guess!

... Mike. ^_^
(post #61)

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students." -Hector Berlioz-

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -Mark Twain-
MikeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #58
Quantum Leaper
PQL Visitor

Smile RE: Family Guy Quantum Leap crossover

I love "Family Guy" too. I love it when they make reference to my favorite shows. I hope they make another reference to QL. Perhaps Sam leaps into Stewie to prevent the destruction of the world.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #59
ziggysego
Observer's Aid

Oh there will be other QL references. Both times, they worked really well on Family Guy. There are so many other ways in which it could be used in the story. Such as Quantum Leaper has stated above.

One I'd like to see, would be cross-over been Quantum Leap and Heaven Can Wait. Prehaps have Sam leap into Peter to get him into shape
Old 03-22-2006, 03:41 AM   #60
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Na, I think when the gag is unexpected and subtle it's a lot funnier. When you watch the clip with the Imaging Chamber door open on the right of screen, you don't expect it (well at least you don't when you watch it the first time) and it makes it funnier because you get shock value.

The same with the mormon clip - Peter's talking and you're thinking "hmmm this sounds familiar" until the pin finally drops, and by that time you've got the Jesus leaping scene which makes you laugh.

Shock value is the way to go if they have any more QL crossovers. I don't think they could actually have a situation where Quantum Leap affects the actual plot.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:47 AM   #61
MrVestek
Imaging Chamber Technician

Yep, Limewire is a sure fire way to bloat out your system and get infected with both viruses and various other forms of malware. Try a bittorrent client like BitComet and then get the eps from a site like www.bitenova.org

But erh... you didn't hear from me ok? :P
Old 11-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #62
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

I recently saw another Family Guy QL crossover.

It is in the episode "Road to the Multiverse", where Stewie and Brian travel to several different parallel universes.

Unfortunately, the device they are using goes on the blink, and they are unable to get back to their own universe.

Towards the end, Stewie says "I just hope this leap... will be the leap home..."
Old 11-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #63
tina_als_girl
PQL Security Staff

LOL. "Road to the Multiverse" was hilariously awesome. Forgot about that little QL quip. Probably because I just keep thinking about the amazingly funny "Disney" bit.

Joy

tina_als_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #64
ohboy
Junior Leaper

I didn't even know that we had a thread for this. I saw that episode as well, and I agree that it was hilarious. I actually stopped and asked myself "did they just make another Quantum Leap reference?"

I also agree that the Disney part was one of the best parts.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #65
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Default Link

http://www.watch-family-guy-online.c...he-multiverse/
Old 11-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #66
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Gotta love Family Guy! I giggled hysterically during the multiverse episode.
--The Highway Man
Errowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #67
Al_Calavicci
Control Room Technician

The Al bit was funny!
I wish Family Guy would stick to stuff like this instead of just trying to shock its audience with tasteless sodomy,incest and bathroom jokes.
At times the show can be very clever and satirical,but I can honestly live without all sick for the sake of being sick stuff.

Last edited by Al_Calavicci; 12-04-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Al_Calavicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #68
Al_Calavicci
Control Room Technician

I read somewhere that Chris Ware creator of "Jimmy Corrigan,the smartest kid on Earth" threatened Seth MacFarlane with a lawsuit alleging he stole the idea of Stewie from him.
The resemblance is remarkable.
If this link works you should be able to click on it and see what Jimmy Corrigan looks like.

Last edited by Al_Calavicci; 11-16-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Al_Calavicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #69
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

More QL on Family Guy!

In the Season 9 Episode "Friends of Peter G.", Peter dies in a car accident he caused by drink-driving. Death appears and says that he can give Peter a second chance, but has to show Peter what his life will be like if he remains a drunk, and also what his life would have been like if he'd never touched a drop.

Each transition looks suspiciously like a certain Quantum Leaping effect
Old 02-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #70
Bexter
Observer's Aid

Oh how cool, I wish I'd seen that

Bexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #71
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
Oh how cool, I wish I'd seen that
http://www.watch-family-guy-online.c...ds-of-peter-g/

Choose a link, any link :P
Old 11-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #72
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Yet another Quantum Leap reference on Family Guy

On the most recent episode "Back to the Pilot", Brian tells Stewie that he found the most awesome thing in the world in the back yard... A tennis ball. He also tells Stewie that he had one many years ago but that he buried it and couldn't remember where. Since he knew the date he buried it, Stewie and Brian use Stewie's time machine to travel back to that date, to discover where Brian had buried it.

The date they travel to is the same date as the pilot episode of the series. Anyway, they find where Brian buries the tennis ball, and Brian is about to dig it up, when Stewie warns him that even the tiniest change could alter the future in unimaginable ways. Brian asks what TV show Stewie learnt that from, Stewie says "Quantum Leap..." to which Brian replies "What he HELL! That guy changed history all the time!" HAHAHA

Actually quite an entertaining episode
Old 11-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #73
Trinity
Waiting Room Visitor

Normally, I would NEVER watch a clip from Family Guy, but I HAD to see these! I didn't know that Quantum Leap was mentioned anymore, guess I'll have to start paying real close attention. Thanks, I learned a lot, and just from reading out of 1 thread!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #74
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

For those of you just joining us, here is a list of all the clips from Family Guy referencing Quantum Leap that we know of...

Series 2 "If I'm Dyin', I'm Lyin'": In a cutaway scene which shows a terminally ill child living out his dream of being on Hollywood Squares, the host asks him "What is below Absolute Zero?" to which the child replies "My white blood cell count...", and Scott Bakula is the first celebrity to have a close up laughing.

Series 3 "The Kiss Seen Around the World": In a near-death experience, Meg Griffin has kissed Neil Goldman. The next day, Neil has spread that he and Meg are now a couple, to which Meg is shocked and appalled. The Imaging Chamber door opens next to Neil and Al Callavici steps out, and when asked, informs "Neil" that he hasn't leapt because Meg doesn't love Neil yet.

Series 5 "The Father, the Son and the Holy Fonz": Peter Griffin has abandoned Christianity and is trying to find a religion that fits. As a Jehovah's Witness, he goes door knocking to spread the word of the miracle of Jesus Christ. When one man asks him to explain, we find that Peter does not actually know anything and instead makes up a story about how Jesus "went from place to place, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home", and a cutaway scene of Jesus Quantum Leaping...

Series 8 "Road to the Multiverse": Stewie and Brian are exploring parallel universes, but are unable to get back to their own universe due to the returning device not functioning properly. Each transition to a different universe looks like the Quantum Leaping effect, and when they believe they have fixed the returning device, Stewie states that he hopes "this next leap, will be the leap home..."

Series 9 "Friends of Peter G": Death has arrived to show Peter what his life will be like if he continues drinking and what his life will be like if he stops drinking. Each transition has a Quantum Leap effect.

Series 10 "Back to the Pilot": Brian and Stewie have travelled back to 1999 in order to discover where Brian buried a tennis ball. Stewie warns Brian not to do anything that could alter the future, as it could be dangerous. Brian asks where he learnt that from, and Stewie replies "Quantum Leap". Brian's reaction is "What the HELL?! That guy changed history all the time!"

If anyone would like to create clips of these episodes to put in our library, I'm sure it would be very much appreciated
Old 01-06-2014, 05:13 AM   #75
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

A couple more Quantum Leap references on Family Guy:

Stewie's appearance at Chris and Vanessa Griffin's wedding in Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story also resembles the typical "leap" effect.

In "Burning Down the Bayit", Quagmire looking in the mirror and seeing another person, this being Scott Bakula is a reference to Quantum Leap in which his character looks in the mirror and sees his host, another person.

Quantum Leap is parodied as Quantum Creep in "Vestigial Peter" when Sam arrives in 1972 and decides to show his penis to some kids.

And also a very un-funny reference on American Dad, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQptsms8bM