I'm new w/a few questions...

P

PMcOuntry

Hi, I'm new here. I rented the QL season 1 and loved it, several of those I never saw!

1st, the promised bonus materials; ie deleted scenes, etc. weren't there, anyone know why?

2nd, What was the big deal w/Play It Again Saymore being on the DVD? I didn't discover the show until it was played as Re-Runs, so what am I missing?

Patricia

Hi Patricia, and Welcome to the Board!!!

The "deleted scenes" you are referring to are, I believe, incorporated into the episodes....as anything seen after first-run on NBC was subject to "syndicuts"--which chopped bits deemed not vital to advancement of the plot to make room for additonal commercials. On the DVD, the episodes are presented as originally aired. Unless I'm misunderstanding and there was some other "deleted" material intended.

As far as other bonus features, there are hidden messages from Scott and Dean and a great documentary on it. I'm not sure what other bonus material is missing, but I'm sure--or sure hoping anyway--that future disks contain may contain additional stuff.

"Play It Again, Seymour" is on the DVD set because it was the last first-run episode of the first season. I know it looks like a second season episode, but it was aired in May of '89, directly following "Camikazi Kid." There's some debate going on in other topics over why the opening sequence for "Seymour" is different from the other episodes, and no one really knows for sure. Personally, I think it's just an indication of the opening sequence being a "work-in-progress"...

On the interviews, Scott indicated that the "Gloria" leap ending was tacked on as a way to draw viewers in and stay tuned for the show's return in the fall.

Haveing not seen them when they first aired and catching re-runs, I had no idea what y'all were discussing, LOL. I assumed it was 1st season because it was on the disc. Thanks!

Re: I'm new here...

Hi... I'm new here as well, and I just want to say that this is a great site! So.... How many of you refuse to believe that Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home?!? I refuse to accept this! :) I know,it's only a TV show, but once you're hooked, you're a fan for life. Any comments? Thanks...

Re: I'm new here...

Well, just because history recorded that "Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home" the first time around doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be changed the second time around... ;)

(Check out my Virtual Seasons story, Lifetime: Future's End to see my interpretation of how this can be changed.) :)