Quantum Leap - Ultimate Playlist!

tina_als_girl

PQL Security Staff
Jul 11, 2002
Missouri, USA
rjoyhelvie.carrd.co
The following is a list of songs compiled from the data available in the Episode Guide here on Al's Place. Knut_Wileton had asked for a single list of all the songs that were played in Quantum Leap, so I went through the Guide and tried my best to get all the songs and their originators.

For songs that either did not have the original recording available or didn't have an actual "originator", I have listed suggestions of versions of that song; this is based on using Spotify (which, honestly, has almost nearly every song in its original recording; I'm very pleased with their selection).

[Spotify is a great program; there's a free version available, and that's what I'm using. Every once in a while there'll be an audio ad, but it isn't particularly annoying; far less than actual radio, for sure.]

This is by no means a 100% finished playlist. I only used the information available on the Episode Guide. There are probably more songs that can be added. Please let me know so I can update the list!

I created a playlist, including all the suggested versions (you can go through and pick your favorite and delete the rest), in Spotify. Here's the link:

http://open.spotify.com/user/tinaalsgirl/playlist/2cGjQCx1lMwGX9DywCEIcz

And here is the songlist [in alphabetical order] (suggested artists in italicized parentheses) {when the song appears on the QL soundtrack, it is indicated}:

A Beautiful Morning -- The Rascals
A Teenager In Love -- Dion & the Belmonts
Accentuate the Positive -- Harold Arlen & Johnny Mercer (John Boutte; Dr. John; Martha Raye)
All Day and All of the Night -- The Kinks
All I Have to Do Is Dream -- Everly Brothers
All Shook Up -- Elvis Presley
Alphabet Rap -- Dean Stockwell {QL soundtrack}
American Pie -- Don McLean
Another Star -- Stevie Wonder
April Love -- Pat Boone
Baby I Don’t Cry Over You -- Billie Holiday
Baby, I Need Your Lovin' -- The Four Tops
Baby, Let's Play House -- Arthur Gunter (Arthur Gunter; Elvis Presley; Scott Bakula {QL soundtrack})
Be-Bop-A-Lula -- Gene Vincent
Betcha By Golly Wow -- The Stylistics
Big Girls Don’t Cry -- Frankie Valli & the 4 Seasons
Blowin' in the Wind -- Bob Dylan (Etta James; Peter, Paul & Mary; Bobby Darin; Dolly Parton & Nickel Creek)
Blue Moon of Kentucky -- Bill Monroe & the Blue Grass Boys (Bill Monroe & the Blue Grass Boys; Elvis Presley; Scott Bakula {QL soundtrack})
Call Me -- Blondie
Cold, Cold Heart -- Hank Williams
Confession Blues -- Ray Charles
Crazy -- Patsy Cline
Cuanto le Gusta -- Carmen Miranda
Dancing in the Streets -- Martha & the Vandellas
Daybreak (Storybook Children) -- Cheryl Lynn
Do You Love Me? -- The Contours
Easier Said Than Done -- The Essex
Fate's Wide Wheel -- Scott Bakula {QL soundtrack}
Fingertips -- Stevie Wonder
Footloose -- Kenny Loggins
For The Love Of Money -- The O'Jays
Friendly Persuasion (Thee I Love) -- Pat Boone
Georgia On My Mind -- Ray Charles
Getaway -- Earth, Wind and Fire
Give Me the Night -- George Benson
Glory Of Love, The -- Brook Benton (Benny Goodman & His Orchestra; The Platters)
Great Balls Of Fire -- Jerry Lee Lewis
Great Pretender, The -- Freddie Mercury (Freddie Mercury; The Platters)
Hang On Sloopy -- The McCoys
He's So Shy -- Pointer Sisters
Heat Wave -- Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
Honky Tonk Angel -- Cliff Richard [possibly?]
Honky Tonk Man -- Johnny Horton
Hound Dog -- Elvis Presley
Howdy Doody -- Cartoon Theme Ensemble
Hustle, The -- Van McCoy & The Soul City Symphony
I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) -- Four Tops
I Heard It Through The Grapevine -- Marvin Gaye
I Want To Know What Love Is -- Foreigner
I Wish It Would Rain -- The Temptations
I'm Walkin' -- Fats Domino
Imagine -- John Lennon (Scott Bakula {QL soundtrack})
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida -- Iron Butterfly
Inchworm -- Danny Kaye {Hans Christian Anderson soundtrack}
Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby -- Louis Jordan
Jailhouse Rock -- Elvis Presley
Killing Me Softly -- Roberta Flack (The Musicmakers)
Kung Fu Fighting -- Carl Douglas
La Bamba -- Richie Valens
Ladies Night -- Kool & The Gang
Let It Be Me -- The Everly Brothers
Locomotion -- Little Eva
Louie, Louie -- The Kingsmen
Man of La Mancha Medley -- Scott Bakula {QL soundtrack}
Maybe Baby -- Buddy Holly & the Crickets
Moon River -- Andy Williams
Moonglow/Theme from Picnic -- Morris Stoloff
My Boyfriend's Back -- The Angels
My Girl -- The Temptations
Oh Boy -- Buddy Holly
Ooby Dooby -- Roy Orbison
Ooo Baby Baby -- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Orange Colored Sky -- Natalie Cole (Natalie Cole; Nat King Cole)
Our Day Will Come -- Ruby & The Romantics
Papa's Got A Brand New Bag -- James Brown
Peggy Sue -- Buddy Holly
Que Sera -- Doris Day
Raindrops -- Dee Clark
Rock Around The Clock -- Bill Haley & the Comets
Rockin’ Robin -- Bobby Day
Runaway -- Del Shannon
Traveling Man -- Ricky Nelson
Sam's Prayer -- Velton Ray Bunch {QL soundtrack}
Sea Cruise -- Frankie Ford
Shake It Up -- Cars
Shout (Part 1 & 2) -- Isley Brothers
[Sittin' On] The Dock Of The Bay -- Otis Redding
Sleepwalk -- Santo & Johnny
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes -- Jerome Kern & Otto Harbach (The Platters; Eartha Kitt; Deborah Cox; Barbra Streisand)
Someday We'll Be Together -- Diana Ross & The Supremes
Someone To Watch Over Me -- George Gershwin (Amy Winehouse; Linda Ronstadt; Frank Sinatra; George & Ira Gershwin; Lea salonga; Sammy Davis Jr.)
Somewhere -- Stephen Sondheim {West Side Story} (Barbra Streisand; Jim Bryant & Marni Nixon {original motion picture soundtrack}; version from West Side Story 2002)
Somewhere In The Night -- Scott Bakula {QL soundtrack}
Splish Splash -- Bobby Darin
Stop! In the Name of Love -- The Supremes
Stormy Weather -- Harold Arlen & Ted Koehler (Frank Sinatra; Etta James; Joni Mitchell; Judy Garland)
Stripper, The -- David Rose
Surfin' USA -- The Beach Boys
Takin' Care of Business -- Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Tequila -- The Champs
That's the Way I Like It -- K.C. & the Sunshine Band
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly -- Ennio Morricone
This Guy's In Love With You -- Herb Alpert & His Tijuana Brass Band
Time Has Come Today -- The Chambers Brothers
Tracks Of My Tears, The -- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Tutti Frutti -- Little Richard
Twist, The -- Chubby Checker
Unchained Melody -- The Righteous Brothers
Walk Like a Man -- Frankie Valle & the Four Seasons
Wanderer, The -- Dion & the Belmonts
What'll I Do -- Irving Berlin (Art Garfunkel; Chestnut Brass Company [instrumental]; Frank Sinatra)
Wild Thing -- The Troggs
Yakety Yak (Don’t Talk Back) -- The Coasters
You Don't Mess Around with Jim -- Jim Croce
You Really Got Me -- The Kinks
Young At Heart -- Frank Sinatra

TRADITIONAL
99 Bottles of Beer -- (Your Favorite Martian [really funny; some minor language]; Ten Little Bottles of Pop by Wendy Wiseman [for kids])
Amazing Grace -- (Il Divo; Bill & Gloria Gaither; Elvis Presley; The Golden Gospel Singers; Bluegrass Worship Band [instrumental]; The Pipes & Drums of the Military Band of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards [instrumental])
Bringing in the Sheaves -- (The Mormon Tabernacle Choir)
Dixie's Land -- (Matthew Sabatella & the Rambling String Band; Bob Carlin; Chris Vallillo)
Hava Nagila (Jewish Music Unlimited)
His Eye Is On The Sparrow -- (Mahalia Jackson)
Hush Little Baby (Mockingbird) -- (both versions from Baby Genius)
We Shall Overcome -- (Pete Seeger)
When the Saints Go Marching In -- (Sam Levine [instrumental]; APM Music [instrumental]; Jo-El Sonnier [instrumental]; Elvis Presley; The Golden Gate Quartet; Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs)
Will the Circle Be Unbroken -- (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (both versions); The Neville Brothers; The Carter Family; June Carter Cash; Loretta Lynn; Willie Nelson; Randy Travis)

The Mourner's Kaddish --

CHRISTMAS
Go Tell It on the Mountain -- (Aaron Neville; Bob Marley; Dolly Parton; The Golden Gospel Singers; Little Big Town; NEEDTOBREATHE; Phillips, Craig & Dean; Randy Travis; Simon & Garfunkel)

Carol of The Bells
Deck The Halls
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Jingle Bells
Joy To The World
Oh Come All Ye Faithful
Silent Night

CLASSICAL (don't have these on the playlist; wasn't sure where to start in finding recordings, since there are so many)
Chopsticks (The Celebrated Chop Waltz) -- Arthur de Lulli (alias Euphemia Allen)
Etude Opus 10 No. 12 Allegro con fuoco, in C Minor -- Frederic Chopin
Piano Concerto in A Minor -- Grieg

NOT SURE (also not in the playlist because I wasn't sure)
Right On Time by [sung by Church Choir] (You Can't Hurry God [He's Right on Time] by Rev. James Garland & The Charles Fold Singers - is this the right song?)
Walk In The Light by [sung by Church Choir] (Aretha Franklin; The S.Francisco Gospel Singers)

World is Brighter -- possibly The Wonder of You by Elvis Presley
We Live On Borrowed Time -- ???

No prob!

I saw your app request on Facebook but apparently I don't have any invites to give out... Dunno why; I've never sent anyone an invite.

But it didn't take me too long to receive my e-mail to register for Spotify.

I did learn yesterday, however, that after 6 months of unlimited play in the Free plan, your account gets limited to 10hrs a month and 5 plays per track.

So, I signed up for Grooveshark yesterday and I'm gonna work on making the playlist on there as well.

No prob!

I saw your app request on Facebook but apparently I don't have any invites to give out... Dunno why; I've never sent anyone an invite.

But it didn't take me too long to receive my e-mail to register for Spotify.

I did learn yesterday, however, that after 6 months of unlimited play in the Free plan, your account gets limited to 10hrs a month and 5 plays per track.

So, I signed up for Grooveshark yesterday and I'm gonna work on making the playlist on there as well.

Yeah, I selected your name when it prompted me to choose a friend, and then it went right through to sign me up, so I'm not sure how it's really supposed to work. Looks great!

Yeah, I really like the UI of Spotify. I'm trying to get used to Grooveshark and it's taking me a bit to learn it all. I'm really considering getting the $5/month plan with Spotify, which'll take all the limitations off... I can eat at Taco Bell for a month to cover it, LOL.

oh,wow! I was looking for something exactly like this. In that way I can listen to them on YT :hurray: