QL finally leaps back onto DVD!

Special Features

Yesterday's transcript of Scott's chat on Star Trek.com tells us one of the extras for the DVD - in the very first question/answer! Apparently there's going to be (at least?) two hours of new behind the scenes interviews with Scott.

I just finished shooting, I came straight here to do this chat and from here I'm going to do two hours of behind-the-scenes interviews for the Quantum Leap Season One DVD release.

Here's the link to the full transcript (I'm reading it right now).
Transcript

Re: Special Features

Using the Star Trek sets as the basis for my theory:

First disc would probably be the Pilot Episode and 2 episodes (Pilot Episode counts as 2 episodes), second disc would be the next 4 episodes, and the third disc would be the remaining episode followed by the extras. That seems to be the most logical way to do it.

Each subsequent season would be a 6-disc set with 4 episodes on each disc ("Lee Harvey Oswald" would count as 2 episodes again), except for the last disc, which would only have 2, and hopefully more special features.

That's how most of the DVD sets are, I believe.

Season 2 DVD

Hi,

Just wondering if there is any news of the 2nd season being released?

I want to assume that Universal will release all 5 seasons, but like I said thats just my assumption. Anyone know of any more concrete information?

Thankyou

I already got mine

I just got my copy of season one yesterday (Sat. Jun 5th) I ordered a copy off of half.com on Thursday and I recieved it in the mail yesterday. It was only 36 dollars with shipping so I thought it was a good deal. I was a little less than impressed with the extra features but, meh, what are you gonna do, I'm just happy to have the series. Anyway, you'll all like it, it's great. It's a little funny, too, though. Many of the scenes with the planes in the pilot are grainy, like they took it from some old war movie or something:lol . I think it's more noticeable on DVD with the better picture. It's kinda funny. Anyway, it's great and I think you'll all enjoy it. Ciao!

I remember reading that the footage of the X-2 test plane was stock footage. There were no more in existence at the time of the filming. It was suggested that a similar plane be used but Don felt if he could tell the difference others could too. So they used old footage of the X-2 and some model shots.

Can't wait for Season 2

The discs look wonderful!!!! They are sharp and clear and the audio is fabulous. The guys look terrific too. Scott doesn't have the plastic look he has on Enterprise and Dean ,what can I say they need to get the Secnav new glasses, just as casual and laidback as ever with the twinkle in his eyes. DPB looks great too.

I hate to be greedy but when is two coming out.

Azrael

Re: Can't wait for Season 2

*faints*

* wakes up, then passes out again. *

This is a dream, right? I'll wake up and it will all be over...

* pinches self *

Ow! Maybe i'm in the Matrix or something, because this is too good to be true...

Please tell me i'm not dreaming....

Joy!

The sound/picture quality is great, the documentaries and interviews are fabulous. Big cheers all around for this set!

Has anyone seen any deleted scenes or outtakes on the disc? So far all the Easter eggs sound like they're just more interviews.

Whoops again

I just found the answer to my question in another thread. I'm batting 1000 tonight, aren't I?

Sorry. I'll stop now.

Bonus Material?

Hi, I watched the season 1 DVD and 1. there were no deleted scenes and 2. the other bonus featuers they promised us? >:

Otherwise they were great, but again dissapointing...

Patricia

Re: Bonus Material?

Again... this was a mistake. The "other" bonus features were actually for the first season of Northern Exposure, listed erroneously for the Quantum Leap set.

Season 2

Somebody else is probably posting this in another thread as I type, but I just got an email that made my day:
**www.tvshowsondvd.com/news...ewsID=1868

Quote:
Here's a bit of news that was left off the recent Universal TV press release: Quantum Leap: Season 2 is going to be released on October 26! Season 2 was the first full season of the series, featuring 22 episodes. This 3 disc set (DVD-18 ) will carry a suggested retail price of $59.98, the same price as season 1, though season 1 only consisted of 8 episodes.

I hope this is reliable.
Isn't it great?

Re: Season 2

For the third time, commence the dance of joy! :joy :joy :joy :hurray

Happy happy, joy joy!!!
:rollin