Hello Everybody

Erasmus

Project QL Intern
Feb 15, 2006
Washington State
I don't really know what to say in this post because most sites I have posted on in the past frown on newbies posting threads about themselves. I gotta say though, that I like this site's idea a lot better because it gives everyone a chance to get acquainted with eachother right off the bat. But I digress...

I guess I will start off with the basics:

My name is Michael or Mike; whichever is a okay with me. I go by the name Erasmus because Desiderius Erasmus is one of my favorite historical figures and theologians.

As you might have guessed by my handle and my quote, I love history. I suppose that's a good thing since I plan on teaching it when I get out of college.

When I'm not reading history books or biographies, I'm usually hanging out with some of my friends or watching one of the many t.v. shows and movies that I find entertaining. (The list would probably fill the whole page, so I'll spare you all the specific names.)

Of course Quantum Leap has a high place on my list of favorite shows, as it has since it first aired. Quantum Leap is one of the rare shows that I enjoyed as a child that I can still enjoy now. I guess quality stories never go out of style.

Anyway, that's about all I can think of saying at this point. I hope to share many interesting bb conversations with all of you, both about Quantum Leap and whatever else may come up. Thanks for taking the time to read my hello letter.

hey welcome mike, glad you decided to join the fun here. although i am definatly not a fan of history i would still love to talk, hope to see you in the chat room. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the board Michael. :)

Any historian is definitely welcome here on a site where time travel and fixing problems comes into play. I may have to pick your brain to see what you have in there when it comes to TVS.

Anyway, welcome to the board and I hope to have further chats with you.

Just to let you know, we do have nightly chats with some of the regular folks that are normally on the board from about 9:00 CST to the wee small hours of the morning sometimes. If you would like to join, you are more than welcome to. :)

Have a wonderful day!
MJ

Welcome to the board! And I agree; I like this place's policy of introducing new members. It makes the place seem more personal, friendlier. And, like it was mentioned above, having a historian here is no bad thing!

Welcome Mike

As a British fan, I don't often get into the nightly chats, but still look forward to exchanging ideas with you here.

It is definitely the friendliest site ever.