What did I miss?

ris768

Project QL Intern
Sep 6, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Every time I look at this forum I scroll to the bottom to see who is online and if anyone is having a birthday. One thing that I am always curious about is this line:

Most users ever online was 256, 08-01-2005 at 01:55 PM.

Why was everyone online that day? What did I miss?

Marissa.

I'm sure Brian or Feldon will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was when the site moved to a new server - so all the users had to be 'carried across' and that's why they all showed up at the same time.

So in point of fact, you didn't miss anything!

Thanks, I've been wondering about that as well. I thought there may have been a really interesting chat room conversation with a QL character or so.

alsplacebartender said:
We actually moved the site a bit before that. I wondered this too and I think that on that date a HUGE amount of search engines all picked us up at once and sent their spiders to crawl our site. Spiders are counted as guests. Just a guess - but most likely.

I've wondered for a while why at some odd hour a forum could get hit by tons of users at once and I think your right. ...Would be better if it was what ohboy said or some topic or topics every body finds so interesting every one has to give an opinion on fast.

And by the way I have seen that happen in a forum. All the regular users posting at a mile a minute for hours.