Old 03-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #26
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

I liked Troian but I have to say I disliked the whole thing with the maid that Carolyn Seymore played being a ghost. I thought that was cheesy, and the same with the end of Beast Within where they saw Bigfoot and the End of StarLight Starbright, I like the ep but the end thing where he gets taken aboard the ship, cheesy :P

*Brian and all I am sorry to remove the spoiler tag that was put here but Snish made a really good point regarding this in the besr episode thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snish
I realize not everyone has seen all the episodes, but I think people should expect the show to be freely discussed on a board for an older show where many of the fans are very knowledgeable.
This show is over 10 years old what are the chances that anyone who is a member here would join without seeing at least the first two seasons, because anyone in that position wouldn't have seen enough to call themselves a fan yet. And if anyone here were by any chance in that position they need to realize that most of us have seen it and thus it's thier problem to be aware that there WILL be spoilers.

so yeah because of this I have removed the added spoiler tag sorry*

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by Sam Beckett Fan; 03-16-2007 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Removed added spolier tag
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #27
leaper
Control Room Technician

sam you just spoiled the ending lol, the twist in the ending was creppy though and i dont understand why all of you underestimate deborah bratt as an actress.i think she did an ok job in the show if she had never acted before.and she was pretty i dont know how she looks now but in that episode she was pretty.That episode was very good.i think blood moon wanst as good as the portrait of the troian
Old 03-11-2007, 12:07 AM   #28
JuliaM
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper
i think she did an ok job in the show if she had never acted before.
"A Portrait for Troian" was certainly not Deborah Pratt's first time acting. She'd done a fair amount of work before it. I most remember her as Marella, Archangel's associate in "Airwolf" (another Bellisario production). You can see the rest of her filmography on IMDB at http://imdb.com/name/nm0695445/
Old 03-11-2007, 03:20 AM   #29
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
why all of you underestimate deborah bratt as an actress.
I don't, I thought she was great as Troian
and here's a fun fact, in real life she has a daughter named Troian who later played little Teresa in Another Mother

Quote:
sam you just spoiled the ending lol
Sorry I thought it was safe to assume that everyone here has seen the whole series or at least season two if not because season two has been on DVD for some time.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Old 03-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #30
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Quote:
i think she did an ok job in the show if she had never acted before.
Which, as has already been stated, wasn't the case.

Quote:
i think blood moon wanst as good as the portrait of the troian
I would say that Blood Moon was intentionally funny, while Portrait was UNintentionally funny.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #31
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

The Play's the Thing

Apart from having the most strange of titles, this episode has some really cringeworthy stuff (and not in a funny way). This was the episode with all the nude people on stage and all the karaoke stuff. Not the finest hour of Season 4 (and the episodes surrounding it weren't either).
Old 03-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #32
Snish
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Apart from having the most strange of titles,

I think the title's fine. It's from Shakespeare. I guess I would call this one forgettable, because I hardly remember it. Were they doing Hamlet in the buff or something? That would explain the title, because it's a quote from Hamlet.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #33
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
i think blood moon wanst as good as the portrait of the troian
I would have to agree here although Kristen and I just adore the vampire jokes in Blood Moon. And Al's fear of Vampires is halarious.
"I'm telling you, he has all the markings of the undead!"
"Then you have all the markings of the braindead!"

hahahahaha

And ok NOW you're trippin' Grimlock to call Play's the Thing one of the worst epsisodes, I LOVE IT. It's so funny and Scott as Hamlet, YEAH!
You're obviously not a girl hehe so I guess that justifies you (hehe thats just a joke, just so I am not misunderstood).

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #34
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Unchained

Not much to say about this one and that is probably why it is on the list. It just totally couldn't captivate me from the beginning to the end. As mentioned before, there is a whole gap of episodes (not all listed here, I'm try to spread the 'love') in Season 4 which do not do justice (pun unintended) to the series.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:52 PM   #35
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Hmmm, Unchained I would have to say is just barely on my nutral list. The best thing about it is Boon finding out about Al and waving goodbye to him when Sam leaped. (thats not a spoiler is it? I mean its not important like the maid in Troian.)

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #36
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

It's a Wonderful Leap

Mind you, comedy episodes can be fun (look out for a good example in my other list very soon) but this takes cringeworthy to extreme levels. And to think that this kind of episode could work (Della Reese, anyone?) makes it even more embarrasing. And then I haven't even started on the banter between Al and the Angel (only topped by another horrid conversation, which will soon follow on this list).
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #37
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Ok, now you've gone and crossed the line! Eaither that or this one must be a joke! It's a Wonderful Leap is one of the BEST epsiodes, Angela is halarious!

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #38
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan
Ok, now you've gone and crossed the line! Eaither that or this one must be a joke! It's a Wonderful Leap is one of the BEST epsiodes, Angela is halarious!
Well, this doesn't surprise me, as you have a passionate hate for the Trilogy.

Mind you, there won't be many fans around who will rate this and the no. 2 (trust me, you won't like that one either) above Trilogy (in terms of quality).
Old 03-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #39
JuliaM
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock
Well, this doesn't surprise me, as you have a passionate hate for the Trilogy.

Mind you, there won't be many fans around who will rate this and the no. 2 (trust me, you won't like that one either) above Trilogy (in terms of quality).
I'm trying to figure out what this means but it's eluding me. How does disliking the Trilogy episodes automatically translate into liking this episode. I'm sure it's not how you meant it but this sentence seems to be a bit rude.

As far as how people rate things quality wise, I would rate "It's A Wonderful" as being better than the Trilogy episodes but that's my opinion. Each person is going to differ on what their opinion is, what they think is a good episodes, and what they think a quality episode is.

I think you do need to keep in mind that these lists are your opinions. While it's your right to hold an opinion about this or any episode, and I'd fight to the death to protect your right to such, it's good to bear in mind that, in the end, this is Your Opinion. It's not a rule of law and it doesn't have to be accepted by everyone as a whole. It doesn't mean that the person who disagrees with your opinion is somehow defective.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #40
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

I must admit, I find this thread intriguing. Not for the "10 Worst...", but for the reactions. It's amazing just how wildly peoples' tastes vary, and yet we can all agree that we love the same show!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #41
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoniz
I think you do need to keep in mind that these lists are your opinions. While it's your right to hold an opinion about this or any episode, and I'd fight to the death to protect your right to such, it's good to bear in mind that, in the end, this is Your Opinion. It's not a rule of law and it doesn't have to be accepted by everyone as a whole. It doesn't mean that the person who disagrees with your opinion is somehow defective.
Sorry, but I meant with quality is the quality of the script. Obviously, that doesn't always have any bearing on liking an episode or not. There are quite a few quality episodes which I don't rate at all. Great script, but doesn't engage me. If I would have a hatred towards blacks and that's why I hate a certain episodes, now that would be a totally different thing.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #42
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Heart of a Champion

When you start rooting for failure of a mission then you know something is wrong. Not my kind of sport and the supporting characters were all very unlikable and uninteresting. The writing was also very lacklustre.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #43
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

OMG, finally one I agree with you on! thank you! My best friend and I hate Heart of Champion!

and I agree with Julia Grimlock we think these lists of yours(the best anf the worst ep lists) are great but you are kind of making them as if you were deciding this for everyone since instead of taking up just one post your lists ARE the thread so bare in mind that not everyone is going to agree with these lists and except for Heart of Chamption I so far am one of them. So it's been great seeing your opinions of the best and worst eps but just bare in mind these lists are not for the whole community here, this is just your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoniz
I'm trying to figure out what this means but it's eluding me. How does disliking the Trilogy episodes automatically translate into liking this episode. I'm sure it's not how you meant it but this sentence seems to be a bit rude.
Yeah I am confused as well here. how do my like for It's a Wonderful Leap and my hate for the trilogies connect? So I like Angela and hate Abigale , what's the problem? And I also agree that I found the partiular wording of that sentence kind of rude, as if your list here is the only correct one and that you were scoffing at me for disliking trilogies. I have never once scoffed at any trilogy likers. which leads me back to what I said above about not everyone sharing your opinion.

I also agree with Julia that I am sure thats not how you meant it but that's how I saw it and my mom taught me that the way someone views a comment you make matters.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.

Last edited by Sam Beckett Fan; 03-13-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #44
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Yeah I am confused as well here. how do my like for It's a Wonderful Leap and my hate for the trilogies connect? So I like Angela and hate Abigale , what's the problem? And I also agree that I found the partiular wording of that sentence kind of rude, as if your list here is the only correct one and that you were scoffing at me for disliking trilogies. I have never once scoffed at any trilogy likers. which leads me back to what I said above about not everyone sharing your opinion.
Sigh. Some people like lighthearted episodes and other people like darker episodes. There is always some pattern to be made (even on my list). Some people take into account that Sam does something which is in character and others don't. Doesn't make one person better then the other, but you can very easily see a pattern emerge. And that's why it's obvious to me that you like most episodes on this list, and will probably dislike most episodes on my other list. Just as it is the other way around (I dislike your favourites, so I will probably like the ones you dislike). Pure logic and nothing else.

What anybody gets out of an episode is for him/her to decide, but things like quality of the script can be measured. If you like the script itself is another matter.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #45
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Actually I like all the episodes on your favorite list at least so far. thank you for explaining and not getting miffed at me for taking slight offense.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #46
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Actually I like all the episodes on your favorite list at least so far. thank you for explaining and not getting miffed at me for taking slight offense.
Well, if you were a non-fan then I would be boiling

Why don't you list your 10 least favourite (aka 'worst') episodes of QL in this thread and I will tell you if I rate (like) those episodes or not. Offcourse, rating them doesn't automatically mean that they will appear on the other list as there are at least a dozen episodes which could have replaced the ones which are on the (other) list.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:22 AM   #47
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

I LOVE It's a Wonderful Leap and Good Morning Peoria.

But I agree with the rest of your list so far.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #48
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock
Well, if you were a non-fan then I would be boiling

Why don't you list your 10 least favourite (aka 'worst') episodes of QL in this thread and I will tell you if I rate (like) those episodes or not. Offcourse, rating them doesn't automatically mean that they will appear on the other list as there are at least a dozen episodes which could have replaced the ones which are on the (other) list.
Ok, I will try, but it may be a little hard for me to come up with ten:
1.) Triogies (all three)
2.) The Last Gunfighter
3.) Heart of a Champion
4.) Last Dance Before an Excution (Except I do like the scene where Al gets the little girl to help him talk to the layer woman)
5.) Goodbye Norma Jean

thats all I can come up with right now because I have other that arn't my favorites but I wouldn't call them my least favorites eaither. That list is in no partiular order by the way.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #49
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Triogies (all three)
Last Dance Before an Excution (Except I do like the scene where Al gets the little girl to help him talk to the layer woman)
Goodbye Norma Jean
These are the episodes I rate (in other words which I disagree with).

Quote:
The Last Gunfighter
Heart of a Champion
These are the episodes I don't rate (in other words which I agree with).
Old 03-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #50
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Dr. Ruth

Well, what is there left to say about this episode? Apart from the celebrity leap (which doesn't bother me as a rule; the marilyn monroe episode was very good) the whole leap itself was very mediocre to me. And the script was a mess. You have Al and Dr. Ruth (I had to close my eyes and ears during that scene), the lovebirds, a murder waiting to happen (which was sssooooo Murder She Wrote). And none of these plotlines felt relevant in any kind of way. There was no real sense of urgency to it. I don't usually agree with the general fans of the series, but if you get this episode presented to you there is no defence that I could come up with.