Old 12-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
BlueSovereign
Imaging Chamber Technician

Default Some of Ziggy's tech seems to be coming true.. .

Check this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6703249.stm

So, a touch-interfaced table computer has been developed by the Micro$oft gang - reminds me of how Gooshie err Gushie ? whatever his name operated Ziggy, amazing .

Those iPhones keep reminding me of a season 1 handlink too - we're getting there, just need it to scream when you bash it - and there is a Physicist in America who is building a time travel experiment:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...icle_id=471359

Oh yeah, and happy Christmas to everyone here !
Old 12-26-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
HologramIAm
Control Room Technician

Great stories both! But Surface? I like Ziggy better! And the article about Professor Mallet was great! I don't like the idea of only being able to travel back as far as when the machine was turned on, but that's just one time machine idea, I suppose.

Visit DigitalCAPS | Twitter
HologramIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
BlueSovereign
Imaging Chamber Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by HologramIAm
Great stories both! But Surface?
Yep, I remember Gooshie and Sam sliding their fingers up and down on Ziggy's console during one episode - that's what I thought about when I read the article. Ok, so it's not a full quantum computer but at least the interface is similar to my imaginings of how Ziggy is operated.

Quote:
I like Ziggy better! And the article about Professor Mallet was great! I don't like the idea of only being able to travel back as far as when the machine was turned on, but that's just one time machine idea, I suppose.
Ziggy is very. . . colourful and would be great on the floor of a disco - lol maybe that is what the project [staff] do on a weekend, play music and dance around Ziggy . I like the idea of a personality being part of the interface to a computer like Ziggy - especially one with a sense of humour. As for the time machine theory with Prof Mallet, it sucks for us QL fans if it's true that you can't go back further [ edit: than when you switch the machine on]. . .

Last edited by BlueSovereign; 12-27-2007 at 11:49 AM.
BlueSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
NeuroMason
Control Room Technician

some people are never satisfied... lol