Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 PM   #26
AlyssaCalavicci
Imaging Chamber Technician

Im with you OhBoy I like Al myself cause of his humorus side I can see your point there in what Al is feeling and what his fear is reminds me of the episode'Dr Ruth" where he was in those sessions talking to her he pointed how he was afriad of being abandonded again which is why he couldnt get close to Tina. Al really dose care a great deal for Sam in alot of ways I think Al wishes he could hug him again but cant cause he is a hologram to him. And I might be wrong on my speculations but in the poilot I think Al was angry with Sam when he first leaped he wasnt ready and Al wasnt at the complex that night to stop him when he found that Sam vanished it scared him alot.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #27
sparkyclarkie
Control Room Technician

I have to admit Al is just great in that episode, especially when he has to describe Tina's best asset. It just makes me laugh every time
I do think i agree with you though, but al has had such a complex life its not surpising he needs some counselling, for any number of things he could be angry about.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #28
angvav
Temporary Account

Nope

It is concerning that he cannot get back home though!

Especially when Zoey could get back home in revenge of the evil leaper.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #29
QL Fan
PQL Visitor

Al and Sam mentioned 'hidden' public service announcements from time to time (pardon the expression).
They talked about the evils of nuclear waste, or the Ozone Layer 'problem' in the 1980s, or styrofoam staying in landfills for a million years in a scene or two. Don't give me that crap. At this moment, I'm looking to enjoy my entertaining TV show. Do NOT lecture me. It's like the dopes on NBC now (maybe there's a trend here...) telling me to Go Green and buy solar panels. Buzz off! Let me decide if I leave my lights on all day and night.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #30
laestrella
Control Room Technician

Default to bexter especially...but for all to read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angvav
Whats the point in watching it if you can't read deep into the episodes, thats why we are fans .
my sentiments exactly Bexter. you're right. that's why i loved quantum leap so much, it makes us think and react to ways which we would never have thought possible. to quote scott bakula, "i learned from those people; i developed relationships with people i wouldn't have been able to embrace." i think that sums it up for me. anyone agree?
David North: Miss it?
Logan: Right about now I am.
laestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #31
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by laestrella
my sentiments exactly Bexter. you're right. that's why i loved quantum leap so much, it makes us think and react to ways which we would never have thought possible. to quote scott bakula, "i learned from those people; i developed relationships with people i wouldn't have been able to embrace." i think that sums it up for me. anyone agree?
Wholeheartedly!
Especially since QL has led to me developing relationships with a lot of really special people all over the world!

BTW - I love you guys.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #32
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper1
Especially since QL has led to me developing relationships with a lot of really special people all over the world!
I could agree with that. I've only been here about 2 1/2 months (something like that), and I've seen how nice everyone is, and have become friends with a couple members in particular.

Plus, to the post of laestrella, and I have gotten more of a world view, since I don't really know anybody outside of town.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #33
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboy
I could agree with that. I've only been here about 2 1/2 months (something like that), and I've seen how nice everyone is, and have become friends with a couple members in particular.
This forum is like a big family really. Everyone is so nice to each other and no one has made a remark to deliberatley hurt anyone (as far as I know). Maybe Quantum Leap only attracts some of the people in this world who aren't . Ohboy and Leaper 1 are right.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #34
Bexter
Observer's Aid

Hi Guys
I haven't caught up with much here last few weeks since my worlds turned upside down!! It is a wonderful website and Quantum Leap is a wonderful show because its all about 'righting wrongs' and what could be more wonderful than that! I've been a bit out of it and not read many posts as I can't eat or sleep but despite that I'm happier than I've been for so long I can't remember! Not to mention rather thinner!! I put on some jeans that I've kept 'just in case' since 1994 but also because I bought them in England and they are kinda like a keepsake. Anyway they fit!! OMGsh!!
Old 08-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #35
angvav
Temporary Account

If it's one thing that is so good about this site is that everyone is sooooooooooooo nice

I hope I do not offend in saying this and I don't mean to

But there was a forum I used recently where the people were not very nice to each other. And the moderators thought nothing of it!

For me, if it's one thing that makes a forum a good one, is the people that use it

Quantum Leap is a brilliant show and that makes this site great. But it is the nice people that use it that makes it even more great!

And I think thats what QL is about. All the nice things in life that can happen.

Like Sam helping people. Always solving problems in a nice manner. Being nice towards people no matter what happens.

Anyway, I better stop bambling on

I hope I make sense everyone!