a leap for lisa question

leaper

Project QL Intern
May 13, 2006
i watched this episode i never watched it before and i was wandering.sam leaped in to al when he was 23 to prove that he was innocent at a rape charge.but sam at the start. of the episode changed history for worse and al was sentenced to death although at the end of the ep alreapeared. and in that time that al died someone else took his place ruddy mcdowal.So why sam surpired when he saw him?becouse he wouldnt have any memory of who al was,becouse they never met.They only met when al was older.When you go back in time and change something in history this change affects and you and not only the other people.So for me this was kinda silly.
But I guess they did it so that sam would be surpired seeing someone else in the place of al.but still this is for me a little mistake.

exactly.

and Sam was not there to prove Als innocence, at least not originally. Originally he was there to save lisa, but then as you said, he screwed everything up.

actually it was al who screwed things up, he was too busy looking at his memories and didnt arrive in time to tell sam his mission.

I was thinking the same thing about Sam. Was it really Als falt or was it Sam's. What I would like to know is would Sam have heard (from Al) what happen to Lisa? They are/where best friends and all. Al would have told him about her death?

No, Al did not do anything wrong, its not like hes never been late before. Sam tried to risk history because he thought he knew what he was there for, but he had not talked to Al about it first. he should have known better than that. He should have known to just go along with what Bingo does(which isn't hard he just needs to play along with the people around him like when he went to see lisa in the first place.)until Al got there.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
No, Al did not do anything wrong, its not like hes never been late before. Sam tried to risk history because he thought he knew what he was there for, but he had not talked to Al about it first. he should have known better than that. He should have known to just go along with what Bingo does(which isn't hard he just needs to play along with the people around him like when he went to see lisa in the first place.)until Al got there.

I dont think it is Sam's fault. Al was late, he should have been there earlier. When Sam leaps he only has one shot to put things right, and if Al doesn't show up to tell him what he has to do, he has to make an educated guess, or risk losing his chance to put whatever it is right.

I will repeat, its not the first time AL was late!
Ok, i will admit one thing, by the time Al DID get there, it was just barely before Lisa's death. But Sam is still guilty as well.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
I will repeat, its not the first time AL was late!
Ok, i will admit one thing, by the time Al DID get there, it was just barely before Lisa's death. But Sam is still guilty as well.
Sam is not guilty. Like somebody above said, without Al he was left to make an educated guess as to why he was there.

But Al himself says that he's late getting to Sam not because of some glitch at the project but because he's having fun being a hologram and reliving his past. There was no good reason for Al to be late and if he hadn't chosen to indulge himself Sam wouldn't have been left to make a decision one way or the other. Sam doesn't know who he's leapt into at that point or what the original history was so he has to go on instinct at that point, which he does frequently. He doesn't generally sit around not doing or saying anything until Al arrives.