Which QL song is your top favorite?

Which QL song is your top favorite?

• Total voters
Samantha_Beckett said:
Oh, THAT'S where that song is from! I have been trying to figure out what episode that was from!

Samantha Beckett

Actually, I think the band's name is Fate's Wide Wheel and the actual song is "Traveler." And the episode it's from is "Glitter Rock."

I just learned a neat piece of info about "Man of LaMancha" and our beloved Scott. Scott performed as Don Quixote in the same play when he was in high school! He reprised it on QL...no wonder he seemed so comfortable, hehe.

Samantha Beckett

I was wondering how I'd missed this poll, and then realized that it predates me by about a year.

This is a tough question; the show had so much wonderful music, thanks to the fantastic composers and a star who can actually sing! In the end, I had to go with "Somewhere in the Night;" it's one of my favorites. When I got the season three DVDs, I replayed the part with Sam singing it over and over again.

But "The Man of LaMancha" melody really does get stuck in your head; I've had days at work where, for no reason, I suddenly want to burst out singing 'I am I, Don Quixote', which I doubt would be much appreciated. :)

my most fav song from the show is the song daybreak from the private dancer episode.and thanks to this wonderfull site i download it.e i couldnt find it anywhere.It would be nice if there was a collection with all the songs you ve heared in the show.Recently i bought the QL tv soundrack i didnt know there was any,and the only songs it has,are from scott.ok scott is great singer but there were and other good, FANTASTIC songs in the show.
1 Daybreak Sheryl Lynn
2 Foreigner I Want to Know What Love Is
3 Pointer Sisters He is so shy
and others i cant remember lol
Please producers of the show make a Quantum Leap Soundtrack Part 2. The QL soundtrack part 1 stinks

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't count on a part 2. After all, these are the people who aren't even keeping the music in the TV show - I somehow doubt they'll get permission, or the money required, to do a CD with songs by different artists.

The QL soundtrack doesn't just feature the songs that Scott did - it also features some of the original compositions from the show as well. Frankly, I'm glad what it it feature was the songs by Scott as well as the original compositions - I just wish they'd included more of the songs that Scott sang.

I don't think it's a great loss not having songs by other artists on the soundtrack. If I want to hear songs by Foreigner and The Pointer Sisters, I can just buy a cd by them. I can't exactly go out there and pick up Scott's latest album.

I agreed with LadyKayoss, the chances of their being a second sountrack released from the series are about as good as a snowball's chance on the sun. If there were, though, I would hope it would have more of the original pieces and more of the songs that Scott sang. After all, how often do you have a lead actor who has a voice that good and does that much singing in the show?

As far as a favorite song, from the options given I'd pick "Somewhere In the Night". I also am particularly fond of the song that Scott sang in "Pool Hall Blues".

yes but in many tv soundracks from popular shows on tv ,you see songs from other artists as well an not oly from the leading actor from the show who happens to have a beautifull voice and sing.Remember the movie the bodyguard?? in the soundrack there were are and other songs and not only whitneys.Or the classic show from the 80s MOONLIGHTING the same thing.I am not saying that i dont like the soundrack of the show or i dont like scott baculas songs.Is just when you hear some songs in the show who brings you memories of the show when you listen to them and they are very emotional or beautifull then it would be great if these songs included in a tv soundrack.And besides you may go at a record store and buy pointer sisters cd or foreighners cd but not all songs are easy to find in the market.The song daybreak was very hard for me to find and i didnt even know who the artist was.But thanks to this site as i said again i dowload it.Anyway ...

SammyJoBeckett said:
Samantha Beckett said:
Hehehehehe...I have the Quantum Leap theme song as my ringtone. :p

Samantha Beckett

me too!
me three! how dare you two copy me, mwhahahaha! lol:hurray:
I must say I love Scott's version of Blue Moon of Kentucky as well, and Fates Wide Wheel rox!

Oh I just thought of another one, I love Sam's Prayer, the music from "A Single Drop of Rain".

Last edited:
I chose Somewhere in the Night because it is one of my favorite songs of all time, but a close second is the Suite from "The Leap Home". Everytime I hear that I am reminded of Sam during Mirror Image when Al the bartender asks Sam where he wants to go and then Sam responds "I want to go home," The Suite kicks in at this point and Sam finishes his statement, "but I can't, can I? I have a right to put wrong for Al. You knew that didn't you?" It is just a great melody that hits me everytime I hear it.

I chose Imagine. I just love his version, his intonations are original and it really works as a guitar piece. Everytime I play it in company, someone will ask who's singing. I also think he does a killer young-Elvis on Blue Moon of Kentucky and Baby, Let's Play House.

I wish they'd included that little song from Pool House Blues on the CD.

I would also have loved it if they'd included Scott's version of Smoke Gets in Your Eyes. I know he never really got the chance to sing all of it in the show, but I heard it through the Al's Place media library, and thought he did a lovely job.

I first heard Imagine on QL and and once I was older and understood more about what the song means it became my favorite song. The song reprents what I believe in and hope for in all people. That deep down in all of us there is a humanity that fights to reach the surface. That someday ,if we're lucky. that is how the world will be.

I had to vote for Somewhere in the Night. It's beautiful.

That being said, I also love Sam's Prayer. That little ditty makes me tear up.

I would have to vote for "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" too. That was the first time I heard Scott sing, and he knocked my socks off.

Second, I think I would list "Man of La Mancha." Or "Imagine." So hard to choose....

Wow! I just listened to "Somewhere in the Night" for the first time. What a beautiful song. His voice is so perfect for it.
Oh, and I LOVE when he sings "Great Balls Of Fire"

Revival of the dead threads...
I voted for "Fate's wide wheel" because it a song that give a great reflection of the all show concept. And of course...Scott did a great job with this song.

P.S.
I have the complete QL theme as my ringtone.

My choice would be... none of the above! It's "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," from Stand Up.

Honorable mention: Al singing "We Shall Overcome" and "Inchworm."

BTW, what is "Suite from The Leap Home"? Instrumental music? I just don't remember anything special from that episode except Scott singing "Imagine."

If my choice is limited by what is posted in the poll, I would have to choose Man of La Mancha.

From the soundtrack CD, my choice would be Suite from Lee Harvey Oswald, hands down, no contest.

No 'Rock the Redhead'???

Being a 80's Big Hair music fan, I wanted to vote for "Rock The Redhead" from 'Glitter Rock', but I chose "Somewhere in the Night".

\m/ Rock and Roll!