Freedom

Al's Handlink

Project QL Intern
Mar 18, 2004
Bristol, Connecticut
Recently, like over the past several weeks, I have been rewatcing all the episodes of QL in order.

I just finished watching Freedom and I have to reiterate how much I loved this episode. It was hands down the funniest episode in the series. Joseph Washikee (Kenu) was the funniest cherecter in the series and I really wish they had brought him back for Mirror Image.

That being said, I noticed a cople things watching it this time that I had never noticed before. First, it was awful easy for Joseph to convince Sam to break them out of prison, and at that point, Al had not shown up yet to tell Sam that he was there to help Joseph die.

Second, when they were puting the markings on the horses, they used the handprints to show how many men each had killed. Sam put two on his horse, obviouslly to signify killing Roget in Honeymoon Express, and killing Nick in Her Charm. But he seems to have either forgotton about killing Jimmy Cleridge in A Portrait for Troian, or he doesn't consider it him killing him.

Sam might not have pulled a trigger of stabbed him, but he tackled Jimmy into the water and took the wind out of him which is probably what caused him to drown in the first place.

Regardless, it is still one of my favorite episodes

Al's Handlink said:
Recently, like over the past several weeks, I have been rewatcing all the episodes of QL in order.

I just finished watching Freedom and I have to reiterate how much I loved this episode. It was hands down the funniest episode in the series. Joseph Washikee (Kenu) was the funniest cherecter in the series and I really wish they had brought him back for Mirror Image.

That being said, I noticed a cople things watching it this time that I had never noticed before. First, it was awful easy for Joseph to convince Sam to break them out of prison, and at that point, Al had not shown up yet to tell Sam that he was there to help Joseph die.

Second, when they were puting the markings on the horses, they used the handprints to show how many men each had killed. Sam put two on his horse, obviouslly to signify killing Roget in Honeymoon Express, and killing Nick in Her Charm. But he seems to have either forgotton about killing Jimmy Cleridge in A Portrait for Troian, or he doesn't consider it him killing him.

Sam might not have pulled a trigger of stabbed him, but he tackled Jimmy into the water and took the wind out of him which is probably what caused him to drown in the first place.

Regardless, it is still one of my favorite episodes

in my opionion Sam may have pushed Jimmy into the lake but it is not Sam's fault that Jimmy was unable to swim himself back to safety.

Al's Handlink said:
But I think it would be because he got the wind knocked out of him. It would have been enough so that Jimmy couldn't resurfus

hmm, i just figured that he could not swim, like his sister.