In "So Help me God"?

Al's Handlink

Project QL Intern
Mar 18, 2004
Bristol, Connecticut
Has anyone ever noticed that in the episode "So Help me God", The mother of the man Delilah is accused of murdering is clearly crazy when she testifies for Delilah's benefit. But she sees Sam as his host.

Then it is stated clearly that the Mentally absent can see Sam as Sam in Shock Theater.

I know "Shock Theater" was made way after "So Help me God", and the premise of Sam being seen as Sam by the Mentally Ill was not thought up yet, but I thought that it was interesting.

yeah, I noticed that too kind of espeically because when she was testifying the voice she had reminded me greatly of laura fuller who was also mentally absent and COULD see Sam.

Maybe it wasn't so much she was crazy but in a fugue state...she had not moved forward from the point where her son died--she believed he was off hunting.

Yeah thats true, I didnt think mentally absent was the right term because aside from not realizing that her son is dead she was fine cuz she stressed to Lenard (Sam) not to step on her flowers again and stuff and remembered him doing so once before as a past event, so I am guessing she is just in extreme shock that she killed her son that she blocked it out of her brain and the only thing that registers is him hunting.