The Cheer-leaping Squad!!!

What do you most expect at next year's event?

• Total voters
Good grief! I really hope im not sat next to Nags. The KB word might spontaneously fall out of my mouth. And then i would be in big trouble.:p

Classical Theories said:
Ok naggin. Now your just getting a bit offensive. Your point is noted and filed away. Grow up a bit and get over it please. It's not like that's the only misconception everyone, not just Americans, have about many things, even Aussies. This flag-waving Democratic American will not tolerate your abuse.

If you feel we Americans are screwing up "anything", maybe you better stay home rather than offend the American Quantum Leap actors who obviously have made a fan out of you. They speak screwed-up English too btw.

Get over it and move on please.

Sorry guys, I was only teasing (I do that... Bexter tells me I sound like a tosser, lol), and it got a little out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone. My apologies.

The only thing I have to add is my disappointment that Bexter is no longer quoting Blackadder, so I'll take the liberty.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nursie: If you weren't quite so big, it would be time for Mr and Mrs Spank to pay a short sharp trip to Bottieland. [/FONT]

Josh said:
The only thing I have to add is my disappointment that Bexter is no longer quoting Blackadder, so I'll take the liberty.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nursie: If you weren't quite so big, it would be time for Mr and Mrs Spank to pay a short sharp trip to Bottieland. [/FONT]

I AM!! last 2 lines of my signature!! you didn't think i'd stop did you

Replying to this thread in reverse order: Koalas smell like fuzzy coughdrops. I didn't know our weakness is gas (but then again, look at what we eat). The flag colours of the UK and Australia are the same as ours- red, white and blue. And hurray for those in charge of the convention!

Did I miss anything?

EmmaCMF said:
Bex, you'll probably have to explain the word that starts with w and rhymes with banker, too, as that's not well known in the States either!

Oh good grief!!! :banghead Is anyone going to be able to undestand a jolly word I say???

Brian didn't even know what I meant when I said "you'll keep"! which means
Just wait until I see you.... you're in for it. (I was joking)

Al The Observer said:
The flag colours of the UK and Australia are the same as ours- red, white and blue. And hurray for those in charge of the convention!
Yes thank you ATO the coloUrs are red white and blue (I did think of that when CT said what he said)

And you know, the biggest reason I'm coming to leap back is not to see the stars but to meet the people on this website who are the real stars to me (you included ATO) The people on this website are wonderful and I really can't wait to meet everyone and spend time with them. I even lay awake at night thinking about it. The committee are amazing for what they have done. Marc is a amazing for volunteering his time and creating such enthusiasm. And those who aren't coming and wish they were you are amazing to becuase you are sharing in the excitement (I'm particularly referring to Leaper1 here who's so excited for me) and I know it must be hard, it was hard for me before I decided to come, but I was still excited for you all.

That is the biggest attraction for me, yes I love the show, but I love other shows too, and the reason I'm coming to the con for this one is because of the other fans who love it too.

Isn't it great that as a group we can share all the excitement of the lead up to our big holidays with each other. I didn't realise that until now. You go on a normal holiday and often you don't think about it much until the day you leave, but not this one.... the lead up is just as much fun as the holiday.

Bexter said:
Oh good grief!!! :banghead Is anyone going to be able to undestand a jolly word I say???

Brian didn't even know what I meant when I said "you'll keep"! which means
Just wait until I see you.... you're in for it. (I was joking)

I watch enough British TV and movies that I can translate into Americanized English if need be. Though I am having difficulty finding a direct equivilant for a word beginning with s and rhyming with pod...

Classical Theories said:
Heading out to Germany in the morning. Flyers for LEAP BACK already printed there and I will be talking it up from the stage all weekend (Apr. 18-20th). http://www.fedcon.de

First LIVE international advertising for LEAP BACK coming soon!! Wish me luck!!!

Whoo-hoo!! (Flying Business Class too!!)

Good luck! We will miss you.

Josh said:
Yes, April 2009, or until you've exhausted all the hilarious Blackadder quotes. I just introduced a friend to that show, he's surprised it's taken him so long to see it.
Personally, my favourite Blackadder quote is

Melchet:- Ah..Blackadder, starting to talk to yourself I see.
Blackadder:-Well it's my only way of an intelligent conversation.

CLASSIC! :)

Its a show that starred Rowan Atkinson and Hugh Laurie (you know... Mr Bean & Dr House) The quotes and insluts are awesome...

Here is a link where you can waste many hours immersing yourself in wonderul blackadder quotes and comedy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/blackadder/quotes/index.shtml

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blackadder: They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head.

It is of course not nearly as good as Quantum Leap!!! and I wouldn't in my wildest dreams consider flying half way across the world to go the a Blackadder convention.... besides Scott Bakula is way more sexy than Rowan Atkinson :p
[/FONT]

Now that Marc is out of the country I feel I can bring this up...

I checked out the poll results and discovered that only one person is not expecting "a great program". Even more disturbing was to find out that person is Classical Theories.

Isn't he the MC?
Does Marc know something we don't know?
Should I be worried?
Do I spend too much time over analysing things?
How can I make the next 347 days go faster other than time travelling?

alsplacebartender said:
Thanks for the info! By the way - you still falling off the planet? Your sig...

No not falling of planet anymore!! feeling a little better, came down with a achey/headache/sleeping virus which is why i was feeling so BLAH and maybe why i was over reacting to things just a tad (you know what i mean) Have just stopped my sig from showing up but will change it when I get the chance... maybe I'll start quoting Red Dwarf just for a change.

ris768 said:
Do I spend too much time over analysing things?

Oh someone ELSE who over analyses things, I'm so glad we are sharing a room, we can analyse to the wee small hours :roflmao:

I'm sure Classical Theories didn't tick the great programme box because he knows its going to be a FANTASTIC programme!!!!!

Hmm, no, I probably wouldn't fly across the country to go to a Blackadder convention either, but I certainly wouldn't mind running into Hugh Laurie in LA. (Or any other celebrities for that matter).

And my personal favorite quote:

Blackadder: I spy with my bored little eye something beggining 'T'.
Baldrick: Breakfast!
Blackadder: WHAT?
Baldrick: My breakfast always starts with tea.
Blackadder: Baldrick, when I said something that starts with 't' I meant a letter.
Baldrick: Naw...it never starts with a letter, postman doesn't get here til 10:30.

Yeah, it's long, but classic ;)

Bexter said:
No not falling of planet anymore!! feeling a little better, came down with a achey/headache/sleeping virus which is why i was feeling so BLAH and maybe why i was over reacting to things just a tad (you know what i mean) Have just stopped my sig from showing up but will change it when I get the chance... maybe I'll start quoting Red Dwarf just for a change.

RED DWARF FTW! WOOT!

Remember - it's not a banana, it's "a small, off-duty Czechoslovakian Traffic Warden".

EmmaCMF said:
RED DWARF FTW! WOOT!

Remember - it's not a banana, it's "a small, off-duty Czechoslovakian Traffic Warden".

And its not an egg its.....

Boiled chicken ovulations -- delicious (Kryten)

And I've given up trying to keep this thread on track :banghead